Camilla on ITT

hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
Forum Member
It was really lovely to see Camilla on ITT this evening. She has always been a fabulous dancer but what her 'best bits' showed was how much the costumes have deteriorated over the years.
Camillas ballroom dresses particularly were superb and the gentlemen almost always wore tail suits .... big sigh ....

Comments

• KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hilary2329 wrote: »
    It was really lovely to see Camilla on ITT this evening. She has always been a fabulous dancer but what her 'best bits' showed was how much the costumes have deteriorated over the years.
    Camillas ballroom dresses particularly were superb and the gentlemen almost always wore tail suits .... big sigh ....

She was like a breath of fresh air. It is nice to see other PROs doing this slot
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, those were the days. I can't make my mind up as to whether they want to appeal to younger people when designing the costumes or whether its just down to cost. You can't can't beat a full length ballroom dress with a well fitting set of tails.
  • AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camilla was always my favourite of the original pros. I do miss the pros from 06-08 era sometimes!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    She was like a breath of fresh air. It is nice to see other PROs doing this slot

Much better than Hardy who I just find very irritating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lovely to see Camilla back and she was very informative doing CC.

Enjoyed her Strictly highlights, nostalgia!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her having to follow Roger Black "all around Europe" to get some dance practice in as he hadn't the time because of his "day job."
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am afraid I'm in the minority lol. Yes it was great to see her but I couldn't stand her on the show. She always annoyed me for whatever reasons
  • Ann_DancerAnn_Dancer Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred her in Choreography Corner. She was far more informative than Karen who makes a big hoo ha when pointing out the patently obvious. And yes, strictly costumes were so much more elegant in Camilla's day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann_Dancer wrote: »
    I much preferred her in Choreography Corner. She was far more informative than Karen who makes a big hoo ha when pointing out the patently obvious. And yes, strictly costumes were so much more elegant in Camilla's day.

Ah! But those were the days when the BBC were throwing money at the show as they were chasing X-Factor's ratings level.

Now they've surpassed them, the "bean counters" will be looking for ways to save money.

That's why "second series" of dramas sometimes seem not as good, as the same thing happens there.

When you get to the "umpteenth series".........
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice to see her back but did not think she was very informative
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was actually quite a good judge on a SCD tour I saw too. Tom was hopeless but she was good.
  • JulessJuless Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I thought she was nicely understated compared to Karen, who is way OTT for me and makes me cringe!
  • Ms BabsMs Babs Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she just visiting or is she back living in the U.K. ?

I definitely think she's a contender for Len's replacement if she's back here permanently.

Last I heard she had just "qualified" as a life coach and had set up a practice in LA as living out there whilst husband ( sorry can't remember his name, ex Hollyoaks actor) was trying to crack Hollywood
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm in the minority here, didn't enjoy her on CC, could not stand her as a pro either, far too simpering and generally irritating, don't miss her on the show one bit.
  • ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Nice to see her, but preferred Neil and Chloe. Can't remember the points she made. Apart from the Sliding Doors demo with Zoe.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

I know exactly what you mean. The intro they've extended of Karen this year leaves me wanting to put my foot through the TV. She's so loud and OTT.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I am afraid I'm in the minority lol. Yes it was great to see her but I couldn't stand her on the show. She always annoyed me for whatever reasons
    I think the same
  • HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    She married Kevin Sacre (?) think they met on a dog training show :)
  • hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Ms Babs wrote: »
    Is she just visiting or is she back living in the U.K. ?

I definitely think she's a contender for Len's replacement if she's back here permanently.

Last I heard she had just "qualified" as a life coach and had set up a practice in LA as living out there whilst husband ( sorry can't remember his name, ex Hollyoaks actor) was trying to crack Hollywood

She and Ian Waite are doing a tour in the new year. Camilla and her husband have both relocated here for a few months.
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed seeing Camilla on ITT. She looked even better than she used to on Strictly - and I thought she looked fine on SCD !

Interesting and informative comments and lovely to have someone speaking in a normal tone of voice. What a refreshing change from the shrieking, gurning KH. I do wish they would keep inviting different Pros to do CC - I also enjoyed Neil and Chloe last week.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »

Oh so do I. I used to like her but she is so full of herself now. Here's hoping she doesn't replace Len, I would even rather have Anton than Karen.
  • magstangomagstango Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! But those were the days when the BBC were throwing money at the show as they were chasing X-Factor's ratings level.

Now they've surpassed them, the "bean counters" will be looking for ways to save money.
    etc.........

Agree that cost is an implication but also think 'class' isn't necessarily a matter of £'ssss. I too thought how much nicer the frocks were back then. Compared to the dress Lesley wore last weekend they were designer dresses to Lesley's Primark effort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magstango wrote: »
    Agree that cost is an implication but also think 'class' isn't necessarily a matter of £'ssss. I too thought how much nicer the frocks were back then. Compared to the dress Lesley wore last weekend they were designer dresses to Lesley's Primark effort.

I'd suggest they've fewer people in wardrobe now, so it's time constraints that dictate much of what is fabricated.

The technical term, "It'll do," springs to mind.
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see her again and what a refreshing change from Manic Hardy I missed her when she left and I agree the costumes were far superior back then. I don't like Ms Gill and her designs at all. Some of them have been absolute raspberries.In Camilla's day they were beautiful and relied on their cut and quality without having to smother them in bling
  • Ms BabsMs Babs Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She and Ian Waite are doing a tour in the new year. Camilla and her husband have both relocated here for a few months.

Thanks