Options

Has your life ever had a soap style drama?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
Have you ever had something happening in your life similar to a soap storyline?

Comments

• Options
    thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I married a Russian but it went tits up as she was a hardcore bible basher and I wasnt really.
    I took in a girl with Aspergers to live with me (non romantic friends) that everyone hates except for me because I can see the lovely person she is hidden behind the 'odd' exterior. - but get shit about it 24/fkin7
    I gave up on my job and struggled through College/Uni on pennies to get a career and my GF at the time cheated on me and ran off - getting married to the bloke 12 months later.

Is that soap opera enough ?

How the hell I am such a cheerful bloke Ill never know.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hundreds. My ex was a former soap actor, which is pretty ridiculous. I've had affairs (in my chequered past, I'm old and good now). I've dropped everything to go and live abroad, taking a very young baby with me. I've had new starts, moving hundreds of miles. My first boyfriend was 'lord of the manor's son'. My second, a very charismatic but penniless lad. My mum died when I was a child. My dad remarried and I had a Wicked Stepmother. (who was a bible basher, and very abusive/unhinged). I have been the main witness in a court case. Am about to be, in another. And was stood down, with only hours to go, before being one of 30 odd witnesses in another... When I was a kid, I was told all my grandparents were dead, then walking through Leeds, my dad crossed the Bridge to speak to this man on the other side. Who was my grandad. My great grandad was a well known conman. And so on.

No long lost siblings, yet. And I haven't got drunk and married someone inappropriate, yet. Apart from that, I tick all the soap boxes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Oh hundreds. My ex was a former soap actor, which is pretty ridiculous. I've had affairs (in my chequered past, I'm old and good now). I've dropped everything to go and live abroad, taking a very young baby with me. I've had new starts, moving hundreds of miles. My first boyfriend was 'lord of the manor's son'. My second, a very charismatic but penniless lad. My mum died when I was a child. My dad remarried and I had a Wicked Stepmother. (who was a bible basher, and very abusive/unhinged). I have been the main witness in a court case. Am about to be, in another. And was stood down, with only hours to go, before being one of 30 odd witnesses in another... When I was a kid, I was told all my grandparents were dead, then walking through Leeds, my dad crossed the Bridge to speak to this man on the other side. Who was my grandad. My great grandad was a well known conman. And so on.

No long lost siblings, yet. And I haven't got drunk and married someone inappropriate, yet. Apart from that, I tick all the soap boxes.

it's not a boring life.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 13, on my 13th birthday to be exact, I found out my dad was only with my mum for the sake of the kids by discovering he had another woman. For 3 years I struggled with the emotional dilemma of whether or not to say anything to my mum. I didn't for wanting to protect my younger sister however it really effected my trust issues, keeping it to myself for 3 years. Anyway when this all came out, I blamed myself for my parents splitting up and tried to kill myself while violently attacking my future step mother and my dad. I spent most of my years in college struggling with anger management issues and attacking various collegues. I had a girlfriend in college however she left me for my best friend so this made me angry enough to sleep with my best friend's girlfriend (different best friend). I then met my wife and got married at 19 however the marriage was strained from the begining due to us both having trust and committment issues and would argue every single day heavilly. She cheated on me with a friend's brother and had a non physical affair with somebody from work which went on for months (texts etc). I forgave the one night stand but could never quite get the other one out of my brain. Things came to a head when she asked me to leave the house to calm down and wouldn't let me in, so I smashed the front windows, causing me to be arrested. When I got out I found out she had another boyfriend already despite it just being 2 days later. It wasn't an affair though because she met him through a dating site that my so called next door neighbour and friend had put her on to. When I found out about this, I went round to confront him and attack him which led to me being arrested a second time and when the policemen had interviewed me, they locked me in a mental hospital for a week or so...I dunno how long it was, I didn't really have much concept of time. Could have been a day, could have been a month. However when I got out, I turned to drink and drugs and was very heavilly on cocaine for a while, causing me to get into regular fights with people. I'm better now though :D

