Options

Do you want the soaps to end before you die?

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I know its a random question but i would like them to end before i die just so that i know what happened in the end.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Well, this is a happy topic. How morbid :p
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    When you're dead I doubt you'll be caring if you watched the last episode of Corrie. Doubt you'll be caring about anything, you'll be dead...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    LMAO! What a cheery title!!:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is a happy topic. How morbid :p

Couldnt have put it better myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bl**dy hell, this is profound! :D

I honestly don't know how to answer this one.

*puts thinking cap on* - I might ponder this for a while and come back to this thread later. :D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay :D Happy thread of the day.

And to answer the question, no, I dont. Its not like it'll make a difference to me anyway.

Though knowing my luck, i'll get hit by a taxi the day of the reveal of who stabbed Lucy Beale's by-then 25 year old son!
  • Options
    themightyruththemightyruth Posts: 3,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I doubt I'll care about it, as I will just be in a box rotting away. Then again, what if there is something after death, and I spend the whole of my afterlife, thinking 'damn, I never saw how Eastenders ended'. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    If Becca only saw this thread; her response would be: "It dont matter peeps...you'll be dead in the ground"..
  • Options
    philly_88philly_88 Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    :D I wanna see the reveal of the storylines I'm interested in :D
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather all soaps ended tomorrow then dying
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Not fussed. They're only soaps. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Brookside
    Glenroe
    Crossroads

I'm sure a few more will end before I leave

As long as I know who shot Phil i'll be ok
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's like asking if you want real life for everyone else to end before you die. I wouldn't. I'd certainly want to die before my children do, and when that happened I'd be far more concerned with how things turned out for them than how things turned out for the Mitchells etc.

If there is a Great Beyond then I'd hope to be reunited with my kids once we're all done living, and so you never know, you may get Eastenders and Corrie up in Heaven too (with one over running the other by a couple of minutes as usual) :)

On the other hand, if you get sent downstairs you might have to suffer Albion Market and Eldorado for all eternity instead :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do, mainly beacuse i cant imagne eastenders, corrie or hollyoaks still being on when im 90!! If i live live that long!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    If there's an afterlife, maybe they have soaps there too ;)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regee wrote: »
    If there's an afterlife, maybe they have soaps there too ;)

Blanche from Corrie sniping great lines in the Rovers, I'd buy her a drink:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    What a question.

Chances are for most people, by the time they are in their late 70's or 80's, hopefully older that the soaps most main characters won't be in it anymore and the soaps could go downhill. So you may not be watching them anymore therefore won't care if they end before you die etc.

I've never really thought about it, if i'm being honest. So not going to answer sorry, coz it's just too upsetting :(

I'm ok, thanks for your concern :D
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    haha I've actually thought about this before! I'm in 2 minds though, it would be nice to see how they end, but then again, if Corrie ended when I was say 60/70, it would be horrible to see it end as I would have watched it for 60/70 years and it would be like losing someone close (sounds sad I know! lol)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the whole point of soaps that there ISN'T any end - it's just the day-to-day lives of a particular group of people. Unless someone blows up Albert Square or Coronation Street and kills them all off in one go, what exactly will you be missing?
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the whole point of soaps that there ISN'T any end - it's just the day-to-day lives of a particular group of people. Unless someone blows up Albert Square or Coronation Street and kills them all off in one go, what exactly will you be missing?

That's what I was trying to say when I said that it like asking if you want real life for everyone else to end before you die. All soaps are supposed to be is a reflection of the highlights and lowlights of life. It would be interesting (not to mention scary!) if life had spoilers though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'd be more annoyed if I died before Lost ends to be honest ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting (not to mention scary!) if life had spoilers though.

That's what mediums are for!

Wouldn't it be funny if you went to a seance, made contact with the dear departed, and all they wanted to know was who killed Archie and whether anyone had found Owen's body yet?! :D
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what mediums are for!

Wouldn't it be funny if you went to a seance, made contact with the dear departed, and all they wanted to know was who killed Archie and whether anyone had found Owen's body yet?! :D

If all you were worried about when your time came was what happens in a soap, that would be pretty pathetic, I think. Life is for living, soaps are soaps!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If all you were worried about when your time came was what happens in a soap, that would be pretty pathetic, I think. Life is for living, soaps are soaps!

Yeah, but death is forever and it must be pretty boring lying in a dark box with nothing else to do. ;) Maybe I'll have a 42" flat screen TV installed on the underside of my coffin lid so I can keep watching EastEnders forever!