Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I imagine if he went about it in the right way, even people that can't warm to him would think that his efforts are commendable and would donate even a couple of quid.
    Absolutely. I can't stand Ronan Keating, but I have to give him his due on the work he does for the Marie Keating Foundation.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I imagine if he went about it in the right way, even people that can't warm to him would think that his efforts are commendable and would donate even a couple of quid. I think that seeing people who benefit from the work of cancer charities would make it more inclusive and people can see the *real* side of the battle against cancer.

This is what I don't understand about him. He's been given a *massive* platform by one of the most recognizable charities in the UK, and he still can't pull his finger out and support them properly. It *really* doesn't take a lot to spread the word. I should know. I volunteered for charities for a long time!

I know. That's what makes it really sad is that someone like PA has been chosen and is making a complete hash of it. I actually expected (slightly) more from him, even in a "me me me" sense of "Support this charity because it has the PA Seal of Approval" or some shizz. Oh God, his jokes. I groan whenever I see one pop up on my Tweet Deck *vomit*

:eek: :eek: :eek: ME! It's mine! It's all mine! *turns feral*

I remember just before I moved house, I went into a "Bargain Basement" type establishment and the place was full of PA calendars and unofficial KP ones. I nearly went blind with the amount of greasy flesh on show :D

*sigh* I don't know why I waste my bandwidth on this twerp, but I just love all your comments, good and bad...

Absolutely 100% this.
    I think that one of the reasons why people are being so critical is that HE made such a song and dance about the charity and the "foundation" in the first place.
    HE made the pledge and presumably HE set the figure that he promised to raise.
    There doesn't seem to be anything at all on BBCAndre about the charity whatsoever.
    He could surely have ensured that his FANS were being kept up to date with his fundraising - even if it was just something as relatively simple as "If you enjoy BBCAndre please pledge a pound for my charity" but he seems to be more interested in plugging himself, his coffee shop, his 60MM show and his overwhelming, overriding fabulousness.

@Nota - completely agree with you about Ronan Keating.
    Personally I think he's a complete twerp, but as far as his charity goes I cannot fault him.

@BEL - you worry me hon, you really do.;)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    "Acorn"?

:D:D:D:D:D
    Nailed it Goaty.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see him on Lorraine, did he mention the foundation at all Betty?

I didn't watch him this time.. But from what I'm told ..no he didn't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirivat
    I'm obviously no Andre fan but I donated to his foundation ashen he announced it because I think the idea of the buses is a good one ...
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirivat
    I'm obviously no Andre fan but I donated to his foundation ashen he announced it because I think the idea of the buses is a good one ...

Good for you Betty , well done ! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexie wrote: »
    I am fan of Pete's, and I have just been enjoying the terrific new site that he has created for his fans, when up pops a needless, facetious comment from Azura's Star. Just, why???

If you are a non-fan, spending your time reading, writing and trawling the internet for stuff about someone you can't stand, what does that make you? Desperate, sad and pathetic :yawn::yawn::yawn:. And a troll.

btw, Pete has played and sold out Wembley before - get over it.
    vidalia wrote: »
    If people want to spend their days researching and finding out what their least favourite person in the entire world is doing and then posting about it to people of a similar viewpoint then that is their choice.

However if you choose to post on their fansite you can expect genuine fans to come on post on your non-fansite as they also have that right.
    vidalia wrote: »
    There are some pretty insulting things being said about Peter Andre's fans on this thread (deluded nutjobs springs to mind) as well as claims that insulting the 'natives' on that site is Azura Star's new hobby.

Horses for courses I suppose but if fans of Z list celebrities need to learn not to insult those who criticise them, then surely the same applies to non-fans insulting the fans?
    Fizgig wrote: »
    But in context, it's a person who daily writes negatively about PA, actively seeks him out regularly. Then they go over to his fan site & do the same on that. Time can't be a factor for some.

