Options

New Corrie set to use actual house interiors?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
EP Keiran Robert hints that they might start to film in the houses rather than in a studio set in this interview

Comments

• Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting stuff - thanks for posting a link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problems

Also construction will begin either Jan-Feb-March and will finish around June 2012 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Personally, I'm quite against this potential move. It just seems better when the interior scenes are shot in a TV studio because the lighting and sound are much better, it would also make Corrie feel like a different soap.

Emmerdale is a good example because they shoot in both the TV studio and in the actual buildings in the village. I much prefer the interior scenes from the TV studio rather than from the actual building.

I like Corrie's interior scenes being shot in a TV studio,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer for them to be filmed in a house, it will give Corrie a more authentic feel, plus sets wont just change suddenly
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer for them to be filmed in a house, it will give Corrie a more authentic feel, plus sets wont just change suddenly

...unless these new "houses" don't look the same as the current sets.. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    ...unless these new "houses" don't look the same as the current sets.. :p

It's easy to make them look like the current sets :p
  • Options
    SpaceCandySpaceCandy Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very exciting. I'm so happy they are moving to a lot that's more fit for purpose. When they start building and replicating the sets I'm sure we'll see leaked photos or even better have a sneaky peak.

I bet ITV will make a documentary about the whole process(maybe that's just very wishful thinking)
  • Options
    12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope he is true to his word.

It will be interesting to see how the changes will come across on screen; with the use of natural lighting etc.

And there's one thing I guess: no shots of Graeme tied to Gail's living room radiator with the missing kitchen ceiling in the background!!
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People, people.....

Corrie has a HUGE throughput of episode per year, and the only way this is achieved is via the three-camera studio system. Three HD studio cameras would not fit into a "real" outside house set. Only Brookside used to do it, and they did it by knocking holes in walls, but that was for two episodes a week.

What was being suggested is that you'll be able to see more than just a doorway, allowing for people to go into the houses, where it would switch to the studio set.

Trust me, they won't start filming in the outdoor houses on a full-time basis. The pace of shooting simply could not allow it.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside used actual houses. There was no problem with the sound etc with that.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't think that's what he was suggesting at all, rather that you'd be able to see more of the interior from the outside, rather than say Deirdre popping her head round the door because if she were to open it fully you'd see it wasn't the house at all!
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside used actual houses. There was no problem with the sound etc with that.

There was in the early days back in 1982/1983. They realised that they needed sound proofing.
  • Options
    SpaceCandySpaceCandy Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much can be done these days anyway regarding sound I don't think it will be an issue. I do hope we get behind the scenes snippets etc.
  • Options
    emmerdaleloveremmerdalelover Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an interesting thought. I was very impressed with Brookside.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a sound issue, its a space issue.

Three studio cameras with large automated broadcast zoom lenses and heavy bases will NOT fit into a "real set".

Brookside was a single camera production. Corrie is not.