Roman Holiday (1953)

pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
Forum Member
✭✭
Has always been one of my favorite ever films, and I recently had the great pleasure of being able to watch it on the big screen when it was shown at The Everyman cinema in London as a special 50th anniversary screening. I never thought i'd ever get to see it in a cinema and it was such a great experience.

Cant believe this film is 50 years old. I first saw it just 10 years ago and fell in love with it straight away. Its the most beautiful love story and Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress of all time. I loved it so much the first time I saw it I booked a trip to Italy and visited all the scenes from the film.

Any other fans of the film ?

Comments

• Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    For some reason, I've never seen the whole film, only the last quarter or so. However, it looks charming and must be great on the big screen.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romance at its very best.

Gregory Peck was my mother's favourite actor and I can see why.

Nobody took his place.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very enjoyable movie and Audrey Hepburn is always a delight.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Has always been one of my favorite ever films, and I recently had the great pleasure of being able to watch it on the big screen when it was shown at The Everyman cinema in London as a special 50th anniversary screening. I never thought i'd ever get to see it in a cinema and it was such a great experience.

Cant believe this film is 50 years old. I first saw it just 10 years ago and fell in love with it straight away. Its the most beautiful love story and Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress of all time. I loved it so much the first time I saw it I booked a trip to Italy and visited all the scenes from the film.

Any other fans of the film ?

I can't believe that it is 50 years old either, that is because it is 60 years old. ;)
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that it is 50 years old either, that is because it is 60 years old. ;)

Oops, yep thats my mistake - must have been tired last night haha !
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    A Star is Born - Audrey Hepburn.:cool:

Love RH
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    A Star is Born - Audrey Hepburn.:cool:

Love RH

Every time I watch her I end up with tears in my eyes.

A truly beautiful person inside and out.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Every time I watch her I end up with tears in my eyes.

A truly beautiful person inside and out.
    Totally agree - that simply acceptance speech, gets me every time.

And regards Roman Holiday - right at the end, when Ann meets the press...gets me too.

:cool: