Options

Camilla on ITT

Comments

• Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with previous poster - if she was available I think she would make an excellent judge.
  • Options
    LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I am afraid I'm in the minority lol. Yes it was great to see her but I couldn't stand her on the show. She always annoyed me for whatever reasons

Completely agree. I always found her extremely irritating and she never had a duff partner. I'm all for bringing in the old pros for CC but how about Erin, Lilia, Kristina?
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Completely agree. I always found her extremely irritating and she never had a duff partner. I'm all for bringing in the old pros for CC but how about Erin, Lilia, Kristina?

Never had a duff partner????:o

She had David Dickinson - one of the worst ever competitors!
  • Options
    lizziwillslizziwills Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I wish Camilla was doing that job permanently, she has so much more to say about the choreography and the dancers' abilities. All Karen seems to do these days is say how much she loves everybody - she hardly ever gives a decent critique of the dances or the technicalities. And I find her arm-waving and over-the-top ‘enthusiasm' a bit old hat.
  • Options
    lougarrylougarry Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    On the subject of Camilla's past costumes, I seem to remember reading that she and Erin used to get costumes brought in from DSI, hence the "proper ballroom" quality.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lougarry wrote: »
    On the subject of Camilla's past costumes, I seem to remember reading that she and Erin used to get costumes brought in from DSI, hence the "proper ballroom" quality.
    I think I remember reading that the female professionals wore many of their own dresses.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lizziwills wrote: »
    I wish Camilla was doing that job permanently, she has so much more to say about the choreography and the dancers' abilities. All Karen seems to do these days is say how much she loves everybody - she hardly ever gives a decent critique of the dances or the technicalities. And I find her arm-waving and over-the-top ‘enthusiasm' a bit old hat.

Just imagine her and Bruno sitting next to each other as judges!
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I think I remember reading that the female professionals wore many of their own dresses.

I think next year another costume designer should take over.

Vicky (as all designers), has a trade mark look and nothing wrong with that but it's starting to become very repetitive.

Time for a costume refresh and a new set of eyes.
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I think next year another costume designer should take over.

Vicky (as all designers), has a trade mark look and nothing wrong with that but it's starting to become very repetitive.

Time for a costume refresh and a new set of eyes.

I'm not sure I'd recognise Vicky's 'trademark' (unless it's loads and loads of crystals) but whatever it is, I really like it. I must be a pessimist, because I worry if someone else came along they'd mess it up!
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her when she was on Strictly but i was shocked how she has aged on ITT. She is only 42 she looks a fair bit older t be honest.
    Prefer her to Karen Hardy though.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. The intro they've extended of Karen this year leaves me wanting to put my foot through the TV. She's so loud and OTT.

BIB might have something to do with below:

(Source - Wikipedia)
    At the age of eight Hardy was diagnosed with a rare and acute form of ear cancer. Despite successive operations the cancer returned three times, as a consequence of this Hardy was advised to take up the art of ballroom dancing to compensate for the loss in her balance due to the cancer in her ear and the operations to eradicate it before a last-ditch operation when she was twenty one cleared the cancer permanently. As a result of the cancer Hardy lost 70% of the hearing in her left ear,[7] and in August 2012 was fitted with a hearing device.
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about David Dickinson? hardly another Lionel Blair was he:D
  • Options
    tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. The intro they've extended of Karen this year leaves me wanting to put my foot through the TV. She's so loud and OTT.

Particularly agree with this, as it subjects us to double the amount of gurning clips than before!

And how come Ian's intro hasn't been similarly extended??
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Particularly agree with this, as it subjects us to double the amount of gurning clips than before!

And how come Ian's intro hasn't been similarly extended??
    i

Why do we need the stupid intros at all?

