Options

Ellie Goulding to Re-release album as Halycon Days

13»

Comments

• Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is on course for number 1 this week, due to itunes lowering it to 4.99

iTunes has very little effect on album chart positions. Ellie's remix album "Run Into The Light" (think that's what it was called?) got very high on iTunes, but only charted officially at something like #198.

I'd love it to be number 1 though. It's a very deserving album. I love it.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bizarre I have spent a year with this album seeing it constantly go under the radar and now at last it's getting some recognition and the sales t deserves. It's just a shame about the repackage which lets the original down but overall well done Miss. Goulding.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    iTunes has very little effect on album chart positions. Ellie's remix album "Run Into The Light" (think that's what it was called?) got very high on iTunes, but only charted officially at something like #198.

I'd love it to be number 1 though. It's a very deserving album. I love it.

I know itunes has no effect, but it's been announced on the midweek update so it's true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know itunes has no effect, but it's been announced on the midweek update so it's true.

Well true enough for now Sunday is when we will no for certain if it has held ahead of GB :)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well its 5k copies ahead of gary apparently. i wouldn't say the album has constantly gone under the radar though, its only spent 4 weeks out of the top forty since its release in 2012.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of critical aacclaim it went mostly unrecognised through out 2013 in my opinion of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    In terms of critical aacclaim it went mostly unrecognised through out 2013 in my opinion of course.

so what critical acclaim has it suddenly received now then? forgive me, i thought were discussing her possible rise this week to the top spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    so what critical acclaim has it suddenly received now then? forgive me, i thought were discussing her possible rise this week to the top spot.

Look I simply meant that in my opinion short of remaining at the lower end of the charts and failing to garner critical acclaim throughout 2013 Ellie Goulding now seems to be flavour of the month with a possible chart rise and probable nominations at the Brits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look I simply meant that in my opinion short of remaining at the lower end of the charts and failing to garner critical acclaim throughout 2013 Ellie Goulding now seems to be flavour of the month with a possible chart rise and probable nominations at the Brits.

so you mean award nominations then? ok, but i still think the album sold pretty consistently throughout 2013.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just £4.99 on itunes, you can buy it on CD (along with free mp3 download) for that price on Amazon UK in their January sale right now and in HMV stores. Good value. It's a good album. Deserves to be number 1, imo.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit annoying when I paid 10.99 when it first came out lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so you mean award nominations then? ok, but i still think the album sold pretty consistently throughout 2013.

I agree but it was more sleeper hit than immediate smash. It was only in the latter half of last year and now that it has seen a sharp increase in sales and visibility amongst music fans. Whereas beforehand it was v much a sleep hit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree but it was more sleeper hit than immediate smash. It was only in the latter half of last year and now that it has seen a sharp increase in sales and visibility amongst music fans. Whereas beforehand it was v much a sleep hit.

yeah, the album has reached a new peak commercially in recent weeks and i see what you mean now in terms of critical acclaim after you elaborated for me. i hope she gets her #1 status for the album.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, the album has reached a new peak commercially in recent weeks and i see what you mean now in terms of critical acclaim after you elaborated for me. i hope she gets her #1 status for the album.:)

It's been an odd run it peaked at #2 dropped. Re-entered fluctuated whilst she even though had previous successes was very much on the periphery either you knew SE or YS. Now she is a mult platinum artist dominant Brit female at the moment with the critical acclaim following.

It's been a slog but she put the work in so hopefully another reward for her on Sunday :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been an odd run it peaked at #2 dropped. Re-entered fluctuated whilst she even though had previous successes was very much on the periphery either you knew SE or YS. Now she is a mult platinum artist dominant Brit female at the moment with the critical acclaim following.

It's been a slog but she put the work in so hopefully another reward for her on Sunday :).

i have to admit, i have a soft spot for ellie.:D i just thought the album was ticking along nicely, but the way it has played out in recent weeks has taken its success up a notch.

fair play to all the parties concerned, because the marketing for this record has been top notch and i agree, she has worked hard to promote the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think having just watched it from the beginning I've just seen it's trajectory increase across the entire year :). And whilst still bitter about the re-release it paid off so congrats to all concerned.