Samsung D600 (merged)

swiftymeswiftyme Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
After telling 02 where to shove their contract, i'm looking at getting a D600 or Z500 on Vodafone.
Which one to get, where can i get them (inparticular D600) on vodafone contract? the vodafone site doesn't have them on there.
Cheers
David

Comments

• jagger2kjagger2k Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if i was you ad go back to o2, vodafone and all other network except o2 and virgin brand their phones and restrict certain features.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    The D600 is available on the Vodafone and O2 network from Carphone Warehouse, but at the moment is showing “out of stock”, as for the Z500 that’s a phone to go for if you want to use the 3g services on Vodafone, otherwise the D600 on paper at least seems to be a pretty hard phone to beat function and design wise.

But beware quite a few websites about the D600 are quoting in the specifications that it has Voice recognition (Voice dialling, Voice answering etc), this is not true I have been through the online manual for the phone on the Samsung website and it dose not mention Voice recognition
  • jagger2kjagger2k Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    go for the w800i is a better choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Got it from Carphone Warehouse (Sim free), impressive hardware all-round but there is no Voice recognition, which some Internet sites have been quoting in the specifications. Also there is something called “sonic wellness” (accessed by going to file manger then music) it’s Four Separate light & music shows but I have no idea what it does for the phone, can’t be screen saver as it plays music, nor can it be set as Video caller ID, User Guide makes no mention of it either. Software and cable came with and the TV Connection cable, getting a TransFlash card for it as the cable takes long to transfer mp3's so the card should make it a faster process.