Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    What the heck happened there.
    Without Carrick holding the midfield, we just allow any team to drive right through the middle

Seconded. But there are goals for us in this match. Fellani should have scored there...
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Everton are proving a problem to us, again. Amazing really, they've hardly been that good recently.
    Have our wheels come off, at exactly the wrong time?
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless having 70%+ possession if your final ball is as bad as that. And then to top it off, we can't defend either.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking so far. Hopefully van gall will rip then all a new bum hole and they will then perform.

I'd bring on rvp. Take fellaini off for di maria and play 433 with rooney rvp and di maria up front. Mata Valencia and herera in midfield
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit worrying how poor the final ball has been and how light we look up front. With all that possession you'd think we'd be flooding into the box but Rooney has looked very isolated.

Everton have played well. Well organised defence and a game plan that is working nicely for them.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Falcao on for Fellaini with Rooney now in midfield why?? Hopefully Falcao can make the difference.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is not how I quite envisioned things panning out so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney really does seem to have a problem in playing here, I cannot remember the last time he played well.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Well that is not how I quite envisioned things panning ouThe so far.

No, wasn't how i saw things going either, thought we might nick a win before hand but i can't see us scoring today now never mind getting back into the game>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still it doesn't really change much, in terms of use getting Champions League football next season, it just makes getting it automatically a tad bit harder.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought we would score but I can't see it happening now. What a time for us to get crap again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hate the fact that I'd really started looking forward to watching us play for the first time in a long time and now it's back to peeping between closed fingers.
    Can it really be as simple as with Carrick we look good and without, we resort to possession with no outcome and panicked defending?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we do score now, (which I doubt that we will) it will only be a consolation type on, which wouldn't change where the points go.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Disastrous match. Desperation to bring on Falcao so early, even Di Maria. We'll have Liverpool on our tails again soon at this rate. #defensivefrailty #pointlesspossession (again)

Maybe LVG needs to rethink the tactics.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Everton are proving a problem to us, again. Amazing really, they've hardly been that good recently.
    Have our wheels come off, at exactly the wrong time?

Actually, Everton have been very good recently and are in good form, getting back to their usual higher standards after a poor season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why, until we're mathematically safe, we shouldn't be counting our chickens (as a certain poster was doing yesterday)

One of our worst performances of the season. If we play like this in the other 4 games we're not going to make the CL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that just finishes us off, put this away and move on, today was just a bad day at the office all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why, until we're mathematically safe, we shouldn't be counting our chickens (as a certain poster was doing yesterday)

One of our worst performances of the season. If we play like this in the other 4 games we're not going to make the CL.

I don't think that we will play quite this bad again, this was certainly out of the norm in terms of how we have been playing as of late.

Credit to Everton though, they fully deserved their win.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Agreed GF, humiliation after dragging ourselves up this far, to total capitulation.

Fact fans out there, when was the last time Dave conceded 3?
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Credit to Everton though, they fully deserved their win.

They haven't won yet! :D ;-)

Seriously though, fourth is now looking like our most likely finishing position, perhaps under pressure too as other teams will have noted our vulnerabilities, how quickly things can change in this game!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter embarrassment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed GF, humiliation after dragging ourselves up this far, to total capitulation.

Fact fans out there, when was the last time Dave conceded 3?

Just three or more? My first thought was either Leicester or MK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    They haven't won yet! :D ;-)

Seriously though, fourth is now looking like our most likely finishing position, perhaps under pressure too as other teams will have noted our vulnerabilities, how quickly things can change in this game!

Things can change quickly, beat Arsenal, and things could change yet again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these two defeats have more than emphasised that we're still very much a work in progress. We need the current bunch to continue working on this style of play, and we desperately need 3/4 more players.

Next season we can't be in a situation where we're going into important games with Paddy McNair at the back, no one able to fill in for Carrick in the centre, or with Rooney as our sole realistic goal threat up top.

CB, RB, MF, RW, FW please Louis!!
This discussion has been closed.