The Sun's front page tomorrow is absolutely ludicrous (debates)

Comments

• Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Fraser Nelson was spot on. Miliband could have won the election tonight if he'd landed a knock-out blow. He didn't. Cameron had to dodge any such blow, and he didn't need to.

As such Cameron succeeded and Miliband failed.

I cannot support a labour leader who sat in cabinet with another MP who was under suspicion of child abuse, he like the others said nothing, just like he has kept quiet over Rotherham, Rochdale and now I know he must be aware of allegations of historical child abuse within councils such as Tower Hamlets, Burnley and up in Scotland Fife and Edinburgh along with Midlothian allegations have been made about children being abused in council care, I know he knows because one of his own shadow cabinet members is angry about his silence and inaction.

He will not kick out the pedos within the party.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Fraser Nelson was spot on. Miliband could have won the election tonight if he'd landed a knock-out blow. He didn't. Cameron had to dodge any such blow, and he didn't need to.

As such Cameron succeeded and Miliband failed.

That's why Lynton wanted a 7 way.
    It happened a few times Miliband and Cameron finally started and either bloody Bennet or Farage would interject and Julie would shut the entire thing off.It happened to both leaders.

4 leaders I think could have worked, 7 was just migraine inducing Nelson loves being selective getting any opinion counted in that mess tonight was a victory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot support a labour leader who sat in cabinet with another MP who was under suspicion of child abuse, he like the others said nothing, just like he has kept quiet over Rotherham, Rochdale and now I know he must be aware of allegations of historical child abuse within councils such as Tower Hamlets, Burnley and up in Scotland Fife and Edinburgh along with Midlothian allegations have been made about children being abused in council care, I know he knows because one of his own shadow cabinet members is angry about his silence and inaction.

He will not kick out the pedos within the party.

What about a Tory leader who has paid tribute to a former Tory Cabinet Minister accused of child abuse?
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Speechless...... Miliband neck and neck with Cameron in all polls bar one and came FIRST in one... Sun leads with this:

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/583754516648087552

Pathetic.... Unbelievable!

D E S P E R A T I ON
    I did actually predict very very dirty tactics as the Tories hopes diminish, and the graphs would certainly be mirror images, as their chances go down the dirtiness will increase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a Tory leader who has paid tribute to a former Tory Cabinet Minister accused of child abuse?

My opinion remains the same, if I was a Tory I could not support a leader who appeared to support a child abuser.

Name and shame regardless of party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D E S P E R A T I ON
    I did actually predict very very dirty tactics as the Tories hopes diminish, and the graphs would certainly be mirror images, as their chances go down the dirtiness will increase.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 😝

And now for my prediction, The Sun will be printed tomorrow.😝
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is almost zero chance of a Conservative led government this May, the vested interests who "own" the Conservative Party are getting very concerned.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My opinion remains the same, if I was a Tory I could not support a leader who appeared to support a child abuser.

You've got the Hollie Greig scandal with the SNP, and Cyril Smith with the Lib Dems, so it seems nobody's innocent...
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    There is almost zero chance of a Conservative led government this May

Come on, you know that's not true.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the wrong brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    You've got the Hollie Greig scandal with the SNP, and Cyril Smith with the Lib Dems, so it seems nobody's innocent...

Oh Hollie Greig is a rather hot potato, Salmond needs to come clean about his involvement in the cover up, child abuse is something the establishment are guilty of from politicians to Royals, from cop to celebrities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Therefore you would not support Cameron because he has paid tribute to Leon Britain a suspected child abuser?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the wrong brother.

David would have ensured a labour government with a working majority, Ed has made a mess especially in Scotland, gave no support for Lamont, hates Murphy and yet when Labour are near anihilated in Scotland it will be Murphys fault.

The only MP Millibland has any time for is Tom Watson but we know why because he does not want the Watson witch hunt to focus on milliblands inner circle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Therefore you would not support Cameron because he has paid tribute to Leon Britain a suspected child abuser?

Correct, regardless of party I could not support a leader who praises/ ignores child abusers.

Call me old fashioned but child abusers dead or alive should have their achievements/life/reputations trashed,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the wrong brother.

All His problems (recent) stem from the fact they got the Scottish plan wrong.
    Cameron is PM he should have debated Salmond one on one. I remember that night seeing Darling Standing there and having the bedroom tax slapped around his face it was complete and total madness.

Whoever dreamed up this idea of working with the Tories they simply weren't needed and what happened? the moment they won Cameron threw them under a bus. On the Scottish problem labour have they walked right into it.

Milibands just lucky a lot of people here in Wales don't like Wood. They are trying like mad to take this seat she's here nearly every week trying to woo labour voters. So far labour are a no show. All I had was on flyer saying "vote labour" and plaid are bloody knocking the door more than the God Squad.

The longer problem when he first became leader he made such a point of making Enemies with all the press there was no way that would end well. This isn't even just party Bias they utterly loath him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct, regardless of party I could not support a leader who praises/ ignores child abusers.

Call me old fashioned but child abusers dead or alive should have their achievements/life/reputations trashed,

Yes Cameron has ignored the fact that peadophiles have been rife and perhaps still are in his party.
    Makes you wonder how people can voice support for such people on forums etc....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Cameron is PM he should have debated Salmond one on one. I remember that night seeing Darling Standing there and having the bedroom tax slapped around his face it was complete and total madness.

