Options

Where's the Best Nightlife in the UK?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im turning 20 in September and want to do something a bit different, I live in Glasgow so want to go somewhere a bit better for my birthday. :)

So wheres the best town or city to go to for a good night out?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Norwich is pretty good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure i google that :)

Most people say Newcastle or London but London seems a tad expensive sometimes.
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Manchester!!!!!... yes I'm biased but it has something for everyone... what kind of music/ clubs do you like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im more of a whats in the charts fan really, I like the music that gets played in gay clubs but the gay clubs in Glasgow are pretty terrible.

So yeah a club that plays just chart music stuff, kind of studenty places.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    toon, hit the bigg market and the pink triangle, mebbes the quayside but im not fussed on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as someone who's partied in pretty much every city in the country....

Brighton - OK. I love it here, so i'm a little biased. But it's by far the best place to party. Especially if you like gay clubs ;)

Liverpool - *Shudder* That is all.

Sheffield - More life in a graveyard than those clubs. Not a bad place, but not a party town.

Manchester - Bit rough but very friendly. Canal street is Ok (ish) but normally invaded by hen parties and it has a high % of very bitchy queens.

Nottingham - Not a fan myself. High crime rate. If you like studenty places you might enjoy yourself.

York - Fun, but a bit dead outside of saturday night. Can sometimes be a little bit fight club in the early hours.

Harrogate - So up it's own arse i'm surprised the people can breathe properly. Stunning place to visit but not to rock out.

Birmingham - Meh. Very average nightlife, not worth a trip from scotland.

Bristol - Ahh, brizzle. These people know how to seriously party. Highly recommended.

Blackpool - I'd image it's what brighton would look like after a minor nuclear bombing. Complete with mutated women and everything. Avoid unless you have a kink for chavs.

Leeds - Again, a little rough in the wrong places but if you're a massive binge drinker with cheesy taste in music the queens court is paradise. Overall, good for a laugh.

Bradford - No. Just no.

Hull - See above

Brighton - Did i mention it's fab? Worth saying again. The fact you'll have a increased chance of shagging me makes it worth it alone (kidding, not quite that in love with myself)

Edinburgh - Worth a look. Like they say, glasgow is full of murderers and edinburgh is full of alcoholics. I like the place, it's got a lot of charm.

Newcastle - Meh. Not bad, not good. Just very mediocre.

Cardiff - Bit rough and ready, but very charming. Great place to party, friendly locals, never try to drink any of them under the table and FFS don't punch any drag queens. You never know if it might be a cage fighter.

London (i'll break this one into sections)

Mayfair - Very glam, great if you've got a few grand to spend on drinks, expect to que for hours if you don't know the door dolls.

Soho - Ahh, my old stomping ground, it'll always have a special place in my life as the first place I started going out and getting laid in. If you want gay clubs, here is the place to be. More shallow than other gay villages but the party never stops. If you want to party in london, pretty much the place to be.

Vaxhall - Sleezy? Gay? If your idea of a rave is getting strapped to a sling and fisted by a muscle queen you'll feel right at home.

Shoreditch - Crossed the line from trendy to twaty years ago. Avoid.

Chelsea - By far the highest level of pretentious clubs, not as extortionate as mayfair but still pricey. Cracking place to get papped falling over a minor member of the royal family at 3am. Superb for shopping, but not my favourite place for a night out.

Angel - Lively, but packed to the rafters with knob head young cityboys. Not my idea of fun.

Camden - Second only to Soho. Wild party, be prepared for mind blowing levels of debauchery. Weird and wonderful to the extreme. Very highly recommended if you've got the stomach for it.

Notting Hill - Worth a mention for the notting hill arts club. That place is wicked. Everywhere else, meh.

Brixton - Knows how to party hard, good music, wear a bullet proof vest. Think london's answer to Govan.

Well, that's pretty much all I can be bothered to type - have a good 20th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thanks :D

Think i will be using this as a guide of where to go, having a bunch of girls who arent the biggest fan of gay clubs may be a hard sell lol
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not head to Barcelona, Berlin or Paris for the weekend? You'll get dirt cheap flights with Ryanair and can just stay in a hostel. Will probably cost the same as a trip to Manchester or London, and some of the clubs are amazing, best in the world.
  • Options
    Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    Wow thanks :D

Think i will be using this as a guide of where to go, having a bunch of girls who arent the biggest fan of gay clubs may be a hard sell lol

Just as a warning, if you did come to London for the gay bars, G-A-Y is well known for not allowing groups of people with majority girls in to the venue.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeds ;)
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigRedSam wrote: »

Soho - Ahh, my old stomping ground, it'll always have a special place in my life as the first place I started going out and getting laid in. If you want gay clubs, here is the place to be. More shallow than other gay villages but the party never stops. If you want to party in london, pretty much the place to be.
    I'm in Soho now on a nice sunny evening, looks like it's hotting up :eek: quite a few male couples around holding hands :o

(posting from my iPhone)
  • Options
    foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mates place :cool:
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My house after everyone else has gone to bed.

