Options

Which DVD are you most eagerly awaiting

..or wishing for if it's not planned yet?

As usual i'll be entirely predictable with my choices :)
  • Star Wars (all of them, including the slightly dodgy Episode 1) - all anamorphic with making-of featurettes, character profiles and, hopefully, some storyboards, please Mr Lucas.
  • Galaxy Quest - Really enjoyed this tounge-in-cheek fun poke at Star Trek. Nothing to do with Sigourney Weaver's costume becoming more hazardous with every frame!

Comments

• Options
    Jose CardosoJose Cardoso Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go with those and also with these for the moment...

Gladiator
    X-Men
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Indiana Jones and Back to the Future spring immediately to mind
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't manage to catch Gladiator - is it as good as it's reviews suggested?
    X-men, I have to admit to being a little disappointed with this film unfortunately. The script dragged too much on introducing the characters and releyed on a LOT of small world syndrome (ie all the characters JUST happening to be in the same place at the same time). Wolverine was ace and Famke Janssen inspires spectacularly dirty thoughts - ooer shouldnt admit to this! It does seem like they were pitching to establish a francise. Just hope they do better with the Spidey film - if they screw that up I'll never forgive 'em ;)
    On a slightly different angle, do you agree that DVD's are a far more satisfying purchase than a VHS tape? Not sure why, possibly because of the packaging and extras etc
    Similar to buying an album which seemed a much more exciting purchase than buying a CD for some reason. Maybe it's just me!
  • Options
    Jose CardosoJose Cardoso Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Gizmo
    Didn't manage to catch Gladiator - is it as good as it's reviews suggested?

I'd say so. I enjoyed the film thoroughly but then I am a Ridley Scott fan.
    On a slightly different angle, do you agree that DVD's are a far more satisfying purchase than a VHS tape?

Yup. I haven't bought a VHS release (well maybe one or two tapes) in around 3 years. All of my movie purchases have been DVD's with the majority being Region 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, a Back to the Future 3-disc special would be cool. Just think of all the extra features that they could probably add in.
    Mind u, that will be another set of VHS tapes in the bin/car boot sale!
    Is Apollo 13 out on DVD yet? This is another disc where a lot of background info/historical footage would add considerably to the film itself. And another! tape in the bin!
    The movie studios are doing well out of me these days with cinema admissions, rental, sell-thru and then re-purchase on DVD! 4 sales from one film in some cases - good marketing if nothing else.
    Makes me wonder how manyVHS sell-thru tapes you have all junked to upgrade so far. It's hard to resist when its an all-time favourite or classic, isn't it! I'm trying hard to resist ID4 and T2 but I think my Wife's iron-grip on the household budget is far, far stronger than my will-power :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    The Back to the Future Trilogy has been "nearly here" for years. One of the problems is legal clearance for the extras. They want to put in footage of the original Marty - Eric Stoltz but no one can agree

Apollo 13 is out in R2 and also R1 has had a DTS release and a DD5.1 version. The DD version has a great documentary - one to buy the R1 version I'm afraid
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Anything from Mr Lucas that vaguely resembles Star Wars.