Nelly Furtado - Say It Right

2»

Comments

• Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adored Say It Right when it was released but I overdid it at the time and for some reason could never really warm to it again :blush: There were so many incredible singles released from Loose though, weird to think it's ten years ago, and Nelly Furtado is basically irrelevant now :(
  • joshua321joshua321 Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always hated this song and it perfectly encapsulated her selling out to dull over-sexualised mediocrity as opposed to something vaguely original that she captured earlier.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joshua321 wrote: »
    Always hated this song and it perfectly encapsulated her selling out to dull over-sexualised mediocrity as opposed to something vaguely original that she captured earlier.

I hate this argument, I loathe it. She basically for maneater put on a white tank top and some make up, not quite Christina and Dirrty.

As for Loose it was what she always did, she used different musical elements and put her own spin on them. Loose had her traditional latin leanings and put a pop spin on them. Overall the album probably ranks as her strongest thanks in large part to the magic her and Timberland had. It really isn't vastly different to her earlier works apart from this time it was pop. WN was world, Folklore folk, and Loose pop she continually experiments and evolves why I love her.

Anyway rant done.
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adored Say It Right when it was released but I overdid it at the time and for some reason could never really warm to it again :blush: There were so many incredible singles released from Loose though, weird to think it's ten years ago, and Nelly Furtado is basically irrelevant now :(

same here, though I preferred Promiscuous much more. And I still love that one.

All the Loose singles are OK for me, the worst Nelly single imho will always be Powerless, I hate that with a passion :D
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great tune, it's a shame it only got to no.10 here, that should of been a no.1 like it was in the US.

Well, I think nearly everything that Timberland released in 2006/7 got to no.1 over there and to an extent here :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Great tune, it's a shame it only got to no.10 here, that should of been a no.1 like it was in the US.

Well, I think nearly everything that Timberland released in 2006/7 got to no.1 over there and to an extent here :D

It was released as a download only, in fact I believe it was the first DL only osng to go top 10. Had it had a physical it most probably would have gone top 3 or higher.
  • joshua321joshua321 Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I hate this argument, I loathe it. She basically for maneater put on a white tank top and some make up, not quite Christina and Dirrty.

As for Loose it was what she always did, she used different musical elements and put her own spin on them. Loose had her traditional latin leanings and put a pop spin on them. Overall the album probably ranks as her strongest thanks in large part to the magic her and Timberland had. It really isn't vastly different to her earlier works apart from this time it was pop. WN was world, Folklore folk, and Loose pop she continually experiments and evolves why I love her.

Anyway rant done.

Still a terrible and dull song. And she said herself that she was rejected feminism because she decided it was silly and that she liked men, or something similarly asinine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joshua321 wrote: »
    Still a terrible and dull song. And she said herself that she was rejected feminism because she decided it was silly and that she liked men, or something similarly asinine.

Actually I disagree,which id the beauty of opinion. And I don't think I ever heard her say anything about that at all. And tbh have you listened to the album it's far from overtly sexualised. Alot of it deals with breakup from her daughters father including Say it Right so I don't know where you got over sexualised from. As far as pop music with a twist goes it still ranks as one of the best.