Agree with you. I think his teen fans have more maturity to bother to come here to converse with/about people they don't like though.

I think it's only fair to at least attempt to address some of the points raised on here.
    I was attempting to do things in a humorous way, but clearly failed miserably.

If you actually put the fact that BBCAndre is nothing more than a massive vanity project for the giant Manbaby to garner even more attention to one side, I would suggest that you read some of the posts his fans have been leaving.

So far, I have seen posters asking for advice about their gynaecological problems, a friend who is "cutting herself", and all manner of parenting issues.
    These poor people are asking for this level of advice FROM PETER ANDRE:mad:
    It's not just that he is in no way equipped to answer these questions, it's also frankly terrifying that anyone could possibly imagine that he could.

And it's that, along with the utter lack of any mention of his charity and fundraising activities that led me to post.

If people who are fans of his are offended, then I'm sorry that is how they feel but perhaps they should just spare a thought for some of the posters on BBCAndre who are so lacking in help and support (and possibly in some cases judgement) that they feel their only recourse to any kind of advice is from the orange one himself.
    HE may or may not be an abomination, but imo this is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    Good for you Betty , well done ! :)

Sadly lost to many lovely people to cancer Momma and anything that can help detect early signs of cancer is very important to me.. Not liking a person is no reason not to support a good cause IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly lost to many lovely people to cancer Momma and anything that can help detect early signs of cancer is very important to me.. Not liking a person is no reason not to support a good cause IMO

Totally agree with you Betty , we give every month to Cancer Research , but I did donate a one off payment to PA's fund , our other charity is to Gt. Ormond St. We have been Friends of Gt Ormond St Hospital for over 30 years as my son ( a baby at the time ) was treated there for several years , they saved his life , so this is our primary charity , although we also donate to Oxfam from time to time. We would like to donate to most good causes , but finances dictate otherwise , so we prioritise the ones which are most important to us.
    I totally understand where you are coming from.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you Betty , we give every month to Cancer Research , but I did donate a one off payment to PA's fund , our other charity is to Gt. Ormond St. We have been Friends of Gt Ormond St Hospital for over 30 years as my son ( a baby at the time ) was treated there for several years , they saved his life , so this is our primary charity , although we also donate to Oxfam from time to time. We would like to donate to most good causes , but finances dictate otherwise , so we prioritise the ones which are most important to us.

Hi Momma :) We do the same, you get so many requests so we choose 5 each year to focus on and CR's always been one so we're supporting through Pete's Foundation this year. Seeing him in concert in a few days time so any requests? Though not sure how close we'll get as it's an open air one. Expected my OH to come under extreme sufferance but he was surprisingly enthusiastic (unless he just wants to keep an eye on me :o) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gt Ormond St is an amazing hospital..I've had dealing there myself (family member) my chosen charity is Zoe's Place a children's Hospice in Liverpool..they do an amazing job..but like you if I see a cause that is important I try to give when I can... Infact my birthday was recently and I asked my friends to give money to Zoe's place rather than gifts...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Hi Momma :) We do the same, you get so many requests so we choose 5 each year to focus on and CR's always been one so we're supporting through Pete's Foundation this year. Seeing him in concert in a few days time so any requests? Though not sure how close we'll get as it's an open air one. Expected my OH to come under extreme sufferance but he was surprisingly enthusiastic (unless he just wants to keep an eye on me :o) :D

You will have to get some pics for Momma .. Maybe OH is worried you will storm the stage ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey Sam ! one request , unconditional , although I'm sure he will do this as part of the set anyway , I really like this song !
    If you do indeed storm the stage , can you send me some pics ?
    Ask your OH if he will man the camera , I would sure appreciate this ;)

Enjoy the concert , lucky you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to get some pics for Momma .. Maybe OH is worried you will storm the stage ;)

