Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »

As for kids questioning absent parents I guess ruby will be asking lots of questions about her family

You'd think so, but it never seems to happen.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is still a bit young, but in a few years a good opportunity to discuss mixed race families
    :):):):confused:
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    The absence of Lily has become ridiculous. Surely she would have been taken to Gail's wedding, or if not and she had to be minded - by whom? Everyone was at the wedding, except for Audrey who was ill. They have got to the point where they don't even pretend there is meant to be a toddler in the house. I think there was a recording of a baby crying a few weeks ago, but a much younger child than Lily. It's crazy, especially when you think what an impact a child of Lily's age has on a household in real life.

This! This has annoyed me for weeks, and I've previously posted how they could get around the child actor rules by using several similar looking children. Lily is seen so rarely that no-one could know whether it was the 'real' Lily or not.
    As for the wedding, couldn't we have at least seen a quick shot of one of the family holding Lily ( say the back view of another child ) so at least we'd know she was there, or failing that, a mention that someone was minding her.
    But no, as others have said, it''s as if she doesn't exist. Very very poor writing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh i forgot about baby Lily ? poor kid :(
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oh i forgot about baby Lily ? poor kid :(

Who? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How long does this Gavin/Andy s/l go on for ? A load of nonsense isn't it :D

also what about Andy and his proper family, his post and any other private details about him ? All nonsense
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Sally was at the reception

As for Tyrone, he gave jack to Kevin saying he couldn't bring him up knowing he wasn't his, now he works with the man who took his wife and fathered the child he never did

As for kids questioning absent parents I guess ruby will be asking lots of questions about her family

But why wasn't Sally at the actual wedding when she's a close friend - Gail's closest, probably.

I know Tyrone gave Jack up but would he really be best mates with Kevin after all that?!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Someone I was at school with reappeared years later (she'd gone to live elsewhere) with a completely different nose, insisting she'd had 'an accident' which required some repair work to her nose. But it was rather smaller and extensively remodelled!

Marie and Michelle lose no opportunity to display their boob job results. And Sean and Steve have acquired considerably more hair lately.
    When Kym Marsh had lipo and breast augmentation done on her body years ago, the results were there to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNucJXXbXO8

Classic Corrie comedy, eh. Having a scrub, "fit" man at work, dropped towel. :o ^_^
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    But why wasn't Sally at the actual wedding when she's a close friend - Gail's closest, probably.

Sally and Gail certainly used to be friends (and were preggers cover co-stars of the 1990 Christmas TV Times :)) but do they have much interaction these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has Fizz got Ruby ? Why hasn't Tyrone got her ?
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    This Gavin stuff has gone beyond a joke now and is into insane territory .
    Seriously , are we to believe it's to protect poor auld Michael from heart attack , yet it's just fine for Gail to dump him at the altar twice .
    It's putting me right off Corrie , PLEASE someone pull the plug and just tell Michael FGS .>:(
    As for Bethany and Sarah settling in Manchester with just two bags and a laptop ?........oh puh-lease . Give us a break . I take more with me on a weekend jaunt to the seaside .
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    This! This has annoyed me for weeks, and I've previously posted how they could get around the child actor rules by using several similar looking children. Lily is seen so rarely that no-one could know whether it was the 'real' Lily or not.
    As for the wedding, couldn't we have at least seen a quick shot of one of the family holding Lily ( say the back view of another child ) so at least we'd know she was there, or failing that, a mention that someone was minding her.
    But no, as others have said, it''s as if she doesn't exist. Very very poor writing.

Exactly, in hollyoaks they show backs of pushchairs and have baby noises yet you rarely see the toddlers. We need to ask for an explanation
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone I was at school with reappeared years later (she'd gone to live elsewhere) with a completely different nose, insisting she'd had 'an accident' which required some repair work to her nose. But it was rather smaller and extensively remodelled!

Marie and Michelle lose no opportunity to display their boob job results. And Sean and Steve have acquired considerably more hair lately.

Carla looks like she has botox and like she has something done to her lips.

But that Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan. She's had so much work done she could come back as a completely different character. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Carla looks like she has botox and like she has something done to her lips.

But that Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan. She's had so much work done she could come back as a completely different character. :o:D

re Carla that must be all the red wine she gulps down :D

and Tina, well that could have well be her as that reporter girl, as she did look bit like her :D
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Gavin stuff has gone beyond a joke now and is into insane territory .
    Seriously , are we to believe it's to protect poor auld Michael from heart attack , yet it's just fine for Gail to dump him at the altar twice .
    It's putting me right off Corrie , PLEASE someone pull the plug and just tell Michael FGS .>:(
    As for Bethany and Sarah settling in Manchester with just two bags and a laptop ?........oh puh-lease . Give us a break . I take more with me on a weekend jaunt to the seaside .

Precisely, I don't see how jilting him twice is better than just telling him the truth. How much more insane is it going to get before that point though? And why is Michael still with Gail, has he no self respect? This storyline along with the Callum/Max farce is ruining the Platts characters & they were one of the best families on the show
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    Precisely, I don't see how jilting him twice is better than just telling him the truth. How much more insane is it going to get before that point though? And why is Michael still with Gail, has he no self respect? This storyline along with the Callum/Max farce is ruining the Platts characters & they were one of the best families on the show

Too much overexposure with the Platts, I don't see why Kylie got back on the drugs anyway, she was happy with her life & with David. I don't see why tptb had to ruin that.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why is Michael still with Gail, has he no self respect?

Because he is in lurv :p
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I don't see why Kylie got back on the drugs anyway, she was happy with her life & with David.
    Because the s/l led to her 'disappearing' to have a baby!
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the s/l led to her 'disappearing' to have a baby!

It's weird actually how they didn't even try to hide the fact Paula was pregnant :D you could clearly see a bump on screen aswell.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    How long does this Gavin/Andy s/l go on for ? A load of nonsense isn't it :D

also what about Andy and his proper family, his post and any other private details about him ? All nonsense

Also, surely Michael would have kept in touch with some of his family? What about the aunt who told him about the hereditary heart condition and who wanted to tell him about Gavin dying? Did he not think to invite her? :confused: Bit weird to have all of the bride's family and friends while the groom only has one fake son in attendance.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said on another thread that this is a bonkers storyline. David blackmails Andy / Gavin into planting drugs in Callum's car (as you do), saying if he doesn't, he will tell Michael that his 'son' is an imposter. Have the scriptwriters thought for even one moment how insane the whole thing sounds? None of it seems remotely believable.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I said on another thread that this is a bonkers storyline. David blackmails Andy / Gavin into planting drugs in Callum's car (as you do), saying if he doesn't, he will tell Michael that his 'son' is an imposter. Have the scriptwriters thought for even one moment how insane the whole thing sounds? None of it seems remotely believable.

Wait till tactless, big gob Bethany finds out. :o
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Kym Marsh had lipo and breast augmentation done on her body years ago, the results were there to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNucJXXbXO8

Classic Corrie comedy, eh. Having a scrub, "fit" man at work, dropped towel. :o ^_^

ha, first time seeing that scene:D you can clearly tell Michelle is wearing some sort of backless flesh-coloured bra though or else she just has no nipples:blush:
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Wait till tactless, big gob Bethany finds out. :o

Oh my God, now you've mentioned the big gob, I'm seeing her even more as a ventriloquist's dummy, the sort with the mouth that slides up and down! :o
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    She also has a strange habit of moving her eyes back and forth as she's talking.

I've noticed this too, she looks to me like someone looking for a way to escape from something.. She really is the most awful stage school "actress".
This discussion has been closed.