Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deary me. :D Only on a DOTY thread could Azura's Star be described as a troll for the crime of going to his latest vanity project (which BTW he's been actively inviting people to visit!) and (I'm guessing) criticising his attention seeking, his ongoing use of his kids to earn a buck, his infantile marketing tactics (ones that someone half his age would most likely reject as too cringe-making), his utter failure to deliver on anything of substance and - the worst! - for 'disrespecting' his fans by not tailoring her comments to protect their feelings! Absurd doesn't even begin to cover it.

I guess the truth must hurt really badly.

Oh and by the way, for those wondering how his fundraising is going, PA still hasn't bothered to update the Virgin donation - the largest one he received - on his justgiving page. Such lack of basic courtesy. I think that pretty says most of what needs to be said about his 'fundraising' and his 'foundation' and his commitment to and gratitude for those who support him.

*reminds self to pop over and see AS's facetiousness*
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Deary me. :D Only on a DOTY thread could Azura's Star be described as a troll for the crime of going to his latest vanity project (which BTW he's been actively inviting people to visit!) and (I'm guessing) criticising his attention seeking, his ongoing use of his kids to earn a buck, his infantile marketing tactics (ones that someone half his age would most likely reject as too cringe-making), his utter failure to deliver on anything of substance and - the worst! - for 'disrespecting' his fans by not tailoring her comments to protect their feelings! Absurd doesn't even begin to cover it.

Oh and by the way, for those wondering how his fundraising is going, PA still hasn't bothered to update the Virgin donation - the largest one he received - on his justgiving page. Such lack of basic courtesy. I think that pretty says most of what needs to be said about his 'fundraising' and his 'foundation' and his commitment to and gratitude for those who support him.

Aaaaghhh!! I so wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, time & time again I've said I'll wait & see happens before I judge him too harshly, I've even just been in search of some evidence to prove me wrong & what did I find? Absolutely nothing to back up claims he's going to help raise £500,000 a year, then a subsequent 2 years to fund these buses.
    He's a spineless fraud, who's played with people's lives with his ridiculous pledge.
    God only knows what CRUK must be thinking, they must've been absolutely delighted when he came forward & said he'd help them raise such a large amount of money.
    He should be hanging his head in shame like any decent human being with a shred of moral conscience would be but not him, he's still out there self promoting.
    So, so angry:mad:
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaghhh!! I so wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, time & time again I've said I'll wait & see happens before I judge him too harshly, I've even just been in search of some evidence to prove me wrong & what did I find? Absolutely nothing to back up claims he's going to help raise £500,000 a year, then a subsequent 2 years to fund these buses.
    He's a spineless fraud, who's played with people's lives with his ridiculous pledge.
    God only knows what CRUK must be thinking, they must've been absolutely delighted when he came forward & said he'd help them raise such a large amount of money.
    He should be hanging his head in shame like any decent human being with a shred of moral conscience would be but not him, he's still out there self promoting.

I'm pretty sure that in one of the interviews he did about his foundation, he said 'I'm' funding one of the CR UK buses - may have been a slip of the tongue and he should have said 'my foundation' - but will be interesting to see if he does put his hand in his own pocket if his lack of fundraising endeavors means that the foundation hasn't raised sufficient funds to fulfill the promise he made to CR UK ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heehee :D

Ah ok, re Lorraine, I just wondered. I just watched a clip at ChannelDOTY and it was just mind-numbingly mind numbing listening to the two of them.

Thank goodness I have never watched that. It must have been like watching two chairs mating.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura
    I'm going to join you on Andre's site..and I'm going to post on there also..
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    This is the bit that bothers me. Although this channel's clearly just a massive ego-stroking exercise, I don't really have a problem with it, other than this. So he's going to broadcast yet more of his children claiming that it's 'for the fans' and so his father can see then? Most of the fans won't be that desperate to see his kids and as far as his father is concerned what's wrong with private Skype/phone conversations or, heck, maybe taking time out of his busy self-promotion schedule to actually visit?

This charity thing is a joke. He banged on about for a while to big himself up and it now seems to have fallen by the wayside since he's found another publicity tool. Then again, if he did actually do something for a cancer charity, the focus would be on the charity itself and no him, wouldn't it? Therein lies the answer.

You could suggest he's doing things behind the scenes, but even with celebs that don't really talk about their charity stuff, they're still mentioned on the charities' website or you see a bit in the papers about them doing something for the charity. I think (although I'm happy to be proved wrong) that in regards to Peter's philanthropic endeavours, he's all mouth and no trousers.

I've just spent five minutes writing an essay on PA. Can you tell I haven't got much to do today?

Gemma Wheatley tweeted yesterday that she and Pete had just met up with Nicky Turley who's the Head of Foundations and Partnerships for Cancer Research and there were "exciting things to come". As a Cancer Research volunteer I'm aware of other meetings they've had to plan the Foundation's fundraising events, they may not be happening to the timetable expected by the posters on this thread but they are definitely happening. When they're ready to launch them no doubt Pete will use his new Entrago channel to publicise them.

