Options

Funny things children say - lets have a laugh

technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A happy thread.

What funny things have you heard children say to others or you?

When I was about 4 my mum and older sister took me to a swimming lesson (private house). There were kids splashing around and I was scared! When the teacher asked me to come in I replied very dryly...."your pool is dirty and I don't like your face"

My mum almost had a heartache through embarrasment.

When I was about 5 I was running down a hotel corridor. An elderly lady stopped me and said "no running in the passage". I replied "I'm not running I'm jogging". She then asked who I belong to. I replied that I belonged to myself.

I dont remember any of these stories!

What have you heard?

Comments

• Options
    jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 2 year old DD in a trolley in tesco asking the man in the queue in front of us 'do you have a willy like my daddy?' Cue me dying with embarrasement. I was like a beetroot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessmum wrote: »
    My 2 year old DD in a trolley in tesco asking the man in the queue in front of us 'do you have a willy like my daddy?' Cue me dying with embarrasement. I was like a beetroot!

AHahahahahahaha
    Great!!! :D
  • Options
    jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and my son, also aged around 2 going round Tesco (must have spent my life in there whenthey were little loL) screaming 'BIGTITS' ...'BIGTITS' when all he wanted was a biscuit!

I now have my shopping delivered....
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife looks after a 6 year-old girl after school. One day last year she was about to leave at 7pm when the girl stood in front of the door and said to my wife "show me your boobs. You're not going home until I've seen your boobs." :eek: Her mum said "you don't ask that, they're private" so she lifted her T-shirt and said "are mine private then?" Was very funny the wife told me.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walking through a cemetery with my 3yr old grandson, he asked me what the graves were. I told him it was where you are put when you die, he then asked “when do they take you out again?” they don’t, you stay there I replied, after a pause he said, “Aww that’s just mean”
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    My mum often tells a couple of stories about me when I was a kid to new girlfriends.

When i was about 5 or 6 we were visiting some friends who lived near us in Germany (my parents were in the Army). The husband was a large, well built black gentleman and I was sitting on his knee examining his hands. I asked him if the rest of him was brown, why were the front of his hands pink?. He replied "The soles of my feet are pink too". I asked why and he said "That's where God stood me up against a wall and spray painted me".

I once asked a guy who had tight curly red hair, but a bald spot right in the middle, why he was bald at that one place. He told me that was where God casted off after knitting him.

Apparently, when my Dad was sent off to Cyprus during the Turkish/Greek conflict I was at school and got upset to the words of the Lords Prayer. Instead of saying "Hallowed be thy name", I used to say "Walter be thy name" and got upset and kicked off when the teachers corrected me.

My brother when young would never shut up, he talked all the time and was forever being told to shut up. One day we were on a bus in Glasgow heading into town when an old woman said "Aren't you two lovely wee boys, what are your names?" and my brother replied "My name's shutup Derek".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend has been drumming in the please and thank you protocol to her 3 year old. Her grandma said to her "Would you like to pack these toys away while I get your lunch" and she sweetly replied "No thank you"
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son got a cheque in the post from an aunt for his birthday. He took the cheque out of the card and i said to him "what's on the cheque"? His reply was "Bank of Scotland PLC" :D
  • Options
    Jimmy the GentJimmy the Gent Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 3 year old daughter loudly informing the checkout woman in Sainsburys, "My dad likes Snickers."

But it sounded like, "My dad likes knickers."

The woman gave me a look of scornful contempt and shook her head in disgust as she continued to scan my shopping. It wasn't even worth trying to explain - and by that point I realised that several other people had heard and were staring at me as if I were some sort of weirdo. I had to pay as quickly as I could and just get out of there.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My little niece showed me a drawing she had done with squiggles along the bottom, which she told me was "writing"

When I asked her what it said, she said
    "I don't know, I can't read yet!"
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I had my very spoilt 5yr old nephew with me in the park when he kicked off crying and hystreonics because I had brought cheese and onion crisps with me and he only liked plain. He really was a sight to behold when he got going. As we were in a very crowded play area, trying to nip it in the bud, I said to him as quietly as possible " Stop it Peter, you're being a brat"
    He let out the sort of screaming howl you would expect from someone who had just been slapped, the sort of howl that had parents turning to look at us within a radius of 100yds and pointing at me wailed "HE CALLED ME THE B WORD"
    There was a collective sharp intake of breath all round me and much tutting.
    I was reduced to looking at people saying "I didn't... I didn't... I said brat honestly!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my very spoilt 5yr old nephew with me in the park when he kicked off crying and hystreonics because I had brought cheese and onion crisps with me and he only liked plain. He really was a sight to behold when he got going. As we were in a very crowded play area, trying to nip it in the bud, I said to him as quietly as possible " Stop it Peter, you're being a brat"
    He let out the sort of screaming howl you would expect from someone who had just been slapped, the sort of howl that had parents turning to look at us within a radius of 100yds and pointing at me wailed "HE CALLED ME THE B WORD"
    There was a collective sharp intake of breath all round me and much tutting.
    I was reduced to looking at people saying "I didn't... I didn't... I said brat honestly!"

