Samsung TVs & iPlayer / Lovefilm

According to this report in last Saturday's Telegraph Samsung launched its extended TV widgets service - featuring BBC iPlayer, Lovefilm and Skype - at an event on Tuesday night.

So where are the new widgets then?

I've checked the Widgets Gallery on my @Internet service and there's still the same old useless ones there. There's no new firmware update available on the support site either.

Perhaps the Samsung UK team are still nursing hangovers from the party and just haven't got around to it?

One thing's for sure: it's bl**dy annoying when TV manufacturers say their wanting to move into an ongoing relationship with customers, by providing services such as these, yet they can't shake off that manufacturer mentality that once you've bought the set, game over.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean with the game over feeling. Ive been waiting for all this extra content library content which is supposed to be available in the downloads section of the samsung site according to the instuction manual, but seems to be non existent.
    By the looks of things these new widgets that they are calling Apps are only available on the new 3Dtv's.
    Also I want to contact Samsumg regarding an issue of my LED turning itself off and on again at midnight each night while watching, but the UK support seem to have dissabled the option to email and can only be contacted between 9am-6pm which is no good as im at work bewteen those hours.
  • gonefishingonefishin Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    By the looks of things these new widgets that they are calling Apps are only available on the new 3Dtv's.

If that's the case, how short sighted. I'm not remotely interested in 3D TV - good telly, sometimes in HD - is enough for me.