DivX problem

ajaaja Posts: 1,477
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Samsung BDP 1500 sticks during the playback of DivX discs, regardless the brand of disc.

Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Comments

• pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the encode doesn't adhere strictly enough to the standards for decode. Computers are way more versatile.
  • LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s possible you may need to update the codecs on your pc, I had something similar a few years ago on a dvd/divx player, just search for codec packs suitable for your os.
  • meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aja wrote: »
    My Samsung BDP 1500 sticks during the playback of DivX discs, regardless the brand of disc.

Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Are you burning the DivX files to CD or DVD? Freezing and stuttering is quite common with video files burned to CD because on most standalone players the read speed is too slow (CD being designed for audio rather than video).
  • ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meltcity wrote: »
    Are you burning the DivX files to CD or DVD? Freezing and stuttering is quite common with video files burned to CD because on most standalone players the read speed is too slow (CD being designed for audio rather than video).

I'm burning them to DVD, using Nero 7.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Why not get a external hard drive and put the files on there?

My Samsung has no issues if utilised that way.
  • meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aja wrote: »
    I'm burning them to DVD, using Nero 7.

I had another thought: it could be a packed bitstream problem, which leads to playback glitches on standalone players that don't understand packed bitstream.

There is a utility called MPEG4 Modifier that identifies packed bitstream files and converts them to unpacked bitstream without reencoding. May be worth a try.