He took part in a fundraising concert for Cancer Research along with JLS and others at the beginning of this month http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/10519570.Toddler_celebrates_with_JLS_after_end_of_chemotherapy/. He's also performing at another charity gig this Saturday in aid of Demelza's Hospice.http://www.musiconthehill.org.uk/line-up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura
    I'm going to join you on Andre's site..and I'm going to post on there also..

I'm going to watch *grabs popcorn*
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Gemma Wheatley tweeted yesterday that she and Pete had just met up with Nicky Turley who's the Head of Foundations and Partnerships for Cancer Research and there were "exciting things to come". As a Cancer Research volunteer I'm aware of other meetings they've had to plan the Foundation's fundraising events, they may not be happening to the timetable expected by the posters on this thread but they are definitely happening. When they're ready to launch them no doubt Pete will use his new Entrago channel to publicise them.

He took part in a fundraising concert for Cancer Research along with JLS and others at the beginning of this month http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/10519570.Toddler_celebrates_with_JLS_after_end_of_chemotherapy/. He's also performing at another charity gig this Saturday in aid of Demelza's Hospice.http://www.musiconthehill.org.uk/line-up

But Sensei with the greatest of respect & you know I have a lot of respect for you & your posts..............
    We keep hearing these words "exciting things to come" etc but as yet I have seen very little to back up these claims.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Sensei with the greatest of respect & you know I have a lot of respect for you & your posts..............
    We keep hearing these words "exciting things to come" etc but as yet I have seen very little to back up these claims.

With all respect to you BEL your posts imply that nothing is happening behind the scenes and that Pete has 'shamelessly' let CR down when in fact they've been having regular planning meetings together. Were you aware of the JLS Foundation before it was announced that they'd raised a million pounds from one event? Do other celebrities broadcast the planning stages behind their events or do they publicise them when tickets for events are available for sale or when they're actually seeking sponsorship?
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves at my legion of new adoring fans*:p

I read the terms and conditions very carefully and nowhere does it say that posters have to confine themselves to sycophantic, incoherent witterings about the twunt in question.
    Are you seriously trying to tell us that not liking Peter Andre means that you are "desperate, sad and pathetic"?
    In which case, colour me all of the above. It's infinitely preferable to being thought of as a fan of his.

I imagine that you will be rushing to defend his latest section "Dadvice" in which the former holder of not one, but two DOTY mayonnaise lids will be dishing out his parenting pearls of wisdom.
    Rather ironic when it comes from someone with a legion of nannies, housekeepers and assorted helpers who thinks that it is perfectly acceptable to sell out his children's privacy for a few more minutes of z-listdom.

It's also rather strange that whilst BBCAndre is full of pages devoted to the idiot in question, he has rather glaringly omitted any mention of his charitable foundation or forthcoming fundraising activities.
    Or was that last week's bandwagon, and this week it's back to raising awareness of the most important thing in Peter Andre's life - Peter Andre?
    Dingdingding!!! The man has the attention span of a distracted goldfish. The "my cancer hell" publicity well has run dry and he's moved on to his wonderful life with Emily.

I hope he gets his finger out and raises the funds he promised, otherwise he should be publicly shamed by CRUK for milking them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't waste energy or anger on him, BEL. Really not worth it. Take your 'PA expectations' and set them at 'really low' and you'll be fine. He won't disappoint.

At this stage, I'm more perplexed by those who make excuses for him, and put their energies into criticising those who criticise him, rather than looking objectively at why it is he generates so much disdain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all respect to you BEL your posts imply that nothing is happening behind the scenes and that Pete has 'shamelessly' let CR down when in fact they've been having regular planning meetings together. Were you aware of the JLS Foundation before it was announced that they'd raised a million pounds from one event? Do other celebrities broadcast the planning stages behind their events or do they publicise them when tickets for events are available for sale or when they're actually seeking sponsorship?

With respect, Sensei, with the smallest of efforts, he could have avoided this and BEL's and other people's disdain.

He has put his energies to date into talking about all the great things he's going to do in the name of this, that and the other, while in practice, has blundered carelessly from one thing to another. This 'foundation' of his, with not one event to date or even the most basic update to keep people interested; the HIPZ bikeride, incompetance personified, a tragic missed opportunity to really pull out all the stops for a great project - not to mention one that he himself will benefit from when his series airs.

The ineptness is pathetic. No excuses.

Also, interesting how he has all the time in the world to broadcast things which promote him! No one's asking him for a list of events he's planning, just the appearance of commitment would do most people, I imagine.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deary me. :DOnly on a DOTY thread could Azura's Star be described as a troll for the crime of going to his latest vanity project (which BTW he's been actively inviting people to visit!) and (I'm guessing) criticising his attention seeking, his ongoing use of his kids to earn a buck, his infantile marketing tactics (ones that someone half his age would most likely reject as too cringe-making), his utter failure to deliver on anything of substance and - the worst! - for 'disrespecting' his fans by not tailoring her comments to protect their feelings! Absurd doesn't even begin to cover it.

Fee Fi Fo Fum
    Peter Andre is a pain in the bum.

