Options

Ola will dance again

erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Speaking on Lorraine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzvT8KCBe4w

The horrific moment Ola Jordan's career almost came to an end after suffering 'devastating' injury on The Jump... but she reveals she WILL dance again

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2940854/Ola-Jordan-recalls-horriffic-moment-dance-days-ended-suffering-career-threatening-injury-Jump.html#ixzz3QtKmI2jg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she is keen to be part of Strictly again.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she maybe keen to be part of Strictly, obviously the Jordans need the money more than ever. Can't imagine Strictly wanting her back though - I think her and James have burned their bridges for definite. I think Trent's wife will replace her, and they'll be the new couple on the show.
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughable really that she's on a campaign for her next partner on scd, the Jordan's have conducted themselves in a unprofessional manner towards scd for some time . They obv need scd as nothing else seems to have materialised work wise . The bbc would be fools to take her back after all that has happened but nothing would surprise ME .
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that she is recovering well from her accident but I really hope the BBC aren't foolish enough to have her back this year.
    I doubt she would have wanted back had her other plans not fallen through and although at one time she was one of my favourites, I think both her and James have got a little too big for their boots and I think the show would survive perfectly well without either of them.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Agree with the above posts... really glad Ola is on the mend and I wish her well, but don't see her as part of the future of SCD.
  • Options
    IlluvatarIlluvatar Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know the details of Ola's contract re the jump so I don't know if she has done anything wrong there but she hasn't done a lot else. It's James's responsibility if he keeps mouthing off, not hers, she's taken a false story about bullying in her stride and she never actually said she was leaving.

It seems like the media takes everything she says and it takes it so far out of context, it doesn't really resemble what she originally said.
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illuvatar wrote: »
    I don't know the details of Ola's contract re the jump so I don't know if she has done anything wrong there but she hasn't done a lot else. It's James's responsibility if he keeps mouthing off, not hers, she's taken a false story about bullying in her stride and she never actually said she was leaving.

It seems like the media takes everything she says and it takes it so far out of context, it doesn't really resemble what she originally said.

They feed the press constantly with these stories via different sources, she was in training for another show while still under bbc contract and missed the final(that's pretty clear to see) . if they have her back its disrespectful to every other dancer on strictly imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    If what Robin said was true I am pretty sure they wouldn't have her back. What a way to be caught playing a sickie.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Illuvatar wrote: »

James upsets some because he challenges some of the manipulation and poor quality judging in Strictly. I suspect more people will join the chorus as their careers on and off the show end - there's books to be written there. . Ola has never been part of that confrontation. The new arrivals with a couple of exceptions are looking tedious, and several are unable to choregraph well enough to match their celebs potential - Ola usually overachieves with her celebs, her choregraphy was praised again last series, ,and she has a big fanbase, and seems liked by most viewers.. They will have her back if they have any sense - if she hasn't already said no to further series.

The new factor is how bad they will look if they don't take her back after/with an injury- it would now be politically dangerous not to take her back. Its also a big positive story for the show, they would be foolish to miss.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    They feed the press constantly with these stories via different sources, she was in training for another show while still under bbc contract and missed the final(that's pretty clear to see) . if they have her back its disrespectful to every other dancer on strictly imo.

Hardly.it depends what the contarct says and its hardly likely to pay her for weeks when she is not doing anything for the BBC. The BBC pays so little that it can't even contract its celebs to participate full time and not go on tours, act or do panto while they are training for next week's dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    According to Robin the issue was James calling in sick for Ola while, in truth, she was practising for another show and then the accident caught them out. Whether or not this is true I think James had already done his best to scupper Ola's future on the show.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James upsets some because he challenges some of the manipulation and poor quality judging in Strictly. I suspect more people will join the chorus as their careers on and off the show end - there's books to be written there. . Ola has never been part of that confrontation. The new arrivals with a couple of exceptions are looking tedious, and several are unable to choregraph well enough to match their celebs potential - Ola usually overachieves with her celebs, her choregraphy was praised again last series, ,and she has a big fanbase, and seems liked by most viewers.. They will have her back if they have any sense - if she hasn't already said no to further series.

The new factor is how bad they will look if they don't take her back after/with an injury- it would now be politically dangerous not to take her back. Its also a big positive story for the show, they would be foolish to miss.

Actually, my main problem with James is that he doesnt actually say anything much at all. He drops hints that he is going to - but really is just the man in the corner muttering 'I know something you don't know'. There was more information in the video from Robbie in quarter of an hour than James managed all series - and done with a big dollop of affection as well.

I don't think Ola's employment after injury is anything to do with the BBC at all. It might have been a different story if she had been injured as part of Strictly but as it is an injury on what could be called her own time at best, is not something they should feel obligated to rehabilitate. Spinning it to say that they were concerned about her leg holding up for a full series so soon after injury wouldn't take the skills of Peter Mandleson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Crawling back to Strictly with her tail between her legs. Pathetic.

Sadly her vile husband has napalmed all of their bridges.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Actually, my main problem with James is that he doesnt actually say anything much at all. He drops hints that he is going to - but really is just the man in the corner muttering 'I know something you don't know'. There was more information in the video from Robbie in quarter of an hour than James managed all series - and done with a big dollop of affection as well.

I don't think Ola's employment after injury is anything to do with the BBC at all. It might have been a different story if she had been injured as part of Strictly but as it is an injury on what could be called her own time at best, is not something they should feel obligated to rehabilitate. Spinning it to say that they were concerned about her leg holding up for a full series so soon after injury wouldn't take the skills of Peter Mandleson.

