Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble with that though is that without 'quick bucks' - PA would (IMHO) suffer - both in monetary and exposure terms. His music is hardly setting the world on fire and he might see himself 'filling Wembley' in a couple of years - but I think that's pie in the sky rather than a tangible goal.

I agree Pru. He isn't, never has been and never will be credible. He's done well to drag out his rejuvenated fame out for as long as he has done by going down the reality tv route but I really don't think he has any other real options as far as a career path goes.

I've read comments on here saying his attempts at presenting were embarrassing, his music will never get him the level of fame he craves and so it really appears that selling his life is his only real way to keep famous.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Have you been 'outed' by Ella. Just googled that person she thought you could be. It would fit. :D

I'm actually Roxanne :o

:eek:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    The dogs are mentioned on his twitter profile (he calls himself a 'proud pug owner') and as at least the first is from Battersea Dogs' Home, he can't just get rid of them - he will have been vetted and he will have had to sign a contract before being allowed to take them home. I have also seen a video of Pete and Emily taking them out for a walk.

Yes, last year, last series. They haven't been seen since then.

As for being mentioned on his twitter, hardly proof, Liz. He also says he's a singer on his profile... that could be disputed. :p
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    How interesting, Val. I can't believe he would have taken them on and then given them back. (...Well actually, that's not true at all, I can totally believe that's exactly what he's done.)
    If he has got rid of them,i won't be happy with him,it'll make me think he only got them for the camera's,he knew what he was taking on when he got them,but we'll see,i hope for his sake he hasn't,he will lose a fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    If he has got rid of them,i won't be happy with him,it'll make me think he only got them for the camera's,he knew what he was taking on when he got them,but we'll see,i hope for his sake he hasn't,he will lose a fan.

I don't think you can just get rid of them, if they are rescue dogs, but would have to go through the organisation that gave them to you.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can just get rid of them, if they are rescue dogs, but would have to go through the organisation that gave them to you.

You can take them back though and say things haven't worked out. It's not uncommon, sadly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore dogs,i have a rescue dog and 2 cats myself,they go though so much,i would just hate to think he has picked them up,and got bored and handed them back,more upset for them...But i won't tear into him at this stage,their could be a good reason why he isn't showing them,and i'm jumping the gun a bit,i'm getting on a bit,and tend to think the worse lol...we'll see.it'll come out if he has,all he has to do is answer his fans,and put it to bed,but he won't answer.
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    You can take them back though and say things haven't worked out. It's not uncommon, sadly

And traumatic for the pet involved. Dogs are particularly sensitive animals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For the cameras and on a whim, I'd say.

IF they still are there, I just find it so strange that they're now invisible despite his latest series featuring so much homelife. Also, he said a couple of pretty leading things in the last ep that makes me think they're gone - blathering on about fish being a big responsibility, and who would feed them when he wasn't there etc... well, if he has the pugs, presumably they're being fed when he's not there so whoever is feeding the pugs would just feed the fish surely...?

ETA: @Val - absolutely, all he has to do is confirm they're still with him and we can stop speculating.
    Forum Member
    I absolutely adore dogs,i have a rescue dog and 2 cats myself,they go though so much,i would just hate to think he has picked them up,and got bored and handed them back,more upset for them...But i won't tear into him at this stage,their could be a good reason why he isn't showing them,and i'm jumping the gun a bit,i'm getting on a bit,and tend to think the worse lol...we'll see.it'll come out if he has,all he has to do is answer his fans,and put it to bed,but he won't answer.

It would only be OK if they are with a family member, e.g. his aunt or was it a cousin, who will keep them and love them for life. A dog is a commitment for maybe 15 years or longer, some people do not seem to understand that or the psychological damage they cause if they cast them out of their 'pack'.

Anyway, maybe Pete does still have them, but there are no signs of them in the house, no dog beds, no toys etc., and if he doesn't, I hope they have found a loving permanent home together.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

You are right. I have taken on 3 rescue animals over the years..1 cat and 2 dogs. When you get an animal from a rescue centre you don't then automatically 'own' them, you just adopt them. You have to sign to agree that you will return them to the shelter if you find that you can no longer care for them..you can't just pass them on to anyone else.