They are a complete waste of time in a frantic show, and don't exactly flattter either of them!
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That gurney intro with Karen is irritating, especially when followed by somebody so not OTT like Camilla. It's ITT you are on, Karen, not OTT! :p
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    BIB might have something to do with below:

(Source - Wikipedia)
    At the age of eight Hardy was diagnosed with a rare and acute form of ear cancer. Despite successive operations the cancer returned three times, as a consequence of this Hardy was advised to take up the art of ballroom dancing to compensate for the loss in her balance due to the cancer in her ear and the operations to eradicate it before a last-ditch operation when she was twenty one cleared the cancer permanently. As a result of the cancer Hardy lost 70% of the hearing in her left ear,[7] and in August 2012 was fitted with a hearing device.

I and most of my family are partially deaf (my mum's rate of loss is more severe than Karen's) and yet we are all softly spoken as are many others who attend the same hearing clinic as I do. One of the Audiologists there has said that it's a myth that people with a hearing loss need to talk loudly, particularly of they use hearing aids/implants.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    I and most of my family are partially deaf (my mum's rate of loss is more severe than Karen's) and yet we are all softly spoken as are many others who attend the same hearing clinic as I do. One of the Audiologists there has said that it's a myth that people with a hearing loss need to talk loudly, particularly of they use hearing aids/implants.

Agree with this - unless she doesn't use her device when on ITT for some reason. I wear hearing aids in both ears and MrAlley can always tell when I haven't got them on because I speak really loud - when you have a hearing aid you tend to speak more quietly if anything because you sound louder than you really are if you see what I mean.

Back to Camilla - she was ok, but I preferred Neil and Chloe last week (and Jo from last year actually...).
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Karen's flaws are always magnified by every replacement for her.
    I only watch CC when she is not there.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Much better than Hardy who I just find very irritating.

god isn't she just, loves herself that one. i too cant abide her.
  • Options
    VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Back to Camilla - she was ok, but I preferred Neil and Chloe last week (and Jo from last year actually...).

I thought Jo gave the best critique ever!

But she'd be wasted in the CC (or even judge) role. Maybe in a few years...
  • Options
    hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    lougarry wrote: »

In the first 2 series Chrisanne made the dresses and Brackleys supplied the tail suits (they still do although not so many men wear them now).

DSI then took over the costumes and they start in January despite the fact that Strictly doesn't start till the Autumn.

Vicky Gill works for DSI but budget cuts now dictate the quality and more and more dancers are seen in High Street clothes (particularly the men!) hence the amount of costume 'malfunctions ' as these clothes are simply not made to stand up to the rigours of dancing like this.

As I have posted before, in the early years all the Strictly dresses were sold at major competitions and were popular for amateurs to buy but nowadays no self respecting dancer would be seen in a Strictly outfit hence the recycling that goes on year after year.

It's such a shame, particularly in ballroom. There are so many beautiful dresses that could be worn and yet both celebs and pros wear, generally, really poor outfits.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hilary2329 wrote: »

It's such a shame, particularly in ballroom. There are so many beautiful dresses that could be worn and yet both celebs and pros wear, generally, really poor outfits.

Maybe they could compensate by having a "Traditional Week" where all the participants dress in appropriately traditional outfits.

Would be a nice tribute to the earlier days of Strictly.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CC works best when it focuses on technique and demonstrates steps. The intro to Karen's slot tells you all you need to know about what is to come :o:D
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nice to see her on ITT and she was a vast improvement on Karens screeching and gurning. However Camilla still holds my top spot of most annoying dancer to watch. She was the queen of gurning with Karen C and now Kevin not far behind her. I hate that style of dancing >:(
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hilary2329 wrote: »
    In the first 2 series Chrisanne made the dresses and Brackleys supplied the tail suits (they still do although not so many men wear them now).

DSI then took over the costumes and they start in January despite the fact that Strictly doesn't start till the Autumn.

Vicky Gill works for DSI but budget cuts now dictate the quality and more and more dancers are seen in High Street clothes (particularly the men!) hence the amount of costume 'malfunctions ' as these clothes are simply not made to stand up to the rigours of dancing like this.

As I have posted before, in the early years all the Strictly dresses were sold at major competitions and were popular for amateurs to buy but nowadays no self respecting dancer would be seen in a Strictly outfit hence the recycling that goes on year after year.

I thought the costumes were sold to the various Dancing with the Stars productions around the globe?