P!nk 7th Studio Album

jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
Forum Member
✭✭✭
P!nk has tweeted a picture of her in the studio which no doubt means album #7 is in the works and will be released this year. So, like i have done with Britney, created a thread for people to post thoughts/feelings/hopes for the new album

Confirmed/Registered Tracks
Casualty | Alecia Moore, Greg Kurstin & Sia Furler
Exit Strategy | Alecia Moore & Daniel Wilson
Today’s the Day | Alecia Moore & Greg Kurstin
Stage Diver | I. Everitt & S. Everitt
We Could Have It All | Alecia Moore, Beck Hansen & Greg Kurstin
Where We Go | Alecia Moore & Greg Kurstin
LOVE ME ANYWAYS | DOUGLAS TOM, MOORE ALECIA B & SHAMBLIN ALLEN
RECOVERING | DOUGLAS TOM, MOORE ALECIA & SHAMBLIN ALLEN

im just so excited for new music to p!nk. it looks like shes working with new people as well so hopefully we'll get a new fresh sound from her :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this. You can't beat a bit of Pink.

Saying that, this year sounds like it's going to be a good year for music.

Pink
    Christina Aguilera
    Britney Spears
    Kylie
    Katy Perry
    Lady Gaga
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh lovely. Welcome back Pink.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad to hear she is back in the studio! I'm in two minds about new music from her, on one hand I loved the last two albums, especially TTAL so I don't mind if it's a similar sound, but on the other it would be refreshing to hear her to change styles slightly. Either way I'm happy to see what she comes back with :-)
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try is still one of my most played tracks. I need another Try Alecia.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    I'm so glad to hear she is back in the studio! I'm in two minds about new music from her, on one hand I loved the last two albums, especially TTAL so I don't mind if it's a similar sound, but on the other it would be refreshing to hear her to change styles slightly. Either way I'm happy to see what she comes back with :-)

its looking promising shes gunna try different sounds because, apart from Greg Kurstin, I don't think shes worked with the other producers in that list before
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see how this goes. I'm a big Pink fan but I really disliked her last album with the exception of Try which is an absolute gem. The rest of it felt like a step backwards for me - or at least, it was too much in your face for my tastes.

I wonder if she'll try any new sounds. She's one of the few artists of her generation (Britney, Christina, Kelis etc.) who's managed to completely dodge any electronic/EDM elements in her music, by releasing just when a trend is ending. I quite like that as it never seems like she's chasing a trend just a little too late like some pop artists can come off as.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to hear what her new album is like! I love Pink and have all her other albums. Mizzundazstood, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse are my fave albums of hers but they're all really good. Well, I'm not as crazy about her debut album but it has it's moments, I guess! :)
  • Lee_HallLee_Hall Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    If you're looking for a change of style you could check out the stuff she did as rose ave, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYqdmtRSlI then again you probably know. I loved that album.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this album is better than the truth about love. I disliked that album very much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought i'd bump this thread seeing as DS posted this today :Dhttp://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a790638/pinks-new-album-2016-release-date-songs-tour-dates-credits-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know/

Its weird because when it was announced at the weekend she was pregnant with her second child, I thought well that rules out a new album next year. But now I'm actually confident we will get a new album this year. She looks far on so think shes due in the next couple of months and yesterday it was announced shes performing at Marcus Amphitheater Summerfest on 2nd July 2017 which would be a perfect time for a new single and album in Sep/Oct

