TV Sound to Surround Sound - Help Needed

Hi All

I am trying to connect my Digihome Tv to my surround sound system using the red and white phono cables going out of the tv audio out socket and into the AV in on the surround sound. I can't seem to get the sound to get the sound to get to the surround sound system.

Any help is greatley appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One obvious thing is to make absolutely sure you're connecting to the TV audio audio out and the surround sound audio in and not the other way round - it's very easy to get this wrong.

If you give your equipment details (make and model number) it's much easier to help.
  • NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't seem to get the sound to get the sound to get to the surround sound system.

Too many "get the sounds" in there?

Answer - select the correct input on the home cinema to hear the TV audio rather than the inbuilt DVD audio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I have selected audio output on the tv and are using the av in on the surround system.

The Tv is a Digihome 32 inch TV and the surround system is an LG DV2000ST DVD/VCR combi surround system.

Thanks
  • NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have selected audio output on the tv and are using the av in on the surround system.

The Tv is a Digihome 32 inch TV and the surround system is an LG DV2000ST DVD/VCR combi surround system.

Thanks

AV in would normally equate to scart input. Reading through the manual for this piece of kit (which makes absolutely no mention of it even being capable of handling audio input except via optical) it appears that AV can be used to indicate that the source can be either scart input or the composite/audio inputs on the front panel. However, these are only referred to in terms of feeding an external signal to the VCR for recording - not for outputting the audio to the speakers.

Perhaps you have to press the AV button on the remote twice to toggle between the two of them?