Options

is the recast of Ben Mitchell for real?

SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I couldnt help but laugh my ass off when he walked in the room, the producers must think we are thick, how are we surposed to think this is the same lad

Comments

• Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    I couldnt help but laugh my ass off when he walked in the room, the producers must think we are thick, how are we surposed to think this is the same lad

Well I suppose at least he has glasses and looks grumpy as fcuk...
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly my sentiments over this or any "recast".
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sad the last Ben left because i like him but i think you are being childish.

Its only a recast.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

What were you expecting? A clone? He was bound to look different.

The last Ben got mocked into oblivion on here. Poor lad. He wasn't the world's greatest actor, and they had plans for the character, so a recast was inevitable. They probably should've waited longer, but honestly - criticise the old Ben and then criticize them for replacing him? I would've thought the most important thing is whether he can carry a story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What were you expecting? A clone? He was bound to look different.

The last Ben got mocked into oblivion on here. Poor lad. He wasn't the world's greatest actor, and they had plans for the character, so a recast was inevitable. They probably should've waited longer, but honestly - criticise the old Ben and then criticize them for replacing him? I would've thought the most important thing is whether he can carry a story.

The producers obviously can't. People don't change in to other people. Simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor who played Ben was a perfectly serviceable actor for his age on Eastenders.

It was the character that some people found cringeworthy and they mistook that for being the actor who was bad.

The best thing might have been to let the character go.

Either keep a character or let them go. Don't change the actor who plays them!:eek: Thats just stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might have been time to recast him.. But the guy is way too old, I'm not sure of his actual age but I'm supposed to be two years older than Ben but this guy looks possibly about the same older than me? I don't understand how they're gonna get away with him being in the same year as Abi Branning
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he looks like the love child of david walliams and alan carr.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Were you excepting his twin?
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers obviously can't. People don't change in to other people. Simple.

It's TV, not real life so anything can happen.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Recast's do happen. it's away of TV - get over it.
  • Options
    RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he looks 17-18
    like a six year jump in six months
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    He feels like a mitchell now, he really is the son of Phil now.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Recast's do happen. it's away of TV - get over it.

This!
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    He feels like a mitchell now, he really is the son of Phil now.

Oh how dull...

The wonderful thing about their relationship was how different they were. I'm not interested in a Phil clone... it's just boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly my sentiments over this or any "recast".

Why do you insist on using quotation marks around the word recast? You seem to be casting doubt over whether it's actually a recast. It's a recast. You don't need quotes because that's what it is.

And you've clearly missed the point of a recast. You aren't supposed to be tricked into thinking it's the same actor. You're supposed to be believe it's the same character.
  • Options
    JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Ben doesn't seem like the dancing type, liked that about the old one and Phil being against it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Oh how dull...

The wonderful thing about their relationship was how different they were. I'm not interested in a Phil clone... it's just boring.

We all become our parents tho, don't we?
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do mind his look. It's the complete personality change that was awful.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    We all become our parents tho, don't we?

I don't know, do we? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keep in mind he's been in prison for how many months? + he was starting to stand up to his family when he was going inside - so it is possible, he simply, grew up.
  • Options
    Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Oh how dull...

It's yet another one of Kirkwood's fails. Both Kate Harwood and Diederick Santer spent the best part of five years making Ben anything but a typical Mitchell. It takes Bryan Kirkwood one episode to ruin all their hard work. It's just a kick in the face to long term viewers. The disregard and disrespect the current EP has for viewers is just something else.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the recast is that bad. I know several boys in my school year who look completely different to when they were younger. It does look like him but in a few years. The Old Ben didn't look 14 at all but this one could pass for 15 easily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason, wrote: »
    It's yet another one of Kirkwood's fails. Both Kate Harwood and Diederick Santer spent the best part of five years making Ben anything but a typical Mitchell. It takes Bryan Kirkwood one episode to ruin all their hard work. It's just a kick in the face to long term viewers. The disregard and disrespect the current EP has for viewers is just something else.

And look at how popular the old Ben was - he wasn't.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not liking the insinuation, that...spending time in youth offenders will knock the 'gay' out of you. There is no way that 'soft' Ben would have hit his father...absolutely no way. More ridiculous stuff from the former number 1 soap.