Digital Spy Page slow loading on iPad

FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
Forum Member
Anyone else having this issue. It started for me on Sunday - all other pages are loading at the usual speed. Its just digital spy pages and in particular when I click on a thread

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, on android so not an apple issue. Ever since the Netflix banner turned up.
  • KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem on my android tablet. I was blaming my router, internet connection, Firefox, adblock etc. Perhaps this is something to do with some change in the style sheet. Who knows. Really does anyone have a clue.
  • KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't made that connection, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone took the opportunity to make some internal script changes at the same time.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Use Mercury browser. Safari is one of the slowest and Chrome isn't much better.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    Anyone else having this issue. It started for me on Sunday - all other pages are loading at the usual speed. Its just digital spy pages and in particular when I click on a thread

Yep, slow on my nexus 7 android tablet as well. Very slow to load. Never used to be.

Only DS.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same, I'm on a macbook, using safari.

I installed adblock and now it's loading again, but since sunday night I've not been able to load any forum pages at all.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Slow on my iPhone too. Gets so far up the loading bar and then just stops.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Change to the mobile version. I don't know why everybody doesn't use the mobile version... I never get any problems and it always works fine. It even looks better!
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Change to the mobile version. I don't know why everybody doesn't use the mobile version... I never get any problems and it always works fine. It even looks better!

Well that's certainly quicker - thank you!

Thank you for your replies everyone:)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    I've been using mobile, it's all I use on my phone.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It isn't slow as such, but when I scroll the page down it keeps 'springing up' about 5 times before it allows me to do it properly. It's not happening on anything else, only here.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the full version on an iPad air and it's fine. Just the same as it's always been.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't slow as such, but when I scroll the page down it keeps 'springing up' about 5 times before it allows me to do it properly. It's not happening on anything else, only here.

I've been having this problem too.
    Forum Member
    Use Mercury browser. Safari is one of the slowest and Chrome isn't much better.

I tried this but it was still as slow:(
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    I've seen the same since foolishly accepting the Apple guy's advice to update the iPad to 8.1.3, since then it's not been as good. The same chap has since told me that 8.1.3 is optimised for 64-bit devices, and that content-heavy websites such as DS with some ads and specifically The Telegraph home page that loads innumerable video clips at startup will be slow to load. The Telegraph page locks up for a while on first load, making it unusable as a portal for a quick check on the news if using the iPad.

That might be your issue op, if you've updated your OS in the recent past but are running it on a 32-bit device.
    Forum Member
    SnrDev wrote: »
    I've seen the same since foolishly accepting the Apple guy's advice to update the iPad to 8.1.3, since then it's not been as good. The same chap has since told me that 8.1.3 is optimised for 64-bit devices, and that content-heavy websites such as DS with some ads and specifically The Telegraph home page that loads innumerable video clips at startup will be slow to load. The Telegraph page locks up for a while on first load, making it unusable as a portal for a quick check on the news if using the iPad.

That might be your issue op, if you've updated your OS in the recent past but are running it on a 32-bit device.

It is 8.1.3 but I can't remember when I updated it and it is a 32-bit device. How annoying, but it seems to be ok using the DS mobile site. Thank you for the info.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    It is 8.1.3 but I can't remember when I updated it and it is a 32-bit device. How annoying, but it seems to be ok using the DS mobile site. Thank you for the info.

It's a general problem for some it would seem. I have a new Z3 and it's hesitant at times on DS, mobile site sometimes helps.
    I think, for me, it depends on the banner ad, the Netflix one seems to be by far the worst.
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I am on an iPad 2 and its not been too bad. The main problem I have been having is that in news articles you start at the top, slide the article up to read it and the headline stays put with the text sliding underneath it!
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's randomly slow everyday for me, on the iPad always has been (always will be I bet).

It's way faster on IE in windows on a pc.
  • Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this problem on my mac and on my I-Pad but not on my (work) windows computer
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the problem for ages now on my iPad mini 2. It can be painful at times the slowness of loading a page. I also get issues on the Guardian website where it sometimes doesn't even load just crashes.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I've been having exactly the same problem for a few days on my iPad 2. It's not a problem caused by an update to 8.1.3, I'm still using an old version after reading about it slowing down older devices.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you transfer to the mobile version? I've tried clicking on the link at the bottom of the page on Digital spy but it just takes me to the front page.
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    It's a general problem for some it would seem. I have a new Z3 and it's hesitant at times on DS, mobile site sometimes helps.
    I think, for me, it depends on the banner ad, the Netflix one seems to be by far the worst.

That's really interesting. It's loading quickly for me at the moment on the desktop site and no sign of the Netflix banner. Last night the Netflix banner was at the top of the page and the desktop site was taking on average 10 minutes to load. What an earth have they done!
    Forum Member
    Got this problem on my mac and on my I-Pad but not on my (work) windows computer

Ditto