DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of Kit Harrington until he was on the Graham Norton Show. I'm glad he was... :blush::blush::D

And where have YOU been Mr? :p
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^lol watching other TV shows I guess. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^lol watching other TV shows I guess. :p

You pop up, out of the blue, no posts here for months, cool as a cucumber. I was worried sick! >:(^_^:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha sorry 'bout that.

I just didn't really have anything to contribute.
  • soniaorlastormsoniaorlastorm Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    http://www.wikihow.com/Respect-a-Transgender-Person

wonder who this article is aimed at ?
    It has way to many do`s and don`ts for the general population .
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a very detailed article Sons.

It's really weird for me because one of my friends is trans and when he came out I never said the wrong things or anything bearing in mind I never knew a trans person before that. Probably because when I first met him, he didn't really speak so to me, it's never made a difference. Unlike it will have for those in his life. I hope that makes sense..
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    That's a very detailed article Sons.

It's really weird for me because one of my friends is trans and when he came out I never said the wrong things or anything bearing in mind I never knew a trans person before that. Probably because when I first met him, he didn't really speak so to me, it's never made a difference. Unlike it will have for those in his life. I hope that makes sense..

Are you sure you used the right pronouns there ? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear the Oxford English Dictionary is thinking of adding Mx. along side Mr., Mrs., Miss and Ms.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of Kit Harrington until he was on the Graham Norton Show. I'm glad he was... :blush::blush::D

He's beautiful :p
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure you used the right pronouns there ? lol
    Yes :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the Oxford English Dictionary is thinking of adding Mx. along side Mr., Mrs., Miss and Ms.

Gender neutrality?

I read the link you posted Sonia, it kind of made some good points with some of it and in other places hasn't really enlightened me at all. I think sometimes curiosity is confused with ignorance, just because someone asks a question that may be considered pertinent doesn't make them ignorant. Although in saying that it does make a fairly obvious point: google is your friend haha. I guess it depends on the person. I've never had a problem with straight people asking me personal quedtions. For example.

What did you think of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    He's beautiful :p
    Ain't he just. :D
    Gender neutrality?

Yes, they say it'd be for either trans-people or those who do not identify with either Mr/Mrs and their derivatives.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the trailer for the reboot of National Lampoon's Vacation. Looks dreadful.

Even the shameless use of Chris Hemsworth parading about in just his pants wouldn't make me rush to the cinema to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the trailer for the reboot of National Lampoon's Vacation. Looks dreadful.

Even the shameless use of Chris Hemsworth parading about in just his pants wouldn't make me rush to the cinema to see it.

What is it meant to be about? :p

I have no idea why but today's been a hormone hurricane today. Cried twice (although I always well up when I hear See You Again) and laughed hysterically. Something's up with me :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it meant to be about? :p
    Its a sequel to the original road-trip movie. Rusty (son in the original) is now taking his family to Wally World.
    Forum Member
    Gender neutrality?

I read the link you posted Sonia, it kind of made some good points with some of it and in other places hasn't really enlightened me at all. I think sometimes curiosity is confused with ignorance, just because someone asks a question that may be considered pertinent doesn't make them ignorant. Although in saying that it does make a fairly obvious point: google is your friend haha. I guess it depends on the person. I've never had a problem with straight people asking me personal quedtions. For example.

What did you think of it?

It read more like a wishlist of the Author , Life is to personaly to have a how-to IMO but YMMV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marriage proposal on Italia's Got Talent.

https://youtu.be/U8JVGwHXBvA

:blush::blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marriage proposal on Italia's Got Talent.

https://youtu.be/U8JVGwHXBvA

:blush::blush::D

Beautiful proposal, even if I think it's tacky on TV :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proposing on TV in general or just on talent shows? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Proposing on TV in general or just on talent shows? ;)

Just proposals on TV. I still think proposals are lovely though. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And then there's the risk of a rejection in when proposing in such a high profile way in public.

I remember one at an NBA game a few years back. It was between one of the quarters, they stood centre court in front of a packed out arena, it was on the jumbotron and everything.

He got down on one knee and she just ran.....
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone! :D
  • Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Rob hi everyone.;-):cool:
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :D
    Hi Rob hi everyone.;-):cool:

Hi to you both.

I'm the DS LGBT members thread resident gay, I go by Jason or sometimes Cakey.

Hey everyone else!

How you feeling now Jack, any better after t'other day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi to you both.

I'm the DS LGBT members thread resident gay, I go by Jason or sometimes Cakey.

Hey everyone else!

How you feeling now Jack, any better after t'other day?

Kind of. Still feeling pretty off. Immediate family turmoil, along with people generally being really snappy with me lately. Feeling hard done by. Like i was consoling a friend on Thursday, all i said was I know how he feels and I'm here for him, he turned around and told me I make everything about me. On a side note I'm also fighting two infections, (and one is in a very inconvenient area, It is NOT an STD btw :blush:) and a cold. I'm pretty miserable and skint.

How're you?