Options

Magic Melanie McCabe

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent, Melanie is more determined then ever she really wants this.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to seeing Melanie again. Nicole got it right in her critique, effortless and controlled. Jade and Amy had no spark, they're coming back year on year and making the same mistakes, I expected to be just as unimpressed with Melanie but there was something different about her this year, maybe it could be her year.

Problem in previous years is that her vocal tone is not particularly remarkable, weak song choices, nothing about her stood out. She's getting a better edit this year and she does seem more confident than she used to. Everything about her, vocal, personality and image, seemed simple, understated but assured. Best of luck to her, I think she's finally in with a shot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Melanie might have been reading this forum in regards to learning that less can be more. This is the first time we have ever heard her sing a soft song. I am so excited I really hope there is more of this to come.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is beautiful I've been wanting her to make the live shows for ages now. This has to be her year maybe she can win.
  • Options
    SimbaY2K+4SimbaY2K+4 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is brilliant but after four years of trying I wouldn't want her to make Top 12 and go out Wk1 like Carolynne. That would be upsetting
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie is amazing, she gets better every year. I really really hope she makes the live shows this year, it would suck for her to be let down again. Very cruel if they take her to judges houses only to reject her again.

IMO people are harsh to say she is desperate, she's a young girl with a huge dream and of course its so difficult to get a record deal. When you've come so close like Melanie has to reach the live shows, I can understand why part of her doesn't want to give up. Most people if not everybody has/or has had a dream in their lives, trying your best to achieve it doesn't make you desperate. I admire Melanie for her sheer determination and imo the least she deserves is a chance in the live shows, she's been improving each year and I think she is really ready for it this time around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    She won't end up like carolynne if we all vote! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Melanie is amazing, she gets better every year. I really really hope she makes the live shows this year, it would suck for her to be let down again. Very cruel if they take her to judges houses only to reject her again.

IMO people are harsh to say she is desperate, she's a young girl with a huge dream and of course its so difficult to get a record deal. When you've come so close like Melanie has to reach the live shows, I can understand why part of her doesn't want to give up. Most people if not everybody has/or has had a dream in their lives, trying your best to achieve it doesn't make you desperate. I admire Melanie for her sheer determination and imo the least she deserves is a chance in the live shows, she's been improving each year and I think she is really ready for it this time around.

^^^ This ^^^
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Brilliant post. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you. This has to be one of the best posts regarding Melanie and her determination.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a feeling she could do well on the live shows. We've only ever seen her in auditions for the last three years but actually performing on TV with a full stage show could bring out the best in her.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    I prefer to see new talent rather than those who have been on 4 times before. Okay voice, but that's about it.

Nothing special, seen it all before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I've a feeling she could do well on the live shows. We've only ever seen her in auditions for the last three years but actually performing on TV with a full stage show could bring out the best in her.

She has improved every year also.. and people forget she is only 19....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has improved every year also.. and people forget she is only 19....

And probably the main thing going for her is that her tuning is superb. I don't think we've ever heard her going offkey.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ This ^^^
    JustArun wrote: »
    Brilliant post. :)
    Thank you. This has to be one of the best posts regarding Melanie and her determination.

Thank you all, I'm glad there are people who agree. :)

I think its a poor state of affairs when other people feel the need to criticise a young person for not giving up on their dream and doing their best to make something of their life.
    Imo there are people who are too quick to put a downer on someone who is actually making the effort to achieve something worthwhile, anyone would think trying hard is a bad thing. At least she's not sitting on her arse doing nothing. Melanie's determination is nothing but positive and could encourage others to do the same, even if its not related to music it shows people that if you never give up you can achieve anything. Besides I feel that if there were other contestants on the show who were worth showing over Melanie then she would have been shelved to Xtra Factor, I'm guessing she is more prominent in this series so its no surprise that she is getting main show coverage. I for one would love to see more of her and watch her progress into the live shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member

I think its a poor state of affairs when other people feel the need to criticise a young person for not giving up on their dream and doing their best to make something of their life.
    Imo there are people who are too quick to put a downer on someone who is actually making the effort to achieve something worthwhile, anyone would think trying hard is a bad thing. At least she's not sitting on her arse doing nothing. Melanie's determination is nothing but positive and could encourage others to do the same, even if its not related to music it shows people that if you never give up you can achieve anything. Besides I feel that if there were other contestants on the show who were worth showing over Melanie then she would have been shelved to Xtra Factor, I'm guessing she is more prominent in this series so its no surprise that she is getting main show coverage. I for one would love to see more of her and watch her progress into the live shows.

THANK YOU, OH WISE POSTER! I agree with you on every point you've made, it's a shame to see people bringing her down when she is so determined to do well, surely that's a quality that should be respected and not bashed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Melanie hit the nail on the head in her VT about there being a lot of No's in this industry she has a good head on her shoulders, the lucky ones in this industry are the unlucky ones that get up after that have been knocked down and come back better than ever each time. Tonight was her best performance on the show to date we are seeing the real Melanie this year very understated less is more and it is showing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie hit the nail on the head in her VT about there being a lot of No's in this industry she has a good head on her shoulders, the lucky ones in this industry are the unlucky ones that get up after that have been knocked down and come back better than ever each time. Tonight was her best performance on the show to date we are seeing the real Melanie this year very understated less is more and it is showing.

Many of the most famous singers in history received rejection after rejection and it often took them years to make the breakthrough into the music business.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything Melanie auditioning as much as she has made her stronger. She's been knocked back so many times and she's got back up again each time. She's not giving up she's really determined .
    Her voice is so beautiful I've been wanted her in the live shows for ages. Now it seems like it's her time , she seems like she has worked very hard to do whatever it takes to make it to the live shows.
    Her getting to the live shows at Kelly probably made her see she did have potential and is capable of reaching there again and doing better. I reckon she could be the dark horse of the competition if she gets to the live shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really admire Melanie. Obviously being from Dublin myself I am going to be rooting for her all the way, but this year feels different. To those who say she's nothing special; i'd like to hear you hit those notes. She's a sweet, innocent girl who may be branded as nothing special because she's not as "outrageous" shall we say as most stars are nowadays. It's about time we had someone quiet and shy with buckets of talent. I hope she makes it to the live shows...and I hope Ireland can vote this year.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've unashamedly been a huge fan since hearing the clips from her unseen 2011 full audition, so I was always likely to love her performance, but I really thought she was vastly better than anything she's done before now. I have to say, even though I've rooted for her for two years, in hindsight, her 2012 audition isn't really that great in parts, but this year was something else!

I really hope (and think) that this is her year, because she's really far to talented to let go once again. I know she's not going to be everyones cup of tea, and in my heart of hearts, I don't think she'll go onto win or anything, but I just want her to get a crack at the live shows. I think once she gets there, she's got a good chance of at least making it quite far and after that everything is a bonus! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Many of the most famous singers in history received rejection after rejection and it often took them years to make the breakthrough into the music business.

You need thick skin for this industry and after all these years of no's Melanie is going to keep growing.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's desperate if she hasn't shown improvement...

but i was pleasantly surprised there... sincerity and emotion > belting for belting's sake...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    it's desperate if she hasn't shown improvement...

but i was pleasantly surprised there... sincerity and emotion > belting for belting's sake...

Well said.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was average at best desperation should be her middle name never going to make it.