Eastenders 11/10/2010 -The Jacksons face a tragedy. Episode Discussion

LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
Forum Member
✭✭
Coming up tonight:
Carol faces the worst day of her life when she hears that her son is dead, in the week's first visit to Albert Square.

Click here to read a more detailed synopsis.

Written by Simon Ashdown

Discuss tonights episode

Comments

• xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    So glad Simon has written this episode, it should be good.
  • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    So glad Simon has written this episode, it should be good.

It will be brilliant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Should be a fab episode but very emotional :(
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooo yeah he snuffs tonight .
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God he dies tonight. Pointless, horrible character.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they released details people are leaving etc but Billie's exit is the worst kept secret ever. Literally everyone knows how he's leaving I thought it would have been hyped up a bit seeing as it's Carol's son and it might attract some of Eastenders older audience who watched 10 years ago back to see it as Billie's dying.

The actresses playing Carol, Bianca and Whitney will all be fantastic no doubt tonight. Might be on DS for the discussion later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how it's a big eppy on a Monday for a change. Looking forward....
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,804
    Forum Member
    Should be a good episode :)
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    jlrob wrote: »
    I like how it's a big eppy on a Monday for a change. Looking forward....
    THey do from time to time and it sets it up for the new week so it does make sense.

xKatieLx wrote: »
    I know they released details people are leaving etc but Billie's exit is the worst kept secret ever. Literally everyone knows how he's leaving I thought it would have been hyped up a bit seeing as it's Carol's son and it might attract some of Eastenders older audience who watched 10 years ago back to see it as Billie's dying.

The actresses playing Carol, Bianca and Whitney will all be fantastic no doubt tonight. Might be on DS for the discussion later.
    Whitney can't act but the other 2 yeah.
    All the papers today say how much the actress that plays Carol puts out a brilliant storyline and said how it's very emotional and unsensational
    We are going to have a very goodweek
  • BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyndsey Coulson will more than likely give a brilliant preformance as will Patsy Palmer. It will also be good to see
    Alan and Blossom
    due to this storyline.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    THey do from time to time and it sets it up for the new week so it does make sense.

Whitney can't act but the other 2 yeah.
    All the papers today say how much the actress that plays Carol puts out a brilliant storyline and said how it's very emotional and unsensational
    We are going to have a very goodweek

Yh little baby Hassen died at the start of the week in his cot mind you EE was nly on 2 times a week back then.
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way I'm not looking forward to this episode. Not that Billie is one of my favourite characters, not by a long stretch, but the way he dies, it's a bit *squick*. Like Lyndsey Coulson said, if he'd died on the battlefield, Carol would find it "easier" to accept.

Oh ok, it's just that I find it all a bit close to home. What if I die like that? Trust me, it's a possibility! :p

The fact that Lyndsey and Patsy are such good actresses makes it worse, in a way. Their reactions will be all too realistic :(

EDIT:
    Lyndsey Coulson will more than likely give a brilliant preformance as will Patsy Palmer. It will also be good to see
    Alan and Blossom
    due to this storyline.

Oh yeah,
    I'm looking forward to seeing Alan back as well. Didn't know that Blossom would be back too!
    Forum Member
    Yh little baby Hassen died at the start of the week in his cot mind you EE was nly on 2 times a week back then.
    wasn't going back that far.
    I mean we have had quite a few big episodes on mondays over the years.

If EastEnders was on twice that would have been Tuesday and Thursday as Mondays was added as the 3rd episode in around 1994
    so you mean it was on 3 nights back then:D
    Forum Member
    In a way I'm not looking forward to this episode. Not that Billie is one of my favourite characters, not by a long stretch, but the way he dies, it's a bit *squick*. Like Lyndsey Coulson said, if he'd died on the battlefield, Carol would find it "easier" to accept.

Oh ok, it's just that I find it all a bit close to home. What if I die like that? Trust me, it's a possibility! :p

The fact that Lyndsey and Patsy are such good actresses makes it worse, in a way. Their reactions will be all too realistic :(

EDIT:

Oh yeah,
    I'm looking forward to seeing Alan back as well. Didn't know that Blossom would be back too!
    This as a storyline is not only brilliant and different but puts a message across about Alcohol.
    Having seen Billie drinking That vodka the way he was(on top of everything else he was drinking).

We all like a nice drink from time to time but some people really go over the top drinking for 15 hours aday(or so) and downing it in the way Billie has
    It really puts the right message across
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Devon sent a few nice tweets out before;
    2 more hours till the best actress ive ever worked with blows you all away 8pm #eastenders
    for everyone asking who is asking what actress lindsey coulsen!

Granted he spelt the name wrong, but i though these where nice tweets of him to send :)
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it's going to be very hard-hitting tonight because binge drinking is such a common thing.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Devon sent a few nice tweets out before;

Granted he spelt the name wrong, but i though these where nice tweets of him to send :)

Awwww how sweet of him.
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    I have a feeling it's going to be very hard-hitting tonight because binge drinking is such a common thing.
    Yes it's going to be hard hittiing
    and it's something we hear about quite a lot so it's good EastEnders is doing this

30mins:D

Or 27 mins going by BBC standards:eek::D:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He dies?! Where have I been?! x
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You all seen the preview clip :(
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Didn't know this was written by Simon Ashdown. :) Should be another great episode of his then, looking forward to this tonight, and looking forward to seeing how Lyndsey Coulson get her teeth into a real story.
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know this was written by Simon Ashdown. :) Should be another great episode of his then, looking forward to this tonight, and looking forward to seeing how Lyndsey Coulson get her teeth into a real story.

Tonight will be the start of Bryan's EE era. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Donna2010 wrote: »

Yep poor Carol in such shock :(
  • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donna2010 wrote: »

Yes :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Aww Devons twitter background is the jackson family all those years ago!
    & Bless him, his predictive text is making him spell Lyndseys name wrong