I must admit though, I do feel that he no longer has them.:(

Maybe what with everything that was going on in his house regarding Andrew he may have felt he couldn't give them the time and commitment they needed, especially in the weeks leading up to Andrew's death, he and the whole family would have been totally focused on that.

Im just guessing obviously...who knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    For the cameras and on a whim, I'd say.

IF they still are there, I just find it so strange that they're now invisible despite his latest series featuring so much homelife. Also, he said a couple of pretty leading things in the last ep that makes me think they're gone - blathering on about fish being a big responsibility, and who would feed them when he wasn't there etc... well, if he has the pugs, presumably they're being fed when he's not there so whoever is feeding the pugs would just feed the fish surely...?

ETA: @Val - absolutely, all he has to do is confirm they're still with him and we can stop speculating.
    It's upsetting,because he made such a song and dance about them,even down to naming them etc...Like i said,he knew what he was taking on when he got them,it would be cruel to hand them back the moment he got bored with them..Sorry for ranting,it's just something close to my heart.
    Forum Member
    I might be wrong but I didn't think Porridge was a rescue dog. I know Charlie was but I thought he bought Porridge as a puppy.

Have I got it wrong?
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And traumatic for the pet involved. Dogs are particularly sensitive animals.

... well that's not going to mix well with his singing :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The rumour is when Andrew was very, very ill the dogs where given temporary to another member of the Andre family to look after. I do not know if there is much truth in the rumour.

And old saying that always seems to be the truth: A rumour/lie runs halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I didn't think Porridge was a rescue dog. I know Charlie was but I thought he bought Porridge as a puppy.

Have I got it wrong?

I thought Porridge was the dog he got after meeting the breeder on the now infamous Keith Lemon show where the girl didn't win the puppy?

Or have I got it wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rumour is when Andrew was very, very ill the dogs where given temporary to another member of the Andre family to look after. I do not know if there is much truth in the rumour.

And old saying that always seems to be the truth: A rumour/lie runs halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on.
    I don't know what to think,we'll probably find out soon enough,i just hope that the dogs are alright,where ever they are...
    Forum Member

I could accept and understand that if true
    Forum Member
    I thought Porridge was the dog he got after meeting the breeder on the now infamous Keith Lemon show where the girl didn't win the puppy?

Or have I got it wrong?

Tbh I can't 100% remember.:o

But you may be right....it sort of rings a bell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to think,we'll probably find out soon enough,i just hope that the dogs are alright,where ever they are...

I hope the dogs have a happy forever home as well Val. I can understand having someone temporary take care of them but if he has given them away permanently then shame on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the dogs have a happy forever home as well Val. I can understand having someone temporary take care of them but if he has given them away permanently then shame on him.
    I could understand that absolutely as well,nobody would think bad of him at all,nothing to be ashamed of,it's just that he's remaining very tight lipped,as if it's something he doesn't want us to know,he wants us to take an interest in his life,and to me,that includes his animals as well,i just want to know if they are alright,that's all..I'm a big animal lover,i'd take them all on if i could:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really? Where did that rumour come from? And surely if that were the case, PA would just confirm it? And they'd be back home now in any case, as the kids would be missing them. It's the absence of the kids' talking about them that's most suspect.

But then, it is a very heavily edited show....
    Forum Member

I totally agree!..I defend him when I feel it's called for but if he has given them away then I wont defend him on that!

Im an animal lover and it infuriates me when anyone gets an animal on a whim and then doesn't fulfil the commitment to that animal.

I have fallen out with a cousin of mine because of the way her and her partner are with animals. They have a dog for a few months and then they get rid of it for some lame reason but then a few weeks later there is another dog in the house, then after a while that dog has gone and then they have another one.:mad::mad::mad:
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I totally agree!..I defend him when I feel it's called for but if he has given them away then I wont defend him on that!

Im an animal lover and it infuriates me when anyone gets an animal on a whim and then doesn't fulfil the commitment to that animal.

I have fallen out with a cousin of mine because of the way her and her partner are with animals. They have a dog for a few months and then they get rid of it for some lame reason but then a few weeks later there is another dog in the house, then after a while that dog has gone and then they have another one.:mad::mad::mad:

BIB. Same here.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is what i heard, and i do understand to a degree, but i do feel that it should of been mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.