Options

Quite possibly the worst song in the past decade - T-Pain '5 O'Clock'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLrCDzAp5M

I honestly think this is the worst song i've heard since 2002, maybe even beyond 2002. Honestly it's awful. Just awful. Stupid lyrics, rubbish melody, a stupid sample of Lily Allen, too much autotune....

It makes my ears bleed when i hear this. But for some reason Radio 1 insist on playing it!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    It is awful I'm sorry but the auto tune used is awful
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lily Allen sample is kinda nice but have to agree, what a woeful trash heap of a song. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Worst than Rebecca Black?? :)

But I agree it's pretty awful.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Quite bad alright.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people honestly listen to and buy this sort of crap? It's virtually un-listenable to!

At the very least, pop music should have some kind of melody - this is like listening to Metal Mickey trying to seduce someone with song.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    It's awful, I agree, but have you all forgotten about Swagger Jagger already??
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Completely agree... an awful 'song' - if it can even be classed as such!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're always in trouble if you need to use Lily Allen to give your tune some credibility. "What this rubbish needs is someone talking in a regional accent"

I knew it was going to be bad when the title says "ft.".

typical current music. trash.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not T Pain has done even worse than this before. Have a listen to 'church' if you're brave enough :eek:
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Believe it or not T Pain has done even worse than this before. Have a listen to 'church' if you're brave enough :eek:

I actually sort of liked that one.:o Catchy in a weird way....:cry:
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's alright but the Lily allen sample doesn't work at all
    If your gonna use a sample, at least make it sound in synch and more realistic in the song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Worst than Rebecca Black?? :)

But I agree it's pretty awful.
    OF COURSE it's worse than Rebecca Black!!'Friday' is at least funny and doesn't take itself too seriously and it's original, no samples :p
  • Options
    MikeyDLuffyMikeyDLuffy Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Two words..Swagger Jagger.
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    What about el chombo - chacarron mocaron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrmL1y3ul8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »

My thoughts as well. SJ is the worst
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you heard 'I'm in a love with a stripper ' by the man himself? A drunken favorite of ours at uni ' she rollllllllin she riding .....' ahh memories :D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the type of track that I would just skip past after hearing about 5 seconds of due to doing something until I was ready to hit the skip button.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did leave it very late to make a play for Best Thread Of The Year but you know what? You've bloody won it! :D

I agree with all your points Flaxseed, it's just such a stupid, pointless song imo.

Yes, Swagger Jagger is hardly great, but it's 10 times better than 5 O'Clock. Unlike that song, at least SJ makes up for its shallow lyrics with a good beat that you can get it behind, 5 O'Clock has nothing, there is literally no incentive to listen to it. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And speaking of this song, this guy's review of it is hilarious. :D

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/tis/tpsr/33567-ep-31-5-oclock
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I think it's a brilliant song personally. :)
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the worst song you heard in 2002? :S

And 22m views can't be bad. Abit like Bon Jovi's '100 million sales can't be bad'.

Well it can, when you're shit.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    What was the worst song you heard in 2002? :S

And 22m views can't be bad. Abit like Bon Jovi's '100 million sales can't be bad'.

Well it can, when you're shit.

Views on Youtube don't mean anything tbh, but I do think it's a good song. It's very different to most of what we've had in the charts this year (although most of you clearly don't listen to chart music, so you can't comment on that aspect of it).
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »

That song was atrocious, but my vote for the worst songs of 2011 has to go to that Loca People song and that Children In Need single (the Teardrop one?). Both of those were absolutely horrendous "songs".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree. It's so bad, I have to change the radio station whenever it comes on. T-Pain is an abomination to music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I think the Lily Allen sample actually works quite well but I agree about T-Pain's vocals - way too much auto tune! It's quite a catchy song though.