I also owned a dog once....Various people in soaps owned dogs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 13, on my 13th birthday to be exact, I found out my dad was only with my mum for the sake of the kids by discovering he had another woman. For 3 years I struggled with the emotional dilemma of whether or not to say anything to my mum. I didn't for wanting to protect my younger sister however it really effected my trust issues, keeping it to myself for 3 years. Anyway when this all came out, I blamed myself for my parents splitting up and tried to kill myself while violently attacking my future step mother and my dad. I spent most of my years in college struggling with anger management issues and attacking various collegues. I had a girlfriend in college however she left me for my best friend so this made me angry enough to sleep with my best friend's girlfriend (different best friend). I then met my wife and got married at 19 however the marriage was strained from the begining due to us both having trust and committment issues and would argue every single day heavilly. She cheated on me with a friend's brother and had a non physical affair with somebody from work which went on for months (texts etc). I forgave the one night stand but could never quite get the other one out of my brain. Things came to a head when she asked me to leave the house to calm down and wouldn't let me in, so I smashed the front windows, causing me to be arrested. When I got out I found out she had another boyfriend already despite it just being 2 days later. It wasn't an affair though because she met him through a dating site that my so called next door neighbour and friend had put her on to. When I found out about this, I went round to confront him and attack him which led to me being arrested a second time and when the policemen had interviewed me, they locked me in a mental hospital for a week or so...I dunno how long it was, I didn't really have much concept of time. Could have been a day, could have been a month. However when I got out, I turned to drink and drugs and was very heavilly on cocaine for a while, causing me to get into regular fights with people. I'm better now though :D

I also owned a dog once....Various people in soaps owned dogs...

Oh I also had a girlfriend once who had a best friend that was going out with my best friend...We had an affair.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, at different times and none of it for good reasons. I'm not gonna post the details but something that happened a couple of years ago completely changed me as a person and destroyed any confidence I ever had in myself thanks to a persons actions. It made me lose a lot trust and faith in other human beings and I realised there are some very bitter and twisted people in this world. As a result I would never completely trust anyone outside of my own 4 walls - if I didn't have my OH and kids I'd have probably topped myself tbh. Stuff can be entertaining on TV but when similar things happen in the real world it can totally destroy lives and people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why I get so frustrated with soaps when they handle things...They sometimes don't do it right.

Phil Mitchell for example is supposed to be an alcoholic but he seems to be able to come off and on the booze whenever he wants to.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Reg Cox
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    edited
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    I'm Reg Cox

I found this too funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Reg Cox

Is that the dead man in the first episode of Eastenders? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also owned a dog once....Various people in soaps owned dogs...[/QUOTE]

Holy crap man that dog stuff is some heavy shit :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Holy crap man that dog stuff is some heavy shit :eek:

I agree, the dog part is shocking! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I just thought I'd come on here and be totally honest...I didn't wanna hide anything and the fact is...I once owned a dog...I said it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just thought I'd come on here and be totally honest...I didn't wanna hide anything and the fact is...I once owned a dog...I said it.

That's straight outta Walford man
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. A few years back I ran a fairly successful pub. I got involved with a criminal gang. Just petty stuff at first, but I got involved more and more and eventually they lost trust in me and decided to try to kill me. I made plans to flee the country, but before I did I arranged to meet my mistress and my bastard love-child by a canal to say goodbye. A member of the criminal gang shot at me with a gun hidden in a bunch of daffodils and witnesses saw me fall in, apparently dead.

However, I wasn't actually dead. I kept my head down for a while but materialised again 14 years later. I shacked up with a Jewish woman and we ran the same pub I'd been landlord of before. But we fell out and one night she coshed me over the head with a doorstop, killing me properly this time. She then buried me under the floor of the pub cellar and put concrete over the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant! :D

But Jewish? Chrissie wasn't Jewish, was she? =S
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    If I have a non dramatic standard boring week, its been a good week. They are few and far between. This year has been the most stable year by far but we're only a month in, it could all change.

Separate from the personal issues my house is currently the setting of extortion. My 9 year old sister is chasing my 7 year old sister for money for painting her nails. My 7 year old is stealing it from the 9 year olds piggy bank to pay it back. Its been dealt with now but it was so funny at the time.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    its all been pretty colourful.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    My 9 year old sister is chasing my 7 year old sister for money for painting her nails. My 7 year old is stealing it from the 9 year olds piggy bank to pay it back.

Your 7 year old has the makings of a genius! :D
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seeing a girl behind her boyfriend's back ( :o ) only to discover she was also sleeping with one of my friends, who was similarly oblivious. All came out one night in the student union. Duff duff duff duffduffduff.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to steal post in my spare time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a dream once that I married a sheepdog called Rosie
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. When I look back on my life, some of it sounds unbelievable and has done whenever relating it to someone else. In some ways, I'm sad that it's made me want to withdraw from the world and have a quiet, dull little life because I think I've burned out all my 'stress hormones' and get very tired so easily. On the other hand, I have achieved some pretty good things during adversity (which has led to some wonderful moments) and have gained lots of insight through traumatic experiences. It all began when my (innocent) dad was beaten to within an inch of his life by a ruthless gang (when I was three) in a robbery that went wrong.....40 years on there's enough to fill quite a few episodes!