Just me, the telly and a bottle of wine. Perfection. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Edinburgh is great especially George street and is the best during the festival :)! But Glasgow is amazing I love it and I think the scene gets a hard time haha!
  • Options
    foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though.....Amsterdam of course!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    foonk wrote: »
    Seriously though.....Amsterdam of course!

thats not yet part of the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wel$hy92 wrote: »
    Edinburgh is great especially George street and is the best during the festival :)! But Glasgow is amazing I love it and I think the scene gets a hard time haha!

Ive been to Edinburgh and thought it was so dull! Everythings quite far away from each other as well. But that wasnt festival time though.

Seriously? I hate the gay clubs in glasgow, Bennets is seedy and horrid (Though quite good music) and polo has loads of guys that look the exact same :p And the music is terrible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    Ive been to Edinburgh and thought it was so dull! Everythings quite far away from each other as well. But that wasnt festival time though.

Seriously? I hate the gay clubs in glasgow, Bennets is seedy and horrid (Though quite good music) and polo has loads of guys that look the exact same :p And the music is terrible

I agree Edinburgh can be awful and it is spread out but if you have a lot of money to spend it's great!

Iv always enjoyed polo but then again iv always been extremely drunk when there haha! :D
  • Options
    BurstfireBurstfire Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birmingham & Manchester both have great nightlife in the UK.

Im not sure how BigRedSam can call brum average when it has more clubs/bars than most cities in the country (bar the obvious ones) including 3 superclubs and Gay village which is another offshoot area with gay bars n clubs. Probably not the best night you will get in the country but I would put it top 5.
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burstfire wrote: »

Im not sure how BigRedSam can call brum average when it has more clubs/bars than most cities in the country (bar the obvious ones) including 3 superclubs and Gay village which is another offshoot area with gay bars n clubs. Probably not the best night you will get in the country but I would put it top 5.

Brum nightlife is good - even the suburbs are buzzing. In Kings Heath on June 10th we've got The Source playing the Hare and Hounds, Jul 1st-3rd Moseley Jazz festival with Booker T and the MG's and Gilles Peterson. - and that's before you even reach the ring road - Broad Street,Brindley Place, Mailbox,Summer Row, Arcadian, St Pauls Square, Digbeth/Eastside v happening these days. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burstfire wrote: »

Quality, not quantity. I was mostly referring to the pink triangle area, although i've been to a few places outside of it.

I just found it very generic and dull. Everywhere seemed to be lacking that electricity that makes a good party. Not to mention the music, talk about outdated cheese.

If you like it, great. Personally, it wouldn't even make my top 10, perhaps not even top 20.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vaxhall - Sleezy? Gay? If your idea of a rave is getting strapped to a sling and fisted by a muscle queen you'll feel right at home.

!

Blimey. :eek: When I saw the thread title my first thought was of a spinney where someone I know has identified 100 species of moth. Sling/fisting or 100 different kinds of moth? You decide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey. :eek: When I saw the thread title my first thought was of a spinney where someone I know has identified 100 species of moth. Sling/fisting or 100 different kinds of moth? You decide.

Sling please. Leave the silly moths, get yourself down to the hoist. Live a little, perhaps find a hot leather guy (avoid the orange ones, their skin has the consistency of their fetish) to make you his piggy or something...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sling please. Leave the silly moths, get yourself down to the hoist. Live a little, perhaps find a hot leather guy (avoid the orange ones, their skin has the consistency of their fetish) to make you his piggy or something...

:D I fear that hoists do not have sexy connotations to me.
  • Options
    slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kent.............

No sorry I just couldnt do that to you OP lol Breakology in Margate is always good. Ermm thats about it really unless you wanna try Maidstone its not bad for nightlife and has the kind of music you like played in the clubs. Also Canterbury is a very studenty area and you get half price drinks if you have a student card, good places to go clubbing there is The Loft, Alberrys, Bar Bars, Club Kemistry.