EE: Carmel is fantastic!

FoamFoam Posts: 145
Forum Member
We've only seen about five minutes of her but she screams Eastenders and I'd be disappointed if she didn't hang around. I have no idea how good an actress Bonnie is so hopefully we will see more serious scenes with her.

Comments

• Ryan_AdolphoRyan_Adolpho Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Foam wrote: »
    We've only seen about five minutes of her but she screams Eastenders and I'd be disappointed if she didn't hang around. I have no idea how good an actress Bonnie is so hopefully we will see more serious scenes with her.

Agree hope she sticks around
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of people were nervous about Bonnie Langford being cast, but she has so far made a good impression. A mixture of good acting and humour. Carmel is very charming.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent watched it the last two eps, has she still got her scrrechy voice.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes like Carmel, Bonnie has impressed so far.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the dislike for Bonnie Langford. Apparently it's her acting style or her background that rubs people up the wrong way. I am not sure. I know of her, but not about her

Personally i thought she was fabulous. A bit camp but not camp where it becomes a bit theatrical or verging on hammy acting. She has a lot of potential. Great casting there. Problem is she has chemistry with everyone else apart from the actor who plays Kush.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. I was a bit meh about Bonnie Langford, having only really seen her screech and gurn before but I was prepared to reserve judgement until she had appeared on screen and she's not disappointed me.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I was a bit meh about Bonnie Langford, having only really seen her screech and gurn before but I was prepared to reserve judgement until she had appeared on screen and she's not disappointed me.

Has she given up the screeching and gurning then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Bonnie Langford has definitely impressed me so far and I love Carmel, she's a breath of fresh air! I hope she sticks around for a long while yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a cast card does that mean she is a regular?
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    Really impressed by Bonnie Langford when it was announced she was joining EastEnders, i thought they were mad but she has proved me wrong, hope she comes back in the future and has a big role in the show. Carmel could be the matriach character that EastEnders is looking for.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Really impressed by Bonnie Langford when it was announced she was joining EastEnders, i thought they were mad but she has proved me wrong, hope she comes back in the future and has a big role in the show. Carmel could be the matriach character that EastEnders is looking for.

She reminds me a bit of Peggy, before Peggy became a parody of herself. I vote she stays.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I agree with all of you Carmel is already a character I enjoy more than most of the current cast.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I
    Like her

Bonnie has improved since her awful child film or whatever she did

And Carmel is So much better written then Mel ever was...it wasn't Bonnies fault they wanted Mel to be the stereotypical screamer girl
    Companion
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the dislike for Bonnie Langford. Apparently it's her acting style or her background that rubs people up the wrong way. I am not sure. I know of her, but not about her

I think this is probably down to her gushing luvviness. I was certainly ready to dislike her but credit where it's due, I think she's done very well so far.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is probably down to her gushing luvviness. I was certainly ready to dislike her but credit where it's due, I think she's done very well so far.

Same, she's not what I expected (another Elaine! :o)
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would like Carmel to be recurring. Loved her scenes with the Masoods.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was one of those who initially thought, oh please, no! Not BL! How dreadful!

BUT I'm very happy to be proved wrong - I'm now very pleasantly surprised! I think she's great, so far!

Would like to see more of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I thought Denise Van Outen would be good and I expected Bonnie Langford to be utterly terrible, but it was definitely the other way round and I'm very happy to be proved wrong!
  • SmallandcuteSmallandcute Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I really like her and hope she stays. They are already giving her a back story so heres hoping. Also been a mention of kushs brother so hope they turn up too as that would be a nice family on the square i would imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVO was awful but Bonnie had fitted in really well. If the family move to the Square they should buy Max's place.
  • 001_ATLANTIS001_ATLANTIS Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it’s so wrong but one of my all time favourite tv moments is Bonnie Langford bashing her head on the floor in Dancing on Ice. I could watch that on a loop forever! :D It’s fair retribution for the torture she inflicted on a generation as a child ‘star’. Needless to say I was not looking forward to her involvement in EE but I have to admit that she appeared to fit in quite well so fair play to her. She has definitely improved with age.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I was nervous after the DVO debacle but she's great!
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Richard Blackwood and Bonnie Langford are terrible awful stunt castings, terrible decision by the EP and will never work.

Totally eating my words. Loving both.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of the 'sleb characters brought in, only Van Outen has been underwhelming.

Andrew Sachs and June Whitfield were really good in their guest roles.

I'm enjoying Richard Blackwood, and am already liking Bonnie Langford.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Richard Blackwood and Bonnie.