Options

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    Robin DaviesRobin Davies Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Cunk's Moments of Wonder was a bit below its usual excellent standard this week, but she was on top form in the Guardian:
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jan/28/philomena-clunk-favourite-tv
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    But doesn't Charlie Brooker write her material (and Barry Shitpeas' material too)?
    that does not mean she cant have her own show, just Charlie would have to write it.

Personally i want a spin-off You Tube account, for the vlogger.
  • Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaloAlto wrote: »
    Think it was a general parody of vloggers seemingly needing to make a comment/'wacky' video on any topic that is of interest, believing their opinion is of vital importance. Despite this they often get lost in topics above their head and their 'serious' vlogs are juxtaposed with ones about inane things like, in this case, new kit kats and doctor who

I thought it was good

Oh OK, it's just I thought it might possibly be a piss-take of charlieissocoollike
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why wasn't the Charlie Hebdo cover shown?
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the BBC wont let them
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    the BBC wont let them

Yes the BBC will, and has done, saw this covered a week or two back on BBC Newswatch.
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jan/09/bbc-revises-muhammad-ban-bbc1-news-bulletin-features-charlie-hebdo-cover

Some how the honking great gag wearing size 12's went unnoticed by some people.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fraxis wrote: »
    I reckon 2015 could be the breakout year for Cunck. I hear she's pitching a number of shows to broadcasters:

Cunck on Funk: BBC Four musical theme night, including Cunck in session with George Clinton and Nile Rogers.
    Cunck's Hunks: ITV3's answer to Britain's Next Top Model. Philomena's on the hunt to find a macho male.
    Cunck with Monks: BBC Two. In conversation with Trapist monks. She may not have thought this one through.
    Cunck on Munch: Sky Arts 2. At look at the days of art before Snapchat with a profile of the man who also worked on the Scream movie franchise.
    Cunck with a trunk: National Geographic. Philomena's explores genetic hybrids by volunteering for a controversial breeding experiment to boost the endangered elephant population.
    She's also pitching a show to Channel 5 about bodily fluids, but is struggling to think of a title...
    Wouldn't usually bother commenting on typos or spelling etc. but if you're going to goto that much effort then you may as well get the name right.

Unless it's part of the joke?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Josie Long is an incredibly good stand up.
    Well she did her best to ruin Cats Does Countdown last night. Although the others helped.
    Obiligitory comedy is subjective note.
  • Options
    KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Last year

He has asked for the comments section in The Gaurdian to be closed.

His colum in The Gaurdian, when he said he had a child of his own was that the only way anyone could feel true love, was one of the most offensive things I've read.

Anyone who has a mum, dad, friend who was fostered or adopted by a family can feel love.
    Also anyone who loves people
  • Options
    AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I miss Doug Stanhope but it is still good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year

He has asked for the comments section in The Gaurdian to be closed.

His colum in The Gaurdian, when he said he had a child of his own was that the only way anyone could feel true love, was one of the most offensive things I've read.

Anyone who has a mum, dad, friend who was fostered or adopted by a family can feel love.
    Also anyone who loves people

This has nothing do to with the content of the program, why mention it? It isn't relevant. Your personal issue with someone else's emotional sensitivity compared to yours has nothing to do with this show.

For someone banging on about love, you might want to forgive and forget on this one, your views are not a state mandate we must all abide by. His column, his opinion to proffer.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great start to the series. "Government Sontaran Eric Pickles...." Love Cunk. And the idea of Charlie trying desperately not to show the cartoon was very well done. Not bad acting there, Charlton. Good timing when he knocked the phone off the desk. :D
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cunk "interview" was embarrassing. 2nd rate Ali G. The interviewee knew the questions were deliberately idiotic and wasn't playing along. Just embarrassing and a total fail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »
    The Cunk "interview" was embarrassing. 2nd rate Ali G. The interviewee knew the questions were deliberately idiotic and wasn't playing along. Just embarrassing and a total fail.
    This is going to be her third series playing the character, I'd say she's been successful with it compared to Limmy's short run on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pianoforte wrote: »

I don't find the spoof interview very funny, feels like mocking the afflicted most of the time, I've found Morgan's wide eyed act on this, thin since the beginning.
    This sort of thing can still be amusing when the 'victim' cottons on and plays along, you can usually 'see' the cogs turning as they come up with a suitable response as happened this week.

