Getting more and more confused

124»

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    You have my sympathies. That was also my connection speed in 2001, so I can at least empathise with you lol ;)

TBH I think you've done pretty well considering the circumstances. :)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.speedtest.net/

appreciate everybodys pity..

download speed 0.67mbps
    upload speed 0.43mbps

:blush:

Yep! ... That's bad! :o (I bet ya ping is horrendous aswell) :( ... I'm amazed ya even allowed access to psnetwork / xboxlive nevermind download owt! :blush:

(Even my prepaid Vodafone 3G dongle (@ it's very very worst) blows ya connection away!) :blush:
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Yep! ... That's bad! :o (I bet ya ping is horrendous aswell) :( ... I'm amazed ya even allowed access to psnetwork / xboxlive nevermind download owt! :blush:

(Even my prepaid Vodafone 3G dongle (@ it's very very worst) blows ya connection away!) :blush:

I have noticed that mobile phone contracts are now offering unlimited data (probably subject to t&c).
  • FlatfishrayFlatfishray Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I have both; coming from last gen, I had both the PS3 and Xbox 360 and definitely preferred the latter. Coming into the next gen, I opted to go with the PS4 first, mainly due to the MS shenanigans before the launches. I liked the PS4 very much from the get go.

I then got the Xbone when the price dropped with the Titanfall bundle and I liked it very much from the get go too! But I've just finished Ryse on the Xbone and Infamous on the PS4 and went to get The Hobbit for a bit of fun to keep me going until Watch Dogs. Without thinking about it, I bought it for the Xbone. That makes me think that at the very least subconsciously, I prefer the Xbone although I'll get Watch Dogs for the PS4 as it has extra content.

In terms of downloading etc, I have a very fast VM connection, so no issues with either console to be honest.

So, after all that waffle, as advice to the OP, I'd say that although I slightly favour the Xbone, both are great systems, so go with the console that will have more of the games you prefer to play. Enjoy whichever one you choose and happy gaming with it. :)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have my sympathies. That was also my connection speed in 2001, so I can at least empathise with you lol ;)

TBH I think you've done pretty well considering the circumstances. :)

thanks m8, everythings getting there now,

i just cant download everything at once, for example i have had to take the auto updates off PS4 if he wants to play Titanfall..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both; coming from last gen, I had both the PS3 and Xbox 360 and definitely preferred the latter. Coming into the next gen, I opted to go with the PS4 first, mainly due to the MS shenanigans before the launches. I liked the PS4 very much from the get go.

I then got the Xbone when the price dropped with the Titanfall bundle and I liked it very much from the get go too! But I've just finished Ryse on the Xbone and Infamous on the PS4 and went to get The Hobbit for a bit of fun to keep me going until Watch Dogs. Without thinking about it, I bought it for the Xbone. That makes me think that at the very least subconsciously, I prefer the Xbone although I'll get Watch Dogs for the PS4 as it has extra content.

In terms of downloading etc, I have a very fast VM connection, so no issues with either console to be honest.

So, after all that waffle, as advice to the OP, I'd say that although I slightly favour the Xbone, both are great systems, so go with the console that will have more of the games you prefer to play. Enjoy whichever one you choose and happy gaming with it. :)

my boy has asked me for Watchdogs on PS4, but Destiny on Xbone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

online gaming seems ok, its only goes pete tong when i try to do several things at once..lol
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.speedtest.net/

appreciate everybodys pity..

download speed 0.67mbps
    upload speed 0.43mbps

:blush:

Luckily for me Telewest cabled our little village as they passed by otherwise I would have been stuck with speeds like that until last year. I have always been annoyed at been forced to use cable no matter how many problems arose but at least I had one high speed option.

I hope some sort of speed increase comes your way sooner rather than later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Luckily for me Telewest cabled our little village as they passed by otherwise I would have been stuck with speeds like that until last year. I have always been annoyed at been forced to use cable no matter how many problems arose but at least I had one high speed option.

I hope some sort of speed increase comes your way sooner rather than later.

it dosent seem to bad today m8, i have 2 PS4s downloading updates on standby, Kevin the teenager on DR3, my youngest on Minecraft online and me browsing the net...