What's the worst date you've ever been on?

Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad I've never really had a date with anyone other than my husband! But there are some corkers on this thread!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are some corkers on this thread!

Luckily for the wine industry.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several years ago I had a date with this woman and we arranged to meet at her place. Unknowingly to me she had a couple kids aged around ten, who were there at the time.

After a short while I decided to go to the shop but had to drive as it was a fair distance away. She then told me to take the kids along. WTF? She's didn't even know me!

The rest of the evening was spent in sheer boredom watching the Abba musical, which she insisted on seeing, even though she had watched it numerous times before.
    ^_^

Oh God. :o
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have his phone number? Roy Orbison is a legend :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGzwyTvkIQ

Just to give people hope, I met my husband on June 4th 1993, got married June 4th 1994 and amazingly gave birth to our son on June 4th 1995!

Gosh that is amazing but a wonderful amazing facts
  • TheJasperCoTheJasperCo Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    :D

Thank you. I'm loving these stories :blush:

That reminds me of another date.

It's a bit XXX rated.. (But I'll give it a bash)

I went on a date with a guy to pizza express. The place was empty just us two and the waitress. I don't drink much however he brought a bottle of wine to share :o and gin and tonic also. He also complemented me far too much.. The night went on and I started to get a little drunk.

I asked for the bill and I can remember it being quite high however he had said he was paying it all. He said it whilst he ordered the drinks in. I didn't moan. I did think it was very nice of him! I did offer to pay my fair share but he wasn't having it.

He went to get his wallet and he didn't have his bank card on him... I thought he was pulling a fast one on me and getting me to pay it all! Which I was getting annoyed about, thinking it had been a trick!

He said don't worry I'll phone my BOYFRIEND :o I was utterly shocked and confused as I listened to his call.. Called him babes... And asking him to bring his bank card... I was confused and was totally thinking WTF is going on!

Straight after the phone call his boyfriend rushed into the place and I didn't know where to look! He had been watching us from outside :o and he started arguing and saying "you what that (me) Over me!" :o I didn't know what to say.

As he paid I went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face and thinking it might be a hidden camera show! Haha

XXX Rated bit...
    ;)

We left pizza express (he's boyfriend had gone off) as I said goodbye I felt unnerve and feeling off being watched!! I was right. He's boyfriend had been in a dark corner and he been watching us and approached us again.., I quickly made a get away (half a spirit :D as a scene from eastenders kicked off (he smashed the bottle of wine on the floor :o ) I then realised that running to my car wasn't a good move... So I walked a long 3 miles home..

Congratulations LostInLost, that is the first post I've read on here that actually had me choking on my water with laughter. Genuinely hilarious, best one so far!! :D
  • Hugh JarseHugh Jarse Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Worst date? How long have you got? I could tell you about the one that started with her dog peeing all over her & went downhill from there. Or the one I'd only met once, who texted me the next day, telling me to tell her Dad that she was going to kill herself. Or maybe when I stupidly agreed to go on holiday with a woman I'd never met, who seemed very nice online, but turned out to be a PBFH in real life. Or maybe the one who, before we met, made me promise not to do what her last date had done, which was to say they were going to the loo & never coming back to the table. I kept my promise not to, but within 5 minutes of meeting her, it became very clear as to why he'd walked out on her. So take your pick. That said, I have had some great dates/relationships from online dating, so it's really not all bad, but you do tend to remember the bad ones, for obvious reasons.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hugh Jarse wrote: »
    Or maybe when I stupidly agreed to go on holiday with a woman I'd never met, who seemed very nice online, but turned out to be a PBFH in real life.

What is a PBFH?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    What is a PBFH?

I'm guessing "psycho bitch from hell"?
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    What is a PBFH?

Psycho Bitch From Hell (at least, that's what urban dictionary tells me).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing "psycho bitch from hell"?

That's right. I looked it up a little earlier.
    Forum Member
    Correct. Psycho bitch from hell. She was the very definition of one. Her parting gift was to smear her period blood all over the bath, loo & bathroom door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct. Psycho bitch from hell. She was the very definition of one. Her parting gift was to smear her period blood all over the bath, loo & bathroom door.

That's disgusting. Edited as I originally put "bloody disgusting"..... sorry.
    Forum Member
    That's disgusting. Edited as I originally put "bloody disgusting"..... sorry.

Yep. Left me to clear it up & took the hire car when she went. Luckily I had just about enough cash left to get a taxi to the airport, as the place we were staying at had no bank or cash point for miles. She then wondered why I didn't want to remain friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Left me to clear it up & took the hire car when she went. Luckily I had just about enough cash left to get a taxi to the airport, as the place we were staying at had no bank or cash point for miles.

You were on holiday at this point!?
    Forum Member
    You were on holiday at this point!?

Yep, see my original post.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Back at the end of 2002 I'd been chatting to a woman on t'internet and we'd got on really well and then that became phone calls, then a few weeks before Xmas she invited me to hers for a long weekend. Anyway I travel down on a Thursday, and she comes and picks me up from the train station with her best mate who is absolutely hysterical. It turned out that her mate had been dumped by her fella the night before and was in no state to be left on her own. I try to be understanding, thinking well she'll go home later on. I was wrong, she stayed until Saturday morning and to make matters worse actually slept in the same bed as the woman I was meeting as she felt "fragile".

