Cameron doesn't know what the Living Wage is

2»

Comments

• Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The Labour SICK thread isn't about, or personally attacking one individual. If there was an equally demeaning thread about Miliband, that too would rightly get closed down.

That's not what it looks like for anyone looking at the thread title.
  • BillyJamesTBillyJamesT Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched it, a girl asks if he could live on minimum wage, the host asks if he knew what the minimum wage was, he didn't have a clue.

If this clown gets a second term, I'd remove my consent to being governed.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    You are missing the point. If you are so sure that chaos will occur with a minority Labour government, why do you think it's OK for Cameron to ignore questions about a minority Conservative government?

Why would a minority Labour government lead to more chaos than a minority Conservative one? And if Cameron has a good answer for that, he should give it, not dodge it.

I think the real difference is that a minority Tory Government wouldn't be held "to ransom" by one Nationalist party. Sure, the DUP would ask for concessions which very likely they would get, but with Labour the demands from SNP, then of course Plaid Cymru, then any other party who felt they were getting an unfair deal, would all be asking for similar privileges that Scotland was getting. Why wouldn't they?

Perhaps he didn't answer because he genuinely didn't know what would happen or who he would work with? Or because like Ed Miliband, just uses the "but we're still going for a majority" line.

In honesty, I wish ALL politicians would just answer questions. From ALL parties.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    In honesty, I wish ALL politicians would just answer questions. From ALL parties.

I agree all parties are guilty of this and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with hearing "Well what we want is a majority" from Labour and "All we need is 23 seats for a majority" from the Tories. We know what you want, let's be honest it's unlikely any of you are getting what you want.

Even when the question begins with "we know that you want a majority BUT" the response is always "well we want a majority".

Do they think people are stupid or do they have that little respect for the people they want to vote for them?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree all parties are guilty of this and I am becoming increasingly frustrated with hearing "Well what we want is a majority" from Labour and "All we need is 23 seats for a majority" from the Tories. We know what you want, let's be honest it's unlikely any of you are getting what you want.

Even when the question begins with "we know that you want a majority BUT" the response is always "well we want a majority".

Do they think people are stupid or do they have that little respect for the people they want to vote for them?

The Tory response is cringeworthy though. As a Tory voter even I know that once parliament has been dissolved, you actually need 326 seats for a majority! Like you say, why do they think we're idiots? Perhaps they should realise that if only they were more honest then voters might not be turning away from choosing them as their choice of Government!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    The Tory response is cringeworthy though. As a Tory voter even I know that once parliament has been dissolved, you actually need 326 seats for a majority! Like you say, why do they think we're idiots? Perhaps they should realise that if only they were more honest then voters might not be turning away from choosing them as their choice of Government!

I think all they need to do is be a little more honest. I understand the fear that if they give every cut they 'have' to make, they'll be even more screwed but I find it astonishing that they want to cut £12bn from some of the poorest and most needy in society with their welfare cuts but refuse to tell us exactly where that comes from (unless they now have and I haven't read it) for example. Just the tiniest amount of honesty would do me lol.
This discussion has been closed.