Heart Stations

Comments

• Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Graham leaving Heart North East weekends. http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/06/real-radios-sarah-carter-joins-bbc-tees/

Any ideas when she leaves? she's still listed to be on this weekend
  • bahhhhbahhhh Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Really? Margherita Taylor is one of top female DJs around. Things do happen and they are not amateurs. They run the studios on there own and probably takes a few minutes for technical help to arrive. Welcome to the computer age of Radio.

Never used to happen much with the old days with vinyl and carts

Never actually said they WERE amateurs i said they 'come across as':p
    and if the female DJ is one of the top ones around - i hope i don't have to suffer the worst! - she really does need to calm down a bit - not Kate Garraway level but a little less radio 1;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd person guessed on who's on heart it is either Gethin Jones or Ben Miller
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Ben Miller! Well done Rihana! She's won £20,000 by correctly guessing a second celebrity on MTs show. ;/)
  • Declan_McGrath1Declan_McGrath1 Posts: 7,299
    Forum Member
    Just came across some old taped recordings of Vibe Nation with Haword Richie dose anybody remember that show which broadcast across the ex 33 GWR stations it was a fab show which then changed to Ministry of Sound which ran till 2006.
  • CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Just came across some old taped recordings of Vibe Nation with Haword Richie dose anybody remember that show which broadcast across the ex 33 GWR stations it was a fab show which then changed to Ministry of Sound which ran till 2006.

Any chance of posting these somewhere? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member

Was it not called Ministry of Sound or Party Saturday Night? - Anyway, his producer was a guy called Toby D'olier (I think) who worked in radio 'till recently for Global. There was a Youtube account of a guy called Ron Bergerson (or something similar), which had two videos of the show in action from GWR in Bristol. Unfortunately these were removed about 2 years ago. I know there is a recording of it from 2Ten FM in 2006 on Soundcloud.

Anyways, 'twas a good show. Similar to Dave Pearce Anthems now, but with a bit of personality and banter from Howard. There were lots of live callers. Of course, Howard is now the S+P voice of Capital.
    Forum Member
    gavindowd wrote: »
    Was it not called Ministry of Sound or Party Saturday Night? - Anyway, his producer was a guy called Toby D'olier (I think) who worked in radio 'till recently for Global. There was a Youtube account of a guy called Ron Bergerson (or something similar), which had two videos of the show in action from GWR in Bristol. Unfortunately these were removed about 2 years ago. I know there is a recording of it from 2Ten FM in 2006 on Soundcloud.

Anyways, 'twas a good show. Similar to Dave Pearce Anthems now, but with a bit of personality and banter from Howard. There were lots of live callers. Of course, Howard is now the S+P voice of Capital.

Yes it was changed from Ministry Of Sound to Party Friday and Party Saturday, and yes I have listened to the recording on Soundcloud maybe one day it may return and at least it was live and not pre recorded.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    It was Ben Miller! Well done Rihana! She's won £20,000 by correctly guessing a second celebrity on MTs show. ;/)

Blimey man, you are sounding more like a Global spokesman by the day, that could actually have been read out on air word for word.
    Forum Member
    CS73 wrote: »
    Any chance of posting these somewhere? :)

I think their are some on youtube but l have to look. But let me tell it was one of the best shows ever.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah Ben Miller... Who?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie Nicks is the first saying "who's"

Ben Miller is the second saying "on"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Ben Miller... Who?!

You know...starred in Primevil, also the voice of PG Tips monkey!
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know...starred in Primevil, also the voice of PG Tips monkey!

Death in Paradise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Death in Paradise

Also Jonny English.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Jonny English.

Pretty sure he was also in The Armstrong and Miller Show which ran on BBC One from 2007 to 2010
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Played JK and Lucy from yesterday and its fine

Can you listen again from the heart website as I can't find any links or do you have to go to radio player or something ? Thanks
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    National news again at 3pm....
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    National news again at 3pm....

Maybe because of the Rolf verdict?
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »
    Maybe because of the Rolf verdict?

Quite possible....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Pretty sure he was also in The Armstrong and Miller Show which ran on BBC One from 2007 to 2010

Correct.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Can you listen again from the heart website as I can't find any links or do you have to go to radio player or something ? Thanks

I just use this http://www.heart.co.uk/london/on-air/player/ and click listen again
    Forum Member
    Technical Problem on Heart North Wales Coast this morning at 5.55am the ads crashed into a song and also leading up to the news then we had heart London for 1 minute, dose anybody else get that at their Heart local radio station.?
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Technical Problem on Heart North Wales Coast this morning at 5.55am the ads crashed into a song and also leading up to the news then we had heart London for 1 minute, dose anybody else get that at their Heart local radio station.?

Sad to say nearly everyone and QUITE often
    Scroll up the thread
    SMOOTH is as bad if not worse .....😢
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Sad to say nearly everyone and QUITE often
    Scroll up the thread
    SMOOTH is as bad if not worse .....😢

Yes I've heard that it happens to smooth radio quite a lot.