Salmond -"Scotland can leave union without referendum"

1232425262729»

Comments

• DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Where did I say they will work as one?

I simply said they would be on the same side, allied to the same goal and while not necessarily working as one they will be working together.

Well, your posts certainly suggest otherwise, Coalitions, allies, joining forces certainly would suggest a close relationship :confused:
    So I imagine just like Billy you have no problem in joining forces with other political parties in gaining a No vote? A new Better Together in Europe alliance perhaps? Maybe Gordon Brown can lead it?
    The Tories, SNP, Labour and Lib Dems all support remaining in the EU and therefore you will all be on the same side.

How does that go against the instinct of UK parties who don't want to leave the EU?

I imagine you will be campaigning alongside Labour for one if there was a referendum. Especially in Scotland.

It will be interesting to see the debates where Sturgeon and Murphy take the same side against leaving the EU.

Therefore the EU BT coalition will contain the SNP, Tories, Lib Dems and Labour. They will all work together with people they dont usually agree with for the better good of the country.

It will be an interesting parallel to see the SNP on the same side and with the same goals as the former BT parties if an EU referendum were to happen.
    And I assume you will also welcome the support of the Tories as well.

As all of the main parties back staying in the EU you will have many allies.

I see a new coalition forming already.........
    Interesting how you avoid the reality of being allied to the Tories and Labour on this issue.

I think what I'm getting at is that politics is a fickle thing, one day your most hated enemy is your ally.;-)
    I'm assuming that both the SNP and the Tories will be on the same side campaigning for a NO vote. The reason is incidental as every mainstream party will be on the same side.
    The fact remains that in any referendum the main parties will be on the same side.

Much as you like to deny it your chosen party will be allied to other parties.

As I said, politics is a funny thing.
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Well, your posts certainly suggest otherwise, Coalitions, allies, joining forces certainly would suggest a close relationship :confused:

I fail to see your confusion as all of those quotes suggest that they will be on the same side and not one says that anyone will be in overall control.

What makes you think there will not be a close relationship if it comes to a referendum?
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I fail to see your confusion as all of those quotes suggest that they will be on the same side and not one says that anyone will be in overall control.

What makes you think there will not be a close relationship if it comes to a referendum?

You know, you remind me of the child caught covered in crumbs and chocolate who still insist that they did not eat the biscuits. Working as allies, working together means working as one. Your words and meaning were quite clear and I do struggle to comprehend why you try to deny it. But you know what, I have reached the stage that I don't really care.

You know Anndra, you may well have a point.
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    You know, you remind me of the child caught covered in crumbs and chocolate who still insist that they did not eat the biscuits. Working as allies, working together means working as one. Your words and meaning were quite clear and I do struggle to comprehend why you try to deny it. But you know what, I have reached the stage that I don't really care.

You know Anndra, you may well have a point.

I'm sorry but your making little sense. You can certainly be allies in a cause without being formal allies, sign up together.

Surely you can comprehend that you can be on the same side as the Tories on this issue and allied to their cause without entering into a formal Agreement?

Sometimes I wonder about the comprehension and motive of Nats on here.

I get the feeling that your lot would rather campaign for the UK to leave the EU so as just to have another chance of independence.

It's also been a while since I decided that I would ignore the low key trolls of the Nats on here;-)