Options

last Tango in Halifax tonight BBC 1 at 9 pm.

Comments

• Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still betting that Caroline will end up in bed with her step-brother's wife by the end of the final episode :p
  • Options
    aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    The never did DNA tests did they

When Gary introduced himself didn't he refer to being told that his father was 'that Buttershaw man' or something similar ? Was it actually said that it was Alan, and not his brother Ted ? Maybe they both had a fling with her.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    aero63 wrote: »
    When Gary introduced himself didn't he refer to being told that his father was 'that Buttershaw man' or something similar ? Was it actually said that it was Alan, and not his brother Ted ? Maybe they both had a fling with her.

I'm sure he did.

re caroline - she said this week she likes girls and always has, there's no way she's going to end up with a man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that Kate's 'ghost' (I know it's not her ghost but that's what I'm calling it) repeatedly popping up really annoys me. I could put up with it for one episode but when she popped up this week it did spoil it a bit for me a bit but thankfully it was only for one scene!

Other than that I'm still enjoying this cracking series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview with the lovely Nicola Walker :) She's says she would come back for a fourth series.

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/tv-news/news/last-tangos-nicola-walker-gillian-cant-get-married-because-of-this-awful-secret

Twelve lines of dialogue from the episode:

http://insidemediatrack.com/2015/01/last-tango-halifax-series-3-finale-12-dialogue-teasers/

“Who thought I was shagging Greg?”

lol ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Shevk wrote: »

Thanks for posting :)
    I fear the question about the dress is a rhetorical question? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps it will be our cliffhanger ending :D
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the Cheese man called?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie :)
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the way John never really finishes his sentences and the way Alan never knows when his mobile is ringing.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the press aren't always as bothered about verifying their stories as they should be, but I can't believe that paper would have run the two-page spread on millionaire Gary's new-found Dad without at least contacting Alan for a quote, even if only to pad the story out a bit more.

Unless they were deliberately pitching it as a scandal and didn't want him to get wind of it first to prove it already untrue before it had a chance to make it into print, I don't think there's a way in the world that Alan wouldn't have known that Gary had talked to the press before that article was published.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The press would have wanted Alan's reaction to the news he had a unknown son.

The article is to be the trigger for Alan losing his rag with Gary over his antics but I would have thought he could have just exploded over something smaller.

After last week's teaser and the interview with Nicola Walker I am really looking forward to tonight's finale :)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight is the last one? Oh no, I shall miss it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I know the press aren't always as bothered about verifying their stories as they should be, but I can't believe that paper would have run the two-page spread on millionaire Gary's new-found Dad without at least contacting Alan for a quote, even if only to pad the story out a bit more.

Unless they were deliberately pitching it as a scandal and didn't want him to get wind of it first to prove it already untrue before it had a chance to make it into print, I don't think there's a way in the world that Alan wouldn't have known that Gary had talked to the press before that article was published.

Could be that Gary knows the owner of the paper/reporter and called in a favour. Or he is a major advertiser and they want to keep him sweet.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lainey23 wrote: »
    Could be that Gary knows the owner of the paper/reporter and called in a favour. Or he is a major advertiser and they want to keep him sweet.

Now that is likely :)
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miaviv wrote: »
    Love the way John never really finishes his sentences ...

I really like John as a tragi-comic character, now.

Initially - in the first series - I found him irksome and just wanted him to sling his hook for good.

Gradually, though, the subtlety of his character has come through; not an evil person, not even particularly bad, you realise that he does care about other people; he just doesn't have a clue about how his words and actions will affect them.

Another actor to add to the list of those who have been hugely impressive in these series. Remembering also, of course, to credit the writing which gives them such excellent material to work with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One hour. Think tonight is going to be the Nicola Walker masterclass in acting :)
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe its the last one already tonight! :( This third series hasn't quite hit the heights of the first two for me but its still a highly enjoyable, quality drama. I wonder how many 'loose ends' will be tied up, (or not). Theoretically there's a lot to get through! Hope its a good one.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to record tonights show for two reasons.

One (and for this I apologise) but it clashes with CBB. Two....I never normally post on here whilst the show is on anyway because I dont like to miss anything on screen (which is rare for me as I normally like to post whilst a show is on). I find I like to focus 100% on the show and then read the thread later.

So, for that reason, I wont read this thread until tomorrow once I've caught up but I hope its a good one :)
  • Options
    prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,096
    Forum Member
    I *knew* Gary would turn out to be a tosser, have enjoyed being proved right. :D
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is SO funny !
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh shit. :D:D:D:D:D Brilliant.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525