Options

~ | Caroline Flack & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread | ~

Comments

• Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean.......................hoping costumes and the right song, along with Pasha's choreography, will do the trick (or treat!!).

Those screencaps are brillliant as usual KA. Listening Pasha (No. 21) :):):)

BIB agreed :)
    Strangely, I found myself lingering over no. 21 GG! :cool:

Someone on the MF has suggested their song might be Staying Alive, Bee Gees, terrible song imo, but I could see them getting a samba bounce out of it... Hope its something better.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peppy5 wrote: »
    BIB agreed :)
    Strangely, I found myself lingering over no. 21 GG! :cool:

Someone on the MF has suggested their song might be Staying Alive, Bee Gees, terrible song imo, but I could see them getting a samba bounce out of it... Hope its something better.

Maybe this?
    Starts at 2:30 into the clip.;-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w267wi4wy8Y
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re music choice: Caroline tweeted this today

@carolineflack1
    @JasonGilkison ahhhhhhhhhh FREAK OUT

Perhaps being lyrics from the song 'Le Freak' by Chic. Would that fit in with Halloween at all? Or be suitable to a Samba. I've no clue.

Well done - you got the right music! ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    music girl wrote: »

Wahey my stalkery Twitter ways :)
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    music girl wrote: »
    Ooh .. that's a good song ... encouraging :)
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Hellooooo ticketyboo, ttml, daziechain...... :D
    She was swishing away to her heart's content................................and then "sorry!!!" (as if she really is!!!)

Caroline has a ready laugh and loves a bit of slagging, I'd say she teases him a lot...................................I'd love to hear her trying to explain to Pasha's little Russian head about Mr. Soft's "techneeeeeeeek"

ah... to be a fly on that wall.... :D:D ... Poor Pash ... :D

I must admit I am a bit disappointed with the music choice although with the theming should have expected it... :(:confused: ... Faith in Pash he will bring out a saucy samba through it ... just disappointed that in his 4 years on Strictly he has never actually been given proper samba music ... :( ... obviously he has done excellently with the disco stuff he has been given... I just wish.... !!!! .... Anyway hopefully it will be fine this time too ... :)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links music girl & KA.... !!!

Loving how the samba seems to be shaping up .... :)

Love those lips & chin dimple .... *swoon* ... :blush::blush:

https://flic.kr/p/pSKHb9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samba training looking good, here's hoping the happy party zombie look works!:o
    Good luck Caroline and Pasha for tonight :):)

This looks like a new Leo Holden image? Hope there are more new pics to come :)

http://resources3.atgtickets.com/static/22605_full.jpg
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Samba training looking good, here's hoping the happy party zombie look works!:o
    Good luck Caroline and Pasha for tonight :):)

This looks like a new Leo Holden image? Hope there are more new pics to come :)

http://resources3.atgtickets.com/static/22605_full.jpg

Morning Peppy. Yes, samba training does look good. Caroline seems to be enjoying it. Everyone does seem to have such dramatic dances though, I hope it doesn't get lost and they end up in the middle of the board!!!!! I'm not a big fan of le freak, but I do get the party vibe. Pasha won't be holding back anyway!!

Excited for this evening. Lots of great performances to come, I feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Peppy. Yes, samba training does look good. Caroline seems to be enjoying it. Everyone does seem to have such dramatic dances though, I hope it doesn't get lost and they end up in the middle of the board!!!!! I'm not a big fan of le freak, but I do get the party vibe. Pasha won't be holding back anyway!!

Excited for this evening. Lots of great performances to come, I feel.

Hi GG, I'm hoping they won't be too near the beginning of the show, and hope the costumes work! But out of all the theme weeks, I do like Halloween, costume and makeup always pull out all the stops. And yes lots of strong performances.

I can't watch, or vote, live tonight, so throw a few extra votes their way please!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ooooo .... what a gorgeous pic .... mmmm.... nom nom... :blush::blush:

Will throw in a few votes for you peppy .... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    ooooo .... what a gorgeous pic .... mmmm.... nom nom... :blush::blush:

Will throw in a few votes for you peppy .... :D

Throw one in for me as well, Pash.......................can't vote over here unfortunately.

Good luck Caroline and Pasha :)
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say right off Caroline has the best shoes of the night ! And it's quite a night!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am disliking the Halloween theming .... ruin a gorgeous girl or two that is .... :(

http://instagram.com/p/u3RycpDDs-/?modal=true

I don't dare imagine what they will get Pasha into ... :o:o

The samba should be our saviour .... :o:o
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great routine - I liked it! :)

I agree with you Pashulty - I am not fond of the Halloween theme - music choices in general were appalling! I find the make-up very distracting and would imagine the poor dancers find it difficult to focus.
    P and C's music was very limited and not easy to choreograph anything exciting too - there was no build-up in the song - no interesting melody or lyrics, so Pasha did as much as he could!:) Caroline looked happy and danced well. Hope they sail through tonight! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ah.... Pasha choreographed brilliantly to his limitations with the music & Caroline danced it well..... but they were nobbled before the show even started w/ the music & the theming .... :(

Well done Pasholine ... :)
    Now hopefully forget & move onto next week.... Fingers crossed ... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely not their best dance but it was still very good. Onwards and upwards from here :)
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on first impressions, I missed Chelsee's bouncy energy and Kimberley's sensuous abandon,but even my mum commented on how Caroline was working those hips.
    Look forward to recapping this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well on first impressions, I missed Chelsee's bouncy energy and Kimberley's sensuous abandon,but even my mum commented on how Caroline was working those hips.
    Look forward to recapping this one.

ah Jimbo.... agree with you & your mum.... BTW.... have been meaning to ask you ... how's your mum doing and is she supporting anyone in particular this year ? ... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very good performance................................I kinda got the feeling that it wasn't quite going to have the wow factor. Song choice, and having to choreograph to that.................... Still, 4th on the leaderboard. Very good. A small part of me feels that Caroline needs to let loose a tiny bit more. I think she's a brilliant mover, but I think there is more...................

Love Pasha with hair!!!!

People that I thought would do well, didn't, and others that I thought wouldn't, did.

Fingers crossed for another week.