Dead ringers and it's spoof phone calls, for example can get a huge response audience when the 'victims' play along, Tom Baker getting a spoof phone call from Jon Culshaw/Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor and playing along is very amusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This has nothing do to with the content of the program, why mention it? It isn't relevant. Your personal issue with someone else's emotional sensitivity compared to yours has nothing to do with this show.

For someone banging on about love, you might want to forgive and forget on this one, your views are not a state mandate we must all abide by. His column, his opinion to proffer.[/QUOTE/]

I'm "not banging on" about anything. My reasons, why I'm disappointed in the show, is Charlie has said himself that he is now part of the media set which he slated in the past. If you read his Column you will realise this. He's lauging at you. Not with you
  • Options
    Forum Member

For someone banging on about love, you might want to forgive and forget on this one, your views are not a state mandate we must all abide by. His column, his opinion to proffer.
    I'm "not banging on" about anything. My reasons, why I'm disappointed in the show, is Charlie has said himself that he is now part of the media set which he slated in the past. If you read his Column you will realise this. He's lauging at you. Not with you

Yes, I'm sure you're disappointed, watch something else and don't bother posting about this if it's that much of a disappointment.
    Edit: not that your first post was buggerall to do with the program.
    I think you're just trying to justify posting on this thread at all.

OFFS this again, he stopped doing Screenburn in the Guardian about 5 years ago, this is OLD NEWS, give it a rest.
    If you had half a sodding clue, you'd know that Charlie likes a broad spectrum of TV, he enjoys his fair share of relatively pointless entertainment, just like the rest of us.

It's the Charlie messiah, Charlie the great sage 'mob' who don't seem to get it.
    Along with those who think anyone who watches him thinks he's a great sage and we all hang on his every word as if it's a matter of great pith and moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm sure you're disappointed, watch something else and don't bother posting about this if it's that much of a disappointment.
    Edit: not that your first post was buggerall to do with the program.
    I think you're just trying to justify posting on this thread at all.

OFFS this again, he stopped doing Screenburn in the Guardian about 5 years ago, this is OLD NEWS, give it a rest.
    If you had half a sodding clue, you'd know that Charlie likes a broad spectrum of TV, he enjoys his fair share of relatively pointless entertainment, just like the rest of us.

It's the Charlie messiah, Charlie the great sage 'mob' who don't seem to get it.
    Along with those who think anyone who watches him thinks he's a great sage and we all hang on his every word as if it's a matter of great pith and moment.

Why are you posting though, you have no coherent clever response, but a pointless argument defending nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    delated
  • Options
    Bobbity-booBobbity-boo Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm delated, too.
  • Options
    MontyzumaMontyzuma Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    When will people realise that this is not the Pointless thread.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booker has a regular column in the Guardian NOW.
    He's definitely part of the "media set". He's married and has two children. Hardly "edgy" or radical :p or even "angry". Just a middle-class, middle-aged company director / writer living a nice, comfortable suburban life.

As for Cunck and the Youtube sketch - they were definitely mocking the audience (both TV and Youtube), not satirising the situation. Maybe some people need a special DOG in the corner of the screen to show when they're having the mick' taken? Subtlety doesn't seem to work.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should he? It's a scurrilous left-wing rag that does its best to be offensive to everyone and everything, and shouldn't be accorded sainthood just because of the dreadful shootings.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just watching it now on Iplayer. The Youtube video was a very good spoof, but was more annoying than funny possibly because it was so accurate :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    Booker has a regular column in the Guardian NOW.
    He's definitely part of the "media set". He's married and has two children. Hardly "edgy" or radical :p or even "angry". Just a middle-class, middle-aged company director / writer living a nice, comfortable suburban life.
    <snip>

The comment was in reference to him no longer writing Screenburn, that is why it's in my post.
    Hey ho, seems like every Charlie Brooker related thread has to go over this ground again and again.