Collabro were put together by the producers

hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching them on This Morning today and one them mentioned how they didn't know each other apart from 2 of them and then said he said something about being put in a room together.

They were blatantly put together by the Producers and Simon Cowell and their win stinks of a fix.

Comments

• kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like we all knew anyway,one of them was on that find a Joeseph for the musical for weeks too.

It takes a very tacky kind of person to shovel the lies that they did,all struggling in dead end jobs,not knowing each other etc.They were together for ages before the audition it seems.

They will have one ok selling album,second will do less well and that will be it!
    They will most probably be signing a rip off contract with Sycho music,which gives them 5 percent or something equally as insulting..
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest : by the producers or friends of the producers.
  • stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant deny they can all sing though, and harmonise beautifully .

i love love them and would go to see them when they eventually do a tour .

ps yes ive seen at least two of them on other tv shows.
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Watching them on This Morning today and one them mentioned how they didn't know each other apart from 2 of them and then said he said something about being put in a room together.

They were blatantly put together by the Producers and Simon Cowell and their win stinks of a fix.

And? They still won because most people voted for them on the night. Personally, I couldn't care less if they were put together by Simon Cowell or the producers or anyone else. I would still have voted for them, because how they were put together doesn't detract from their talent.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »
    like we all knew anyway,one of them was on that find a Joeseph for the musical for weeks too.

It takes a very tacky kind of person to shovel the lies that they did,all struggling in dead end jobs,not knowing each other etc.They were together for ages before the audition it seems.

They will have one ok selling album,second will do less well and that will be it!
    They will most probably be signing a rip off contract with Sycho music,which gives them 5 percent or something equally as insulting..

May I please ask which member of Collobro was find Joseph?-thank you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »

Which one? I didn't remember any of them from it...
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl 2 wrote: »
    cant deny they can all sing though, and harmonise beautifully .

i love love them and would go to see them when they eventually do a tour .

ps yes ive seen at least two of them on other tv shows.

may I ask is if you recall which tv shows please can you tell me thank you
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    May I please ask which member of Collobro was find Joseph?-thank you

I certainly do not remember any of them being in Joseph, they were definitely not in the final 12.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More entirely true scoops!

Paddy (of Paddy and Nico) was actually a glove puppet operated by Nico.
    Simon Cowel decided Nico should speak with an accent, in reality Nico is from Birmingham.

The magician, Darcy, was all CGI. Paul Daniels was wearing a motion capture suit off stage.

The rapping kids were Polish midgets miming to the singing of Peter Andre.

Lettice Rowbotham's real name is Cabbage Patch-Kids.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know somebody who used to be close with one of them and they weren't put together by the show. :P
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    And? They still won because most people voted for them on the night. Personally I couldn't care less if they were put together by Simon Cowell or the producers or anyone else. I would still have voted for them, because how they were put together doesn't detract from their talent.

Exactly! They got 26/% of the votes, the public liked them but there is always someone who will criticise and find reasons why they should have not won.I wonder if the OP voted?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AFAIK they weren't put together by producers, two of them were together then posted an ad on facebook for more members or something like that
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

Simon Cowel decided Nico should speak with an accent, in reality Nico is from Birmingham.

The magician, Darcy, was all CGI. Paul Daniels was wearing a motion capture suit off stage.

I like you :)

Anyway, One Direction were put together by the X-Factor producers so it's not like it's an entirely new concept.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    And? They still won because most people voted for them on the night. Personally, I couldn't care less if they were put together by Simon Cowell or the producers or anyone else. I would still have voted for them, because how they were put together doesn't detract from their talent.

But it goes against the spirit of what this competition is supposed to be about.

You'd like to feel secure in the know;edge that the performers actually auditioned to take part in the show in the manner that we are familiar with.
    Not find out that the show runners actually put the winning act together themselves.

How can you trust that?

It's like the organizer of a raffle set up for the lucky winner to win a cash prize pulls a name out of a hat to find out who won, then says "Oh look, it's me. Fancy that."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    But it goes against the spirit of what this competition is supposed to be about.

I voted for Collabro but would agree with your comment if there were proof.

Are you saying that all the interviews of Collabro saying they got together over social media are wrong? Surely the first time they could have met the producers was at the auditions themselves?

I most certainly have my eyes open when it comes to BGT and how the acts and judges' comments are chosen. I know that shots both during the show and post-production are not shot in order and are the production of good editing.

Despite all of this, I don't think that Collabro were put together by the producers. The story of them coming together because of the show would have been a fabulous one to create during the series.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

LOVE it! :D

I like Collabro a lot, look forward to buying their first album. I'm not naive enough to believe everything is as it appears on these types of TV shows, I'm sure there are all kinds of behind the scenes machinations.

However, on the day, Collabro entertained me the most, so I was happy they won, whatever their roots are.

xx
  • RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »

This article explains how the group was formed. It would seem that the room they were referring to was in a pub. I don't think it was a fix.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussJ wrote: »
    This article explains how the group was formed. It would seem that the room they were referring to was in a pub. I don't think it was a fix.

They seem way too polished for a self formed group though.......did the two original guys create the group with the first three people who showed up in the pub?
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one from Brighton (or around that area anyway) auditioned as a soloist
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For vocal harmony groups I think a bit of being put together ('manufactured') can lead to good music. There are quite a few groups who apply for X Factor with one or more members who are there just because they are mates/relatives with the others. And it shows, their harmonies aren't as good. Getting a record contract via a public vote, as in the case of Little Mix, seems to me more democratic than an act that gets thrust upon us by the record industry.

I really don't like it when the producers of a show get too involved. Scouting for talent on Youtube is one thing but forming a group or coaching them prior to auditions I'm not here for.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I do not doubt they were put together for a second, unfortunately though it will never be revealed as simon cowell and his people silence everyone with money!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's like the organizer of a raffle set up for the lucky winner to win a cash prize pulls a name out of a hat to find out who won, then says "Oh look, it's me. Fancy that."

It's not like that at all. It's like them organising a raffle, entering it themselves, getting someone else to do the draw and them winning. You seem to forget that the public voted for them because they felt they were the best act and deserved to win. End of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    why is everyone so convinced this is rigged? I did community level a cappella for years and putting something together quickly was common. I do think they advertised and collected their members as advertised. I do think that some vocal coach or mentor may have worked with them, but I'd bet it was a BGT outsider.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been whispers of all these shows being fixed.

Do you really thing these producer types are gonna run the risk of have the masses actually vote for an act?.

These shows are just publicity for a pre-determined act.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    There's been whispers of all these shows being fixed.

Do you really thing these producer types are gonna run the risk of have the masses actually vote for an act?.

These shows are just publicity for a pre-determined act.....

Yes they th>:(ink we are all stupid and thick - they are thick for thinking we wouldn't notice their indiscretions! >:(