Anyone else excited :D Been 4 years already since The Truth About Love :o
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It speaks to the quality of her songs and her star power that I feel like she's barely been away. A great, consistent artist. I look forward to this album!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    for a pop artist she is a consistent good album producer - all credit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Pink with baby 2
    Doesn't bother me if we have to wait a little longer for the new album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Pink with baby 2
    Doesn't bother me if we have to wait a little longer for the new album

urgh kind of wish I could say the same thing lol [obviously I'm happy for her and Carey and wish them the best of luck! :D]. Its just been so long since Truth About Love, especially as the whole you+me folk thing wasn't my cup of tea at all. I must admit when I read she was pregnant, obviously again very happy for her and Carey but I did think aw that rules out next year completely. But when I saw the photos of her, its obvious shes late on in her pregnancy and then when I read about the July gig, now I'm confident we'll get a new album next year. She's probably gunna debut her new single at the July gig then release the new album September/October next year
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for a pop artist she is a consistent good album producer - all credit

This exactly, I very rarely listen to pop music nowadays, but do love P!nk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish pink would give us info on whats going on. I really miss her now :'(
  • Mrs_KrayMrs_Kray Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I hope the new album has a bit more bite to it, The Truth About Love felt very watered down. Compare it to Missundaztood which is such a beautifully raw, honest album. She's capable of such wonderful, heartfelt songwriting. I love her but starting with Funhouse it just felt like she was repeating herself and becoming more and more dumbed down. I want angry P!nk back. Either way I'm still determined to catch her live next time she's touring in the UK and even if the new album is the same old same old it will still have one or two gems (Try and Walk of Shame from Truth are fab)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs_Kray wrote: »
    I hope the new album has a bit more bite to it, The Truth About Love felt very watered down. Compare it to Missundaztood which is such a beautifully raw, honest album. She's capable of such wonderful, heartfelt songwriting. I love her but starting with Funhouse it just felt like she was repeating herself and becoming more and more dumbed down. I want angry P!nk back. Either way I'm still determined to catch her live next time she's touring in the UK and even if the new album is the same old same old it will still have one or two gems (Try and Walk of Shame from Truth are fab)

I have to agree, I'm Not Dead hooked me, Funhouse bored me. She has become increasingly reptative and in certain aspects a self parody. I can understand when a sound or persona is commercially viable it's hard to step away from that. But for me an artist shines when they experiment and grow, P!nk for me hasn't done that since 2006. So I'm hoping to hear more interesting stuff from her.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Just as long as Pink doesn't sell her soul to Tropical House I'll be happy.

Also agree about Try, an excellent track from the last album. That said, I also had a soft spot for Just Give Me A Reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish pink would give us info on whats going on. I really miss her now :'(

Maybe she has no information to share because she is spending time with her newborn baby.
  • evkylemeatsixevkylemeatsix Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    The track Recovering which she wrote for Celine is amazing
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pink.

One of the things that she's always been good at doing is releasing in between big movements in the soundscape.

By releasing in 2008 and 2012 for her last two albums she managed to completely dodge dubstep, electroclash pop, and the R&B-lite and EDM sounds that basically all of her contemporaries - Christina, Britney, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Gaga of course - found themselves having to incorporate into their music because that was 'the sound' everybody wanted.

Pink is playing it well. Taylor Swift will probably release this summer, which will be more pure country-inspired pop, and Pink can then ride her coat-tails with her album release. More pop rock/pop music, but it'll sound fresh.

Whereas if she released another album of her usual sound in the middle of electronic music being popular, it might go down like a lead balloon - or at least, it wouldn't seem fresh, new, and exciting, which is what you need to do well in pop and get #1 singles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she has no information to share because she is spending time with her newborn baby.

But apparently she started working on it in 2015 and spent most of 2016 working on it and it was originally planned to be released at the end of last year but she got pregnant. Obviously I do understand completely that she'll be at home right now nursing and taking care of the wee one, I just wish that she would update us, even if it was just a 'new album is in the works but wont be finished/released for a while'. Mind you, there is a little bit of hope as shes book to do a summer festival on 2nd July so I'm hoping that means we'll get new music around that time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink has just announced her new single on instagram :smile:https://www.instagram.com/p/BW39I38lopv/?taken-by=pink
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I hope this album is better than the truth about love. I disliked that album very much.

It had a lot of crap filler songs. One of those albums where the singles are good and that's it.