Daily Brunch - Ch4.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Daily Brunch - Ch4.

Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer host a series that provides a hearty mixture of delicious recipes, the very best celebrity guests and some brilliantly quirky items. In the first show guests include Edith Bowman who talks about the 2014 BAFTA Los Angeles Awards, Ben Fogle discusses Countrywise and resident food expert Rebecca Seal gives news on the latest food trends

About the programme
Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer present an extra slice of Sunday Brunch served up daily, it's a hearty mix of delicious recipes and celebrity guest.

Have you seen this? Started today. If so, what did you think?

I quite like 'Sunday Brunch' although I think Tim Lovejoy is more than enough, once a week. Sometimes even that's too much. Cock!! This is just pointless, overkill IMO. Very lazy Ch4.

Comments

• tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Utter shite, exactly the same as Sunday Brunch, the only saving grace is it only lasts for one hour instead of three!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Utter shite, exactly the same as Sunday Brunch, the only saving grace is it only lasts for one hour instead of three!

Agreed. :D:D:D
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    SUnday Brunch can be okay when there are decent guests, but it relies too much on the guests to carry the programme. Rimmer's okay but Lovejoy is dire.

Daily Lovejoy is a horribe thought - life's too short to listen to his inane ramblings and idiotic giggling every day.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Oh what a shame I'm not home from work until after midday so I won't be able to watch :D

Can I just ask....Why?????? Dim Killjoy on tv six days a week :o
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn’t Sunday Bruch share the same studio as The Wright Stuff? So is Daily Brunch coming from a different studio or is it pre-recorded?
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Rimmer must be exhausted.. even with all the filming he has to practice his recipes and run his restaurants
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    SUnday Brunch can be okay when there are decent guests, but it relies too much on the guests to carry the programme. Rimmer's okay but Lovejoy is dire.

Daily Lovejoy is a horribe thought - life's too short to listen to his inane ramblings and idiotic giggling every day.

Lovejoy.. Dire.. I wouldn`t say that. Now Tess Daly and Dire would be correct
  • eric_the_beeeric_the_bee Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Doesn’t Sunday Bruch share the same studio as The Wright Stuff? So is Daily Brunch coming from a different studio or is it pre-recorded?

I think it's pre-recorded as they were wearing the same shirts as in the trailer on Sunday, and there were no live interactions with the audience. I don't think Simon is going to be away from his restaurants for 8 weeks either so some compromise needs to be in order, I'm guessing 2 shows are recorded Saturday, and 3 Monday for the full week, just a guess... Love to hear how it's really done
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »

Yeah, there's usually at least one guest on the show that makes it worth tolerating, but when they only have two mediocre guests it's not worth bothering with.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth watching the other day for Adam Hills but it`s an oddly sterile, flat atmosphere for these daily shows over the more populated Sunday edition.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Worth watching the other day for Adam Hills but it`s an oddly sterile, flat atmosphere for these daily shows over the more populated Sunday edition.

I think that’s due to the fact there’s less people in the studio and that its pre-recorded rather than live. Just my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that’s due to the fact there’s less people in the studio and that its pre-recorded rather than live. Just my opinion.

Didn`t realise that. Bit sly of them I feel.....
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My go...odness. Who commissioned this rubbish? Isn't Sunday much more than enough??
  • Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday Brunch is usually excellent and it's Sky Plussed in our home.

I'm not gonna bother with this though.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's pre-recorded as they were wearing the same shirts as in the trailer on Sunday, and there were no live interactions with the audience. I don't think Simon is going to be away from his restaurants for 8 weeks either so some compromise needs to be in order, I'm guessing 2 shows are recorded Saturday, and 3 Monday for the full week, just a guess... Love to hear how it's really done

Haven't seen Daily yet, but given how they've sometimes filmed two Sunday Brunches on a Sunday (eg. one for the week between Xmas and New Year), they could knock 5 eps out over Sat and Sun.

And you can tell when one of these is pre-recorded - the subtitles appear AS THEY SPEAK rather than trailing afterwards, when re-spoken by someone in the subtitles booth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair warning - Dawn Porter (I refuse to use her joke married name) AND Joe Pasquale on Thursday. Just to be safe I would advise unplugging your TV at the mains and locking it in a spare room just in case you accidentally land on the channel.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    The guests are personal to viewers' likes/dislikes I guess - I've not minded Simon lately ( and he doesn't dismiss veggie food/ restaurants as most chefs/ programmes do) but Lovejoy!>:(>:(>:( he grabs all the food before proffering it to the guests - he's so rude! Plus, he turns every conversation or topic to himself! I don't think I've ever despised a person as much as I do him!>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guests are personal to viewers' likes/dislikes I guess - I've not minded Simon lately ( and he doesn't dismiss veggie food/ restaurants as most chefs/ programmes do] but Lovejoy!>:(>:(>:( he grabs all the food before proffering it to the guests - he's so rude! Plus, he turns every conversation or topic to himself! I don't think I've ever despised a person as much as I do him!>:(

Maybe because he has a vegetarian restaurant, and has written a vegetarian cookbook. :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    Why? Just why????
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rimmer now looks like that game they used to sell, where you'd get a bald, clean shaven man and some iron filings which you could move around with a magnet to give him a beard.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd be right. Annie Mac was doing the 10am to 12.45pm show on Radio 1, yet on this show this morning!
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    You'd be right. Annie Mac was doing the 10am to 12.45pm show on Radio 1, yet on this show this morning!

Hardly a surprise since The Wright Stuff uses the same studio, and IS live!