Options

A happy storyline in Hollyoaks

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,586
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it not about time there was a little bit of happiness in hollyoaks? Everything is doom, gloom and high drama

Comments

• Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    It'd be nice but I don't think the writers know how to do it, it'd probably just be silly.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree. Is there a single couple in the show who are just happy together, no cheating etc. None I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't get why we need to have so many silly affair stories in soaps, but ho is terrible for them! I'm sure the production team just have all the cast names in a hat and whichever two are pulled out get together!

I honestly thought when Patrick found out about his illness he would become more sombre and nicer, especially with Maxine, but from looking at spoilers this isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple being happy together
    A planned child
    Lotto win
    Someone becoming famous (zach and Harry could do this )
    Remember the book club a few years ago. Completely pointless, but it was fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A planned child
    Lotto win
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A planned child
    Lotto win

I liked the book club, its nice to see friendships on the show. Leela and Sienna used to be quite close but now they never talk to each other.
    They sorta did the lottery win when Cindy started with her mental health storyline but it wasnt heartfelt and happy
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    There was a lot more fun with the students. Even if some of the characters were weak, it was at least fun. Now the characters only hang out with their partner and family.