Options

Annoyed At Local Cineworld Missing Films Out

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,108
Forum Member
Who decides what is shown at my local cineworld? Because twice recently they have decided not to show films that I wanted to see and that have been quite heavily promoted. I was really looking forward to the new Simon Pegg romcom Man Up. But my local cineworld have decided that no one in this town will be interested so it is not getting any screenings. Two weeks ago A Royal Night Out opened "Everywhere". Everywhere but my local Cineworld that is! In fairness it is only a six screen cinema but surely the could find a slot for most mainstream releases. Even an afternoon or evening screening on two or three days. It is so frustrating to see trailers for a film at this cinema and then they never show it.

Comments

• Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cineworld does that too. They show trailers for films and then never show them. Annoying. I'm guessing it's down to the individual cinema managers what they choose to show.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well my local Cineworld in Cardiff is showing Man Up but it does have 15 screens unlike the original posters Cineworld which only has 6 screens.That maybe a major factor in the choice of films at your local Cineworld
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well my local Cineworld in Cardiff is showing Man Up but it does have 15 screens unlike the original posters Cineworld which only has 6 screens.That maybe a major factor in the choice of films at your local Cineworld

It is. My local Cineworld has 18 screens and they're showing Man Up and also showed A Royal Night Out. With a 6-screen Cineworld they're only going to show films that will get bums on seats and money in tills so that means all the mainstream populist and blockbuster fare. It sucks but it's just the way it is.

I agree though that they shouldn't be showing trailers for films that are never going to be shown there. It's very misleading.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Looking through cineworld listings it looks like my local Cineworld in Eastbourne is the only one not showing Man Up. I know Southampton only has five screens and even they are showing it. I was over in Brighton yesterday so went to see it at the Cineworld there. And it was really good. A really entertaining romcom. Really glad I saw it. Still can't understand why we miss out on it in Eastbourne.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't someone already suggested it's due to the number of screens at each individual cinema? More screens = more movies.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    With digital cinema presentations you would think they could have limited screenings of less popular titles across their network of sites.
  • Options
    maxx8ukmaxx8uk Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    A lot of the times when chains agree to show films like Avengers they have to agree to putting in on at all cinema for a certain amount of screenings per day for a certain amount of weeks.

That can sometimes mean that the cinema's with a smaller amount of screens will just not have a slot available as all the screen are contractually tied up with the blockbusters.