I bloomin' hope so Betty ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

I bloomin' hope so Betty ! :D

Can you imagine the headlines... Andre fights off woman as she screams "I'm doing this for Momma " :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try to control myself but after a few hours in the hot sun who knows :eek: If the worst happens I'll say you two put me up to it :p:D

I'll do my best to get you some pics Momma :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the headlines... Andre fights off woman as she screams "I'm doing this for Momma " :D:D:D
    I'm going to try to control myself but after a few hours in the hot sun who knows :eek: If the worst happens I'll say you two put me up to it :p:D

:D:D:...You two ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D I'm happy to take my share of the responciblity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I used to compete in the hurdles so the barricades wouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure I could cope with the terrified look on his face as I came hurtling towards him - he's suffered enough poor bloke. Speaking of which what on earth have they been doing to him today on 60MM ?https://twitter.com/JuliaKendell/status/357474241484046336/photo/1
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far, I have seen posters asking for advice about their gynaecological problems, a friend who is "cutting herself", and all manner of parenting issues.
    It's not just that he is in no way equipped to answer these questions, it's also frankly terrifying that anyone could possibly imagine that he could.

Oh God, are people really asking him for advice about that sort of thing?! That's appalling. This notion that celebrities are somehow the epitome of wisdom has been growing over a past few years and is frankly disturbing. Especially as the ones who most often get asked for/offer 'advice' are the absolute bottom of the barrel losers with less intelligence and common sense than my pet dog (like Peter Andre, see also Kerry Katona and Amy Childs). More intelligent celebrities never do that sort of thing, but that's because they're intelligent enough to know that they shouldn't! Also, they tend to have fans who are a bit more intelligent (I'm not saying all PA fans are stupid, momma and SenseiSam show us that's not true, but zelebs like him seem to have a magnetic pull on halfwits)
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I used to compete in the hurdles so the barricades wouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure I could cope with the terrified look on his face as I came hurtling towards him - he's suffered enough poor bloke. Speaking of which what on earth have they been doing to him today on 60MM ?https://twitter.com/JuliaKendell/status/357474241484046336/photo/1

I'll reply to the other posts later, but just had to say, do you think they're using a pressurized hose to get rid of his orange glow? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »

Oh God, are people really asking him for advice about that sort of thing?! That's appalling. This notion that celebrities are somehow the epitome of wisdom has been growing over a past few years and is frankly disturbing. Especially as the ones who most often get asked for/offer 'advice' are the absolute bottom of the barrel losers with less intelligence and common sense than my pet dog (like Peter Andre, see also Kerry Katona and Amy Childs). More intelligent celebrities never do that sort of thing, but that's because they're intelligent enough to know that they shouldn't! Also, they tend to have fans who are a bit more intelligent (I'm not saying all PA fans are stupid, momma and SenseiSam show us that's not true, but zelebs like him seem to have a magnetic pull on halfwits)

Yes they really are.
    I can't decide whether I find it terrifying or just really, really sad.
    I must admit that I did go on there to post to have a laugh and take the pee a little bit - but the sight of so much hideous Andre-worshipping ( a great deal of it coming from the man himself:rolleyes::rolleyes:), the appalling "Dadvice" column, the lack of any mention of the charity and the truly depressing amount of people with GENUINE problems asking someone like Peter Andre for serious advice sent me into a bit of a fury I'm afraid.

I think your point about some PA fans (like momma and Sensei for example) is a perfectly valid one.
    Clearly those type of fans are intelligent and whilst they are fans of PA, they seem more than capable of being able to see the wood from the trees so to speak.
    It's the others who bother me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I guess, Kat :D

Actually I agree that in the same way that his Foundation page directs people to the CR website for info on cancer symptoms it would be sensible if they are going to have that kind of feature to have some links to expert sources of advice and to make sure any people with severe problems are pointed in the right direction. Not wise and could lead to problems so I hope they rethink.

Added later: Just to be clear I think it would be better to drop the 'Ask Pete' bits completely.
This discussion has been closed.