do you think the pyramids in egypt are proof aliens exist?

Comments

• stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Uhuh.

TBH, I don't know enough about the way they were constructed to know if that'd be feasible.
    You'd expect that the pyramids would have to be built in "layers" for that to really be useful.

Kinda like the ramp at Masada though, you can't ignore what can be achieved with simple hard-labour.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find that they built huge earth-ramps up, say, part of the completed pyramids in order to deliver the blocks to the people who were actually fitting them into place or summat.

Yep. An organised labour force and a good knowledge of construction techniques
  • yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Nope, it's definitely a case of wanting..."need" drives the acquisition of skill or knowledge ;)

...after all, of our species - only one individual, Dr Doolittle, ever wanted to speak to the animals...! :p

er and why wouldnt they be able to? there is no reason watssoever why aliens wouldnt be able to communicate with humans. aliens are out of this world, you cant compare their relationship to us with our relationship to animals we are on the same world

and anyway im sure billions of people want to speak to animals, i do
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mmmm, *taps nose*.
    Alien knowledge though Star. Keep with the programme :D
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I don't know enough about the way they were constructed to know if that'd be feasible.
    You'd expect that the pyramids would have to be built in "layers" for that to really be useful

It was ;) 210 of them! :Dhttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2skIeFBr7p7sEzn7DVsQRbTC4sBLG1KHQqkOt-xHnxm2U_-SBmw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Mmmm, *taps nose*.
    Alien knowledge though Star. Keep with the programme :D

If we ever meet up, Joni.................I'll nick your baccy for that!:p
    Forum Member

if that was the simple why is it 1 of the 7 wonders of the world :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    er and why wouldnt they be able to? there is no reason watssoever why aliens wouldnt be able to communicate with humans. aliens are out of this world, you cant compare their relationship to us with our relationship to animals we are on the same world

Many people do, there's proof.

Just a shame they don't reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we ever meet up, Joni.................I'll nick your baccy for that!:p

You can have me e-cigs, they're not working :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not? ;) Not THAT many centuries ago, we treated other men like animals...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq9Xf_v24hUkUT8GLqqeIsyqDwsPVzUza1inqyq2I3mO8mr2OTtA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF9-GjSX4ghYFCF7hVvyh38lKaBaMCjpkVHn3f8DqetvyUkN2D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if that was the simple why is it 1 of the 7 wonders of the world :rolleyes:

Yes but Yaps, so was a garden on some guys roof.
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Without a doubt, it's probably being used as evidence as we speak.

In fact I've read I beliveialiensbuilt the pyramids.com. has increased its readership due to this very thread :D!

hey the link is broke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's probably a few fish want to speak to YOU :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hey the link is broke!

They're probably just updating your findings on it :)
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a Nile cruise about 10 years ago, not near the pyramids but saw a lot of what the they achieved.

Amazing.

But if you have enough manpower and a will to do something anything is possible.

On one excursion we went to see an obelisk, half finished, still half attached to the main bed of rock, because it cracked through during separation from the rock it was useless and abandoned.

It's quite a thing; nearly something great, half carved with hyroglphics (sp) and just left.

That day had to go down a bit of a bummer:p
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

See, that isn't as much of a joke as it was probably intended to be.

Thing is, if the pyramids were just solid structures it would be a piece of cake to build them (figuratively speaking). Just build one layer then start on the next. Rinse and repeat.

Given all the internal chambers and whatnot, I assume there must have been some good planning involved to put internal walls and floors in place and then build the exterior around them etc, always ensuring that the various bits can interlock with one another etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given all the internal chambers and whatnot, I assume there must have been some good planning involved to put internal walls and floors in place and then build the exterior around them etc, always ensuring that the various bits can interlock with one another etc

O certainly! ;) But again, they had had considerable practice with other, failed designs ;)
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    What would you all do if evidence of alien contact with humans, was discovered in this secret chamber?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would you all do if evidence of alien contact with humans, was discovered in this secret chamber?

Pick up the alien mobile phone and tweet everyone.
    Forum Member

Erm, make a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich then have a read about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eat my hat. I keep one on standby...http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=676&q=hat+cake&gbv=2&oq=hat+cake&aq=f&aqi=g9g-m1&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=img.12..0l9j0i5.2493.3646.0.5348.8.8.0.0.0.0.163.945.1j7.8.0.gWd2XBju1wc

...but I have a feeling it will be a tad mouldy by the time it's ever required for THIS! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Evaluate the evidence!

I have no problem in considering that the Universe (given the billions of stars in the Milky Way alone) is teeming with alien life although most of it is likely to be very elementary rather than sentient beings. However, I do not think there is any proof whatsoever that we have ever been visited by alien beings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    well aliens are highly intelligent, more intelligent than us humans, im sure they can speak american!

Well this thread has certainly proved that at least one person lacks basic intelligence that's for sure. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Ask them why they flew billions of miles across space, in advanced spacecraft capable of light speed or greater, made out of exotic materials, but when they got her just let the humans continue to build pyramids the way they were already learning to do through hundreds of years of trial and error probably.
    Forum Member
    Ask them why they flew billions of miles across space, in advanced spacecraft capable of light speed or greater, made out of exotic materials, but when they got her just let the humans continue to build pyramids the way they were already learning to do through hundreds of years of trial and error probably.

I can't help thinking that if any aliens did ever land here in ancient times they probably just got on with stealing some resource from our planet, repairing their spaceship or doing a bit of crafty anal probing and left us to build monuments in their honour by ourselves.

I mean, it's not like Spock or Yoda would have had much to talk about with people who were more keen on playing football with heads or worshipping cats as gods, is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you cant compare their relationship to us with our relationship to animals we are on the same world

And when the big orange pussycat with the bandoliers and gurt big gun comes down out of the spaceship, remember to ask the alien ambassador why his K'zin name translates as..."Speaker To Animals" ;)