Whoever dreamed up this idea of working with the Tories they simply weren't needed and what happened? the moment they won Cameron threw them under a bus. On the Scottish problem labour have they walked right into it.

Milibands just lucky a lot of people here in Wales don't like Wood. They are trying like mad to take this seat she's here nearly every week trying to woo labour voters. So far labour are a no show. All I had was on flyer saying "vote labour" and plaid are bloody knocking the door more than the God Squad.

The longer problem when he first became leader he made such a point of making Enemies with all the press there was no way that would end well. This isn't even just party Bias they utterly loath him

So Oathy is Plaid in need of a leader who can do what Sturgeon has in Scotland, ramp up support for her party while engaging in debate, I know a Tory supporting mate in Scotland is intending to vote SNP purely because he despises the Labour MP, could that happen in Wales?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Oathy is Plaid in need of a leader who can do what Sturgeon has in Scotland, ramp up support for her party while engaging in debate, I know a Tory supporting mate in Scotland is intending to vote SNP purely because he despises the Labour MP, could that happen in Wales?

I do think If they got the right leader who could inspire and make people think "can we do better" labour would have a serious problem.

I'd be lying if I said plaid hold more policies I agree with than labour
    I don't like the Candidate or wood. And because of the dealings with the NHS in England I have that's number 1 issue. Carwyn Jones is another one that needs to vanish the guy is bloody useless
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

Cameron couldn't vote so there was no point debating Salmond. not that he would have as that was playing into Salmond's hands. Darling killed Salmond in the first debate with the currency question.

Miliband just looks and acts weird and people still remember Labour wrecking the economy. It's difficult to imagine someone like him as a PM. He just seems weak and not made of tough enough stuff.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see you're as open minded as ever, innocent until proven guilty or dead so they can't sue. Stay classy.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    People who aren't intelligent enough to form their own?
    Yes, some who also have similar values as the Sun and just want to read anything that gives them ammunition to justify that opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    I see you're as open minded as ever, innocent until proven guilty or dead so they can't sue. Stay classy.

No I was agreeing with SJR that he should consistent when it comes to judging all parties for the same thing.
    I haven't said anyone is guilty of child abuse - Of course you can construe in your own mind what you think somebody might have said to suit your own agenda :)
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I was agreeing with SJR that he should consistent when it comes to judging all parties for the same thing.
    I haven't said anyone is guilty of child abuse - Of course you can construe in your own mind what you think somebody might have said to suit your own agenda :)

For someone with an open mind you don't half go on about it.

"Agenda" buzzword #4 for conspiracy theorists. *rolleyes*
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Cameron has ignored the fact that peadophiles have been rife and perhaps still are in his party.
    Makes you wonder how people can voice support for such people on forums etc....

OOPS.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/27/article-2253929-16AB802A000005DC-835_634x509.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_kSmRZUcAIMMXe.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984529/Cabinet-office-child-abuse-cover-MoS-beats-attempt-No10-gag-VIP-file-shows-Thatcher-knew-paedophile-MP-Cyril-Smith.html
    Downing Street tried to block release of files exposing scale of cover-up
    Cabinet Office only caved in after being threatened with High Court Action
    Papers expose how much Establishment knew about Cyril Smith's abuse
    Margaret Thatcher was told police had probed claims he abused teenagers
    She was warned that handing him knighthood risked damaging 'integrity of the honours system' - but went ahead anyway

Shhhh or the thought police will be around to edit that bit of history.

;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with Fraser Nelson's point that Miliband landing a 'knock-out' blow to Cameron could have won him the election. I think last time out we already saw how limited the political impact of the debates were, when the Liberal Democrats' vote share actually declined, despite how well Clegg did in the debates. Realistically, in a week or so's time many would have forgotten about debates which most people didn't even watch.

What I think is more concerning for Miliband, is Labour's inability to stretch out a significant lead over the Conservatives, which by now you'd expect to start to see happening. Rather, the polls are either showing the parties' level-pegging, or a small Conservative lead. Miliband has to hope that in the marginals there is enough discontent towards the government - that Lord Ashcroft's polls have previously shown [although I don't know the details of the very recent polling he's done] - that leads people towards' Labour. Another issue of concern is the SNP - Labour, like in the North have taken Scotland for granted, and like in every situation where the political choices become 'who is the least sh*t', once a viable alternative pops up that inspires people, political earthquakes occur, and neither Miliband or Murphy are no competition for Sturgeon.

As for the Sun; well this is to be expected - they're the ones who came up with that front page about Osborne after the final budget, after all. What could be more of a problem for Labour, is the newspaper's ability - despite their declining influence, to create a negative narrative surrounding Miliband, although the influence of The Sun and co. is far more limited than it's ever been. One thing's for sure; I think the Conservatives' in the long-time will find it far harder to be a successful political force than Labour will. The Conservative brand, is still very much damaged - whereas, rather surprisingly a lot of Labour's issues are related towards the two Eds than anything else. A simple leadership change could reduce a lot of their issues.