perfumes of the past 60's 70's 80's

Comments

• ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    My Sister used to love wearing something by William Hartnell, In Love or something like that. She'd love to have a bottle of that again.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Sister used to love wearing something by William Hartnell, In Love or something like that. She'd love to have a bottle of that again.

Dr Who made perfume?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    Dr Who made perfume?

Norman Hartnell perhaps???? :p
  • halewoodhalewood Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tabu

Anyone remember that - I have to order it online for a friends Grandmother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh perfumes over the years. I likey this thread. My mum used to wear Opium by YSL. I used to hate it then. Quite like it now although I wouldn't wear it. I also remember my aunt wearing Diorressence by Christian Dior - which I thought was so sophisticated :o

I myself started with anais anais. :D Now wear, Gucci No1, Jean Paul Gautier Classique or Gucci envy in the summer. Not all at once though.

Do any of the girls here remember White Musk from the Body shop. It was an oil rather than a spray back then. I loved that. :)
  • quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned on here about those roll-on lip glosses. My friends and I would be down the local disco, then we'd go, en masse, to the loo to top up our lip gloss. It was so thick and gloopy and everything stuck to it. I seem to recall that it came in different flavours too.

Ah, memories. :)

Yeah - roll on lipgloss in a glass bottle - mint, cherry and lemon flavours - by Constance Carroll if I recall correctly!

Every time the wind blew your hair into your face you got a wad of it accross your cheek!!!!!
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    Marbert Man - God it reeked!
  • petra12petra12 Posts: 1,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to wear Petulia Oil and my dad would go mad saying i smelt like a hippy !

Anyone remember Kiku ? i loved that and always reminds me of a certain friend who wore it all the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quinie wrote: »
    Yeah - roll on lipgloss in a glass bottle - mint, cherry and lemon flavours - by Constance Carroll if I recall correctly!

Every time the wind blew your hair into your face you got a wad of it accross your cheek!!!!!
    HaHa the memories came flooding back then :)
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Elizabeth Arden?

Because Max Factor! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petra12 wrote: »
    Anyone remember Kiku ? i loved that and always reminds me of a certain friend who wore it all the time

Post 51 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post 51 :D
    Oooops i missed that !:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petra12 wrote: »
    Oooops i missed that !:)

Seems like it's only us who remember it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like it's only us who remember it :)
    I remember the talc being in a big yellow dome thingy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    It's not from 70's 80's or even 90's, but has anyone ever seen or bought a perfume by Ghost called something like Summer Breeze? It was a limited edition one in a blue moon shaped bottle, and smelled gorgeous. Mine's running out now, can you still get it anywhere?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooooh
    http://www.thefragrancefactory.com/

Just for looking at the pictures - their prices are horrific
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Evening in Paris and Californian Poppy as a child, young teen. Then as an older teen Patchouli oil which my family didn't like, they used to joke that it smelt like somebody had died a while ago.
    Later on I progressed to Charlie, Blue grass, Ma Griff and Heaven Sent.
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    Norman Hartnell perhaps???? :p

Ahhhhhhhh that's right.. God knows why I said William Hartnell. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Oh and another one, there was an impulse one in a green tube? It was called something like moongrass? Anyone else remember that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Moon Drops! It used to make me feel sick, so I didn't wear it. I did, however, wear Charlie, which came in a silver bottle (or was it a tin?)

Someone mentioned on here about those roll-on lip glosses. My friends and I would be down the local disco, then we'd go, en masse, to the loo to top up our lip gloss. It was so thick and gloopy and everything stuck to it. I seem to recall that it came in different flavours too.

Ah, memories. :)

My Wife has just said Moondrops was lovely, I agree...oh the memories;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I remember all the old impulse sprays from the 80's...captivation,hint of musk etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An old lady I used to work with used to absolutely drown herself in California Poppy. Even hearing the name of it makes me feel sick all these years later.

My first ever boyfriend at school bought me a set of 4711 perfume and talc etc for Christmas.

My mum had a bottle of Chanel No.5 that someone had bought her and she would only wear that for very special occasions.

Estelle Lauder 'Youth Dew' was my perfume of choice as a teenager.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any guys remember Journey? green glass bottle. it was my first fragrance and i smashed the bottle :mad:
  • moondrops1moondrops1 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twofnine wrote: »
    When I first met my Wife, she was a Stunning Blonde and wearing "Moon Drops " Perfume! Cor Memories!!

:D

Hence my username!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    my mum used to wear Evening in Paris or California Poppy back in the 50's, she bought them from the corner shop - very sophisticated!
    I loved Kiku in a bright yellow container, must have been early 70's - (blushes for being so old).
    When someone gave me Miss Dior I thought I was so sophisticated, but it'd kill flies at 20 paces, it was so strong.