On the Saturday we made up for lost time, and decided to go out in the evening. We went to a nightclub not far from where she lived, and it turned out it was one of these pay once and free drinks all night. She starts knocking bottles back like there's no tomorrow then disappears for 5 minutes and then seems to start sobering up even though she was still caning the alcohol. Around midnight she sees her mate's ex and ends up confronting him, cue a bit of an argument between her and the ex with his mates joining in. I couldn't get involved because I didn't know any of them, and although I'm not averse to throwing my weight around when needs be, I decided that I'd still come off worse due to there being 4 of them and one of me. After several minutes the bouncers came along and told us to either leave or shut up and enjoy the rest of our night. She then starts simmering (which meant she went really quiet and I just ended up stood watching others having a good night). About 1:50am goes to the loo with a bottle, but when she comes back she didn't have it and I thought she'd just finished it and left it somewhere. She then tells me we're leaving.

As we leave I head to the taxi rank, but she says she wants to wait a moment, and I knew then she was going to start ripping into her mate's ex. A few minutes later he comes out and she charges him, producing a bottle from her top (she was wearing a long top and jeans and had apparently used it to conceal the bottle), and smashes it over his head. Needless to say, police and bouncers are straight on her, and she gets arrested while the guy goes to hospital. Thankfully she told the police to give me her keys, and told me the address and asked me to get a taxi home and wait for her. When she got searched properly at the police station it turned out that the reason she was sobering up was because she'd bought some speed so she was also done for that as well as ABH. She turned up Sunday evening, but when she got in all she wanted to do was sleep, and I was relieved when Monday morning came around and I could get out of there. She was actually pretty offended when I said I didn't want to see her again, but I just couldn't deal with the drama (not to mention the up and coming court appearance which ended up with her on tag for 8 months).

Shortly after I had a date with a girl who brought her mate for safety reasons (I was cool with that because she'd told me she was anyway). On the day I found out I had more in common with her mate and actually ended up seeing her mate for a bit instead of the girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    Shortly after I had a date with a girl who brought her mate for safety reasons (I was cool with that because she'd told me she was anyway). On the day I found out I had more in common with her mate and actually ended up seeing her mate for a bit instead of the girl.

So how did that go when you said "I don't want to see you again but I fancy your friend"? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst date? How long have you got? I could tell you about the one that started with her dog peeing all over her & went downhill from there. Or the one I'd only met once, who texted me the next day, telling me to tell her Dad that she was going to kill herself. Or maybe when I stupidly agreed to go on holiday with a woman I'd never met, who seemed very nice online, but turned out to be a PBFH in real life. Or maybe the one who, before we met, made me promise not to do what her last date had done, which was to say they were going to the loo & never coming back to the table. I kept my promise not to, but within 5 minutes of meeting her, it became very clear as to why he'd walked out on her. So take your pick. That said, I have had some great dates/relationships from online dating, so it's really not all bad, but you do tend to remember the bad ones, for obvious reasons.

:o:o:o
    Wow. I don't know if I could do the "off to the loo" and do a runner on someone.. Bit harsh. But they must have been awful to get to that stage! I just have a scene of someone trying to get through a bathroom window :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why did she do that?
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o
    Wow. I don't know if I could do the "off to the loo" and do a runner on someone.. Bit harsh. But they must have been awful to get to that stage! I just have a scene of someone trying to get through a bathroom window :D

No, me neither, though I was tempted with her. When she told me about her previous date, I thought "how rude", but as said, after 5 minutes in her company, I knew why he did. She messed me about as to the meeting place, then said she had to go to the cash point, which was fine, til she declared "it won't let me have any money, you'll have to pay for everything". Now I don't mind paying on a date & would normally offer, but I didn't particularly like being told I had to. In the pub she just ranted about how she hated everyone/everything & also that she was temping, but no one wanted to keep her on for more than a day. I wonder why. She'd barely touched her drink, and announced "Are you going to get me another drink? It's rude to let someone finish their drink before getting them another one". Yeah, I thought, not as rude as declaring yourself on a freebie, then demanding another drink when you've barely touched your last one. I called it a night after that 2nd drink & laughed all the way home at the awfulness of it all.
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Why did she do that?

I wish I knew. I decided it was best not to ask & made no further contact. I ignored the abusive texts she sent later & was totally bemused when, a few days later, she sent another text saying she hoped we could still be friends. I've honestly never met someone as difficult, rude, deluded, dishonest & generally obnoxious as her before & never wish to again. She was the type who could start a fight in an empty room. More bizarre as she seemed so nice online. Just goes to show that you never can tell about someone until you actually meet them face to face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, me neither, though I was tempted with her. When she told me about her previous date, I thought "how rude", but as said, after 5 minutes in her company, I knew why he did. She messed me about as to the meeting place, then said she had to go to the cash point, which was fine, til she declared "it won't let me have any money, you'll have to pay for everything". Now I don't mind paying on a date & would normally offer, but I didn't particularly like being told I had to. In the pub she just ranted about how she hated everyone/everything & also that she was temping, but no one wanted to keep her on for more than a day. I wonder why. She'd barely touched her drink, and announced "Are you going to get me another drink? It's rude to let someone finish their drink before getting them another one". Yeah, I thought, not as rude as declaring yourself on a freebie, then demanding another drink when you've barely touched your last one. I called it a night after that 2nd drink & laughed all the way home at the awfulness of it all.

What an absolute horror!
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad I've never really had a date with anyone other than my husband!

Same here, only two husbands :D

I would hate to be on the dating scene again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I knew. I decided it was best not to ask & made no further contact. I ignored the abusive texts she sent later & was totally bemused when, a few days later, she sent another text saying she hoped we could still be friends. I've honestly never met someone as difficult, rude, deluded, dishonest & generally obnoxious as her before & never wish to again. She was the type who could start a fight in an empty room. More bizarre as she seemed so nice online. Just goes to show that you never can tell about someone until you actually meet them face to face.

Totally bonkers thing to do.... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why. She'd barely touched her drink, and announced "Are you going to get me another drink? It's rude to let someone finish their drink before getting them another one".
    In Japan it is...