Heh.....

Sounds like that child gets his way often and is in need of some boundary settings. Have you got super nanny's number?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    This still is quite funny to me:-

My five year old had all of his privileges taken away for naughty behaviour. A few days in he sighed, "oh mummy, I just want my life back" in the most dramatic voice possible. I had to go in another room to laugh!
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Heh.....

Sounds like that child gets his way often and is in need of some boundary settings. Have you got super nanny's number?

He is a strapping 19 year old now and turned out a lovely lad in the end,
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    When my younger brother started play school my Mum picked him up and asked how his first day was
    "I had a Smack!..."
    Unsurprisingly my mum was ready to storm in and demand what had happened when luckily my brother continued "yes milk and a biscuit"
  • Options
    mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    My son told a checkout operator that I wear my knickers up my bum and don't have a lot of hair down there ...... I wanted to die.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohhh I need to wheel the 'deer' story out.

When my daughter was about 4 we stayed in a cottage in Scotland that had a hunting/fishing lodge with it. When I took her there she looked at the large deer head on the wall in awe.
    She then persisted in asking to go into the small kitchen that ran behind the main room, when taken in there she was genuinely bemused as to where the deers bottom was.

Bless
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son told a checkout operator that I wear my knickers up my bum and don't have a lot of hair down there ...... I wanted to die.

PMSL. Best one yet!!!!
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when my son was about 4 he was asked by the health visitor to draw a balloon. After he drew it she said to him that it didn't look like a balloon and his quick reply was "that's because it's burst!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are a few pearls from my oldest son. They revolve around his (then newborn) little brother.
    We were in a Pizza Express having a meal one evening. The waitress was being very polite as standard and was asking my son about his new brother. My son was 6 at the time.

Waitress: "Do you help your mummy feed your brother?"
    Son: "No, because I don't have breasts." Waitress turned as red as pizza sauce and just cleared the dishes.

Son: "Why is the baby smiling in his sleep?"
    Me: "Oh he must be dreaming about something he really likes."
    Son: "He must be dreaming about breasts then."
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I've told this one before:

Told an indian doctor when I was little that I didn't like indians. She had long plaits over her ears like native americans do. Being a cowboy film obsessed child I thought she was a native american and was going to scalp me! My Mum has never lived that one down.

A few weeks ago I was talking to my next door neighbour. Her 3 year old son came out of the house looking upset, she asked him what was wrong. He siad "ooo dat futting dog! He pushed me over!" Glad he couldn't say his K's properly. Neighbours face was a picture. Who knows where he heard that language :)
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youngest son aged 6 at school to headmaster "Sir is your middle name really tosser" I went brilliant red, he'd obviously overheard me saying it to someone.
  • Options
    Jimmy the GentJimmy the Gent Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my son was about four and he was 'helping' me as I carried out some repairs on the garden shed - and I stabbed my finger with a screwdriver.

He ran into the house where my wife was entertaining some of the other mothers from the school.

"Mummy, mummy," he said, tugging on her blouse as she was in the middle of a conversation.

"Mummy, mummy, mummy," he continued as she asked him to wait.

She finished what she was saying and turned to him to ask, "Yes dear - what is it?"

"Daddy said f****** bollocks."
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my son was about four and he was 'helping' me as I carried out some repairs on the garden shed - and I stabbed my finger with a screwdriver.

He ran into the house where my wife was entertaining some of the other mothers from the school.

"Mummy, mummy," he said, tugging on her blouse as she was in the middle of a conversation.

"Mummy, mummy, mummy," he continued as she asked him to wait.

She finished what she was saying and turned to him to ask, "Yes dear - what is it?"

"Daddy said f****** bollocks."

Hahahahahaha so funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    My ex flatmate's wee brother was 7 last year. During the summer holidays they were having some work done on the house, the workmen were in the garden cutting up worktops etc. and had the saws going, as well as a radio playing music. The 7 year old storms down the garden path, stands with his hands on his hips and shouts "Hey, workmen, for goodness sake I can't hear myself think".

One of my step sister's daughter was around 6 or 7 and hated school. She was a bit of a spooilt brat to be honest, always trying to get her own way and going into a tantrum if she didn't. Her mum was taking her to school and she had been promised a chocolate bar if she behaved and went to school, but her mum had forgotten her purse when they got to the shop. So the mum said sorry, but we'll get you one after school and proceeded to lead her daughter across the road to school. The daughter was having none of it and went into a tantrum shouting "No mummy, no, don't hit me again mummy". (For the record, mummy had never hit her daughters, she was one of those who didn't believe in even a smack, but I'll bet she felt like it then).