Completely agree (especially the bit about James :D)

I also don't think it would be 'politically dangerous' not to take Ola back - as you say, her injury is nothing to do with the BBC. Judging by online comments, Ola is not as popular as she used to be (thanks to James' BB stint and all the press stories plus the fact her heart hasn't seemed in it for a couple of years) and I haven't seen a lot of sympathy for her. I think most people would be more surprised if the BBC did invite her back than if they didn't. I think its been proven by the departures of Artem, Flavia, Vincent and previous pros like Ian, Matt etc. that as much as they are loved on here it doesn't really affect the show for the average viewer.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laughable really that she's on a campaign for her next partner on scd, the Jordan's have conducted themselves in a unprofessional manner towards scd for some time . They obv need scd as nothing else seems to have materialised work wise . The bbc would be fools to take her back after all that has happened but nothing would surprise ME .

absolutely, 100% agree with you!
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

James is at times 'the blonde girl's burden' but they do love each other so they have to make it work.

Ola has always done a very good job on the show and last series I thought she choreographed very well for Steve. It wasn't an easy mix of themes and music. A Tango to Jive music, a Paso Doble to Rumba music, an American Smooth to Tango music.

We don't know what exactly happened regarding the injury. I've gone through the process of learning to ski on a plastic slope without any instruction and wouldn't rate it as high risk - in fact it didn't seem that risky to me. But it was a bad decision to even take that risk while still in contract to the BBC. Whatever the details of it, it makes it less likely that Ola will be back, but you never know - she has got a long and very good history on the show.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ben Shepard has previous, a degree in Dance, Drama & Theatre Arts. Ringah par excellence.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she maybe keen to be part of Strictly, obviously the Jordans need the money more than ever. Can't imagine Strictly wanting her back though - I think her and James have burned their bridges for definite. I think Trent's wife will replace her, and they'll be the new couple on the show.

You think? Once pro dancers have made their name, either by becoming world champions, or just becoming famous via tv, they can charge what they like for lessons. Four lessons (usually of 45 minutes) a week would give either one of them an income in excess of the national average. And don't for one minute think there are not a whole host of dancers wanting lessons. Then there's promotions, shows, etc..........
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excellent news :):) but unfortunately (mostly )thanks to James, I doubt the BBC will ask her back:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    You think? Once pro dancers have made their name, either by becoming world champions, or just becoming famous via tv, they can charge what they like for lessons. Four lessons (usually of 45 minutes) a week would give either one of them an income in excess of the national average. And don't for one minute think there are not a whole host of dancers wanting lessons. Then there's promotions, shows, etc..........

I don't think the earning of money would be the issue - but you get the impression that James, in particular, doesn't want to just shuffle back into that world. He seems to want the more Sidebar of Shamey career path. He went on CBB and then used the period after that and the time when Strictly was on as basically one long self promoting job application and all it seems to have garnered is a slot on a show that broke Ola.

To have the sort of job/career he seems to want to they have to be current - and that doesn't mean the odd appearance on a Big Brother related show. Big Brother is famous for having people 'who tell it like it is' - the next crop will be released back into general circulation tonight and his pool will get a little more crowded, Without any thing more definitive on the horizon, to be current, one or both needs to be on Strictly (I think it's easy for the likes of us who follow the show and pros a bit more out of the Strictly season to over-estimate the name recognition of the pros with the vast majority of viewers who are only interested for the time of the show. My friend has watched every series and knows the pros by such things as 'him with the bum', 'her with the hair', 'tooth boy' ... and Anton :cool:) so he'd better hope there is still life left in that golden goose. I get the feeling that for James to have go back to a 'normal' post Strictly life would be seen as some sort of failure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Ben Shepard has previous, a degree in Dance, Drama & Theatre Arts. Ringah par excellence.

Don't count.
    He's a boy ;-)
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

Yes but they've blotted their copybooks now - besmirched names and all that. It will all change for them now.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC I think would have liked to get rid of the pair of them, because of James' attitude, but both at the same time might not have gone down too well. So it was James first and I don't think Ola will be invited back this year. The BBC like to bring in new faces. I've no idea, but they might be "cheaper."
    It's common sense in from a business aspect.
  • Options
    SCDJacobSCDJacob Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    If the BBC take her back then I for one will not be watching. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Jordan's. James seems to think he is now some kind of ambassador for CBB.

"If you make your bed in Commercial TV, better go and lie in it............."
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,408
    Forum Member
    Main problem was that she was not around for the Final when she had been recorded in a group dance in the Take That slot.
    I assume they would also have had to re-choreograph the Eliminated Celebrities Group dance, as Steve Backshall had no-one to dance with
    If James had called in with a fake sickie while she was training for the Jump, then they will have to take what they get.

Both Trent and Gordana went on the Tour as backing dancers, so we can pretty much guess that is a show of how highly they are thought of. Iveta had also been a backing dancer/ Extra Pro on the Tour prior to getting a full time contract on Strictly.

The BBC has a habit of punishing performers who cause issues with a production.

IIRC A female cast member of Eastenders got suspended for a long time for giving a fellow female cast member a black eye on a night out. This caused filming schedules to have to be altered, script changes etc etc.

There was a programme over Xmas about Saturday night entertainment shows, and the occasion when Noel Edmonds refused to do his House Party show one week as he was not happy with the content. He just walked off and went home, so the BBC had to put out a "Best of" show instead.
    When House party ended, he went to the BBC with a list of new ideas, but they refused to take his call.
    "You don't walk out of a Live show, then seriously expect us to do more shows with you" was how one Executive put it.