Moffat Talks Regeneration Limit

1235»

Comments

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    I have to say that's a good call as well. Could this be what Moffat meant when he said "go back and check your dvd's, there's something you've all missed." if this is indeed the case, brilliant..

Wasn't the comment that regeneration was disabled, rather than not possible? I remember thinking it sounded like a computer prompt at the time.

That's obviously a much weaker comment.
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Wasn't the comment that regeneration was disabled, rather than not possible? I remember thinking it sounded like a computer prompt at the time.

That's obviously a much weaker comment.
    I think you're right on that, actually TEDR.
    When Let's Kill Hitler was first broadcast, When Matt said "better regenerate, then." then the TARDIS hologram of Amelia said (as you I think correctly point out) "regeneration disabled", I sort of remember thinking, "How can regeneration be just turned off?"
    Now that this has been mentioned again tonight, I've just thought of the Master in Last of the Time Lords when he refused to regenerate. So I think you are right, TEDR.

Then again, it was a Moffat episode, you never know what he's thinking.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then again, it was a Moffat episode, you never know what he's thinking.

It could easily have been: the limit of twelve is a law imposed by the Time Lords; it is enforced by Tardises. Tardises are supposed to be like Time Lord police, which is partly why the Doctor's felt the need to grab a Time Lord and run away as per her statements in The Doctor's Wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I have to say that's a good call as well. Could this be what Moffat meant when he said "go back and check your dvd's, there's something you've all missed." if this is indeed the case, brilliant.

I kept thinking for a while it might be Metacrisis Ten, but as Ten's TARDIS is in the special, I think that can be ruled out now.

Didn't 10 leave Metacrisis 10 with a piece of TARDIS Coral that could presumably (with a long time) grow into a TARDIS? Perhaps something to do with the 50th accelerated this process? Who knows ^^
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Didn't 10 leave Metacrisis 10 with a piece of TARDIS Coral that could presumably (with a long time) grow into a TARDIS? Perhaps something to do with the 50th accelerated this process? Who knows ^^

No. Not in the finished product. It was left out of the episode as it was broadcast, so isn't definite. It ess intended, but never screened - regardless of whether or not it was filmed, and included as an extra.