Anyone got a Sling Catcher?

Hi,

I've currently got a Slingbox hooked up to my Sky Box. And I access this on my Mac and my iPhone. It's perfect for when I'm away from home.

However, I'm looking into setting something up for watching TV in the bedroom. I have an AV sender at present and it works OK but it can be very fiddly and is prone to a lot of interference.

Drilling holes for an aeriel is not feasible and multi-room doesn't seem worthwhile since only one TV tends to be on at one time.

So I'm now looking at getting a Slingcatcher. Ideally, I'd want this to be on all the time, just broadcasting the same picture from the lounge as I like the TV to wake me up in the morning.

I'd like to know how this would affect viewing TV on my phone or Mac.

It's impossible to watch Slingplayer on the Mac and the iPhone at the same time but can I use Slingplayer on my phone/mac if the Slingcatcher is already receiving pictures? I don't want it to disconnect the Slingcatcher just by launching the Slingplayer.

Does anyone have experiences of SlingCatcher? Any good?

Comments

• jasperjonesjasperjones Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    It's impossible to watch Slingplayer on the Mac and the iPhone at the same time but can I use Slingplayer on my phone/mac if the Slingcatcher is already receiving pictures? I don't want it to disconnect the Slingcatcher just by launching the Slingplayer.
    No its the same with the Slingcatcher.
    Watching it from the bedroom,on your LAN the picture will be ok,better than a video sender.But you are going to have to run a cat5 cable,to it or get a SlingLink (homeplug).
    The only problem i can think of is the price of the setup