I've gone waaaay past facetiousness now.
    The "Dadvice" column is possibly one of the most worrying things I've seen in a long time.
    People are actively posting information and questions about their children in the hope that a washed-up one-hit wonder will bestow his pearls of parenting wisdom on them.
    Am I really the only person who finds this completely wrong?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fee Fi Fo Fum

The "Dadvice" column is possibly one of the most worrying things I've seen in a long time.
    People are actively posting information and questions about their children in the hope that a washed-up one-hit wonder will bestow his pearls of parenting wisdom on them.

Hopefully it was left in the care of the kid on work experience, fingers crossed they are answering the questions rather then Andre
    Forum Member

I had heard of the JLS Foundation Sensei & they did seem very committed to it, though to be honest I was unaware how much they raised. But the word "committed" is where imo the difference seems to lie between JLS & PA. As I've said time & time again with Social Media sites such as Facebook & Twitter, PA should be inundating us with pleas to donate but all I've seen is a wall of silence.
    Regarding other celebs announcing planning stages, this is just an example off the top of my head, but I remember a few years ago Chris Moyles & other celebrities were climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Comic Relief & I couldn't put my radio on any morning without CM & his team literally begging people to donate, I would needed to live on the moon not to have heard anything about it.
    It's not even the fact that he doesn't appear to be anywhere near the half million needed for the first year, it's more to do with, he's found time to promote his TV Channel when really he should be putting his energies into promoting his foundation or at least doing both,
    I think though we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one Sensei, both of us have completely opposing views on the matter but I'll say it again, I do hope to be proved wrong but to be honest I'm becoming more cynical with each week that passes.
    Don't waste energy or anger on him, BEL. Really not worth it. Take your 'PA expectations' and set them at 'really low' and you'll be fine. He won't disappoint.

At this stage, I'm more perplexed by those who make excuses for him, and put their energies into criticising those who criticise him, rather than looking objectively at why it is he generates so much disdain.

As I said to Sensei, Lexi, it's the lack of commitment/getting the word out he's shown. I've no doubt there probably is stuff going on behind the scene that the public are unaware of but it's the public who raise the money!!
    So it doesn't take a genius to work out that word has to be spread to the public in order to generate funds.
    Anyway I'm going to have to get back to the light hearted laughing at the useless twit as I am genuinely angry at what I see as a golden opportunity to raise millions for CRUK being poured down the drain.
    Forum Member
    Fee Fi Fo Fum

You won't find me disagreeing Azura, what is more concerning is that there are actually parents out there who value & want his parenting advice:eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are people on the street and other performers (Melanie C is a huge supporter) raising money for cancer. They don't blag about it.
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    There are people on the street and other performers (Melanie C is a huge supporter) raising money for cancer. They don't blag about it.

But did Mel C pledge to raise £500,000 this year & a further million in the next 2 years?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said to Sensei, Lexi, it's the lack of commitment/getting the word out he's shown. I've no doubt there probably is stuff going on behind the scene that the public are unaware of but it's the public who raise the money!! So it doesn't take a genius to work out that word has to be spread to the public in order to generate funds.

Exactly, BEL, and as I've responded above to Sensei. It's the disconnect between what he says and what he does. He bathes in the feelgood spotlight (the foundation launch, the bikeride) but puts no effort whatsoever into actual fundraising basics like keeping people informed and engaged, or intelligently utilising the social media at his disposal.
    Anyway I'm going to have to get back to the light hearted laughing at the useless twit...

It's for the best. ;)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Dumbest question, what new on PA's TV Channel as does he show everything about him and his life??
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how when PA has a new telly programme/tune/calendar/kids to promote, he's all over the press, itv2 and social media.

When he has something he's emotionally attached to promoting i.e. his charitable foundation - something that relies solely on public donations from his adoring fans - he goes all quiet.

Nothing in this man's life goes un-publicised.

This could have been a game-changer for him. But he's gone down the path well trodden: self-promotion.

Silly 40-year-old man-boy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    But did Mel C pledge to raise £500,000 this year & a further million in the next 2 years?

I think barneyboy's point is that most people just get on with it and do it, rather than talking about it. :) I can name off the top of my head a good 20 celebs (a mix of actors and musicians) who I know are 100% committed to charities, who fundraise year in year out, but just get on with the business of supporting them, rather than talking about them to enhance their own profile.
    Forum Member

My apologies, I read your post completely the opposite as to how it was intended, thankfully Lexi was on hand to point this out:)
    Forum Member
    I think barneyboy's point is that most people just get on with it and do it, rather than talking about it. :) I can name off the top of my head a good 20 celebs (a mix of actors and musicians) who I know are 100% committed to charities, who fundraise year in year out, but just get on with the business of supporting them, rather than talking about them to enhance their own profile.

Thanks Lexi:) I went back and re read barneyboy's post & realised I'd taken it totally the wrong way.
    I blame that PA for getting me so flustered & irate;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making a pledge, training, running swimming, cycling and beating her own triathalon record without a camera crew. BIG difference. If people cant see the difference...... so be it.

Also we always get things the wrong way on here, no worries x
This discussion has been closed.