Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'll reply to the other posts later, but just had to say, do you think they're using a pressurized hose to get rid of his orange glow? :D

I think that would take a blowtorch!
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Absolutely 100% this.
    I think that one of the reasons why people are being so critical is that HE made such a song and dance about the charity and the "foundation" in the first place.
    HE made the pledge and presumably HE set the figure that he promised to raise.
    There doesn't seem to be anything at all on BBCAndre about the charity whatsoever.
    He could surely have ensured that his FANS were being kept up to date with his fundraising - even if it was just something as relatively simple as "If you enjoy BBCAndre please pledge a pound for my charity" but he seems to be more interested in plugging himself, his coffee shop, his 60MM show and his overwhelming, overriding fabulousness.

@Nota - completely agree with you about Ronan Keating.
    Personally I think he's a complete twerp, but as far as his charity goes I cannot fault him.

@BEL - you worry me hon, you really do.;)

Worry not Azura, I'm quite happy floating about in my own wee bubble:D
    I didn't watch him this time.. But from what I'm told ..no he didn't

Hmmm another missed opportunity then?
    I think it's only fair to at least attempt to address some of the points raised on here.
    I was attempting to do things in a humorous way, but clearly failed miserably.

If you actually put the fact that BBCAndre is nothing more than a massive vanity project for the giant Manbaby to garner even more attention to one side, I would suggest that you read some of the posts his fans have been leaving.

So far, I have seen posters asking for advice about their gynaecological problems, a friend who is "cutting herself", and all manner of parenting issues.
    These poor people are asking for this level of advice FROM PETER ANDRE
    :mad:
    It's not just that he is in no way equipped to answer these questions, it's also frankly terrifying that anyone could possibly imagine that he could.

And it's that, along with the utter lack of any mention of his charity and fundraising activities that led me to post.

If people who are fans of his are offended, then I'm sorry that is how they feel but perhaps they should just spare a thought for some of the posters on BBCAndre who are so lacking in help and support (and possibly in some cases judgement) that they feel their only recourse to any kind of advice is from the orange one himself.
    HE may or may not be an abomination, but imo this is.

I have always found your posts to be (mostly) lighthearted & humorous Azura & this isn't a case of just agreeing with another who is equally irritated by PA, I have pointed out prior to your "trolling";) that I always had a giggle at your posts.

IF PA is inviting people to ask him for advice on such serious matters such as self harming etc then he is being an irresponsible fool, people with problems as serious as this should be seeing someone qualified in dealing with psychological issues, not some zeleb who thinks he is mine of information on every problem known to man.

IF he has not asked people to go to him with their problems but they are doing so off their own back then surely common sense would tell him that he is in no way qualified to deal with them & should gently suggest they talk to a family member or GP.
    Since I haven't looked at his site today, he may well be suggesting they go for help elsewhere, but one thing is for sure, these people asking for advice didn't suddenly think "I know who'll help.......Peter Andre" Somewhere along the line it's been suggested that PA is on par with a qualified counsellor, utterly ridiculous:mad:
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Well I used to compete in the hurdles so the barricades wouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure I could cope with the terrified look on his face as I came hurtling towards him - he's suffered enough poor bloke. Speaking of which what on earth have they been doing to him today on 60MM ?https://twitter.com/JuliaKendell/status/357474241484046336/photo/1

Possibly off to lock him in a cupboard before he kicks over yet another tin of paint & ruins the 73rd carpet;)
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    So far, I have seen posters asking for advice about their gynaecological problems, a friend who is "cutting herself", and all manner of parenting issues.
    These poor people are asking for this level of advice FROM PETER ANDRE:mad:
    It's not just that he is in no way equipped to answer these questions, it's also frankly terrifying that anyone could possibly imagine that he could.

Oh God, are people really asking him for advice about that sort of thing?! That's appalling. This notion that celebrities are somehow the epitome of wisdom has been growing over a past few years and is frankly disturbing. Especially as the ones who most often get asked for/offer 'advice' are the absolute bottom of the barrel losers with less intelligence and common sense than my pet dog (like Peter Andre, see also Kerry Katona and Amy Childs). More intelligent celebrities never do that sort of thing, but that's because they're intelligent enough to know that they shouldn't! Also, they tend to have fans who are a bit more intelligent (I'm not saying all PA fans are stupid, momma and SenseiSam show us that's not true, but zelebs like him seem to have a magnetic pull on halfwits)

As I said earlier I've not looked at his site today, is he actually asking the public to go to him with their problems?
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have always found your posts to be (mostly) lighthearted & humorous Azura & this isn't a case of just agreeing with another who is equally irritated by PA, I have pointed out prior to your "trolling";) that I always had a giggle at your posts.

IF PA is inviting people to ask him for advice on such serious matters such as self harming etc then he is being an irresponsible fool, people with problems as serious as this should be seeing someone qualified in dealing with psychological issues, not some zeleb who thinks he is mine of information on every problem known to man.

IF he has not asked people to go to him with their problems but they are doing so off their own back then surely common sense would tell him that he is in no way qualified to deal with them & should gently suggest they talk to a family member or GP.
    Since I haven't looked at his site today, he may well be suggesting they go for help elsewhere, but one thing is for sure, these people asking for advice didn't suddenly think "I know who'll help.......Peter Andre" Somewhere along the line it's been suggested that PA is on par with a qualified counsellor, utterly ridiculous:mad:

Possibly off to lock him in a cupboard before he kicks over yet another tin of paint & ruins the 73rd carpet;)
    These poor people are asking for this level of advice FROM PETER ANDRE:mad:

As I said earlier I've not looked at his site today, is he actually asking the public to go to him with their problems?

There is a specific page called "Dadvice" on which the patron saint of parenthood invites people to ask parenting questions, whilst bestowing his pearls of wisdom on child rearing.
    The column is (obviously) headed by a large picture of PA, Junior and Princess.

There is also an "Ask Andre" - type page, where posters are invited to ask PA questions - although it doesn't specify what type of questions they should be.
    Some of these poor misguided people have taken it literally and are asking all manner of personal, sometimes quite serious questions.
    The two which I found the most alarming were the one I mentioned before - a girl asking how to help her friend who was cutting herself and a woman who,after posting quite detailed medical information about her numerous operations for ovarian cysts was asking Peter Andre how he thought she should come to terms with the scarring she now had following her operations.
    I also saw a post from someone with a relative who had recently been diagnosed with cancer, asking PA the best way to cope.
    I should also point out that posts like this are mixed in with many more posts along the lines of "OMG Peter Andre is well fit n sexy innit".

Now, I am not suggesting that PA could have necessarily anticipated this - presumably he was hoping for such taxing questions as "On a scale of 1 to 10, just how fabulous are you?"
    BUT this cannot be right.
    So far, I haven't seen any responses to any of the questions but the fact that they are there at all just concerns me hugely.
    I wonder whether whoever is running the website will be in a position to direct some of these people in the direction of the RIGHT sort of help / advice - or whether they will just not bother.

Honestly, I wish I could find something lighthearted to say, but it's all just too flipping depressing at the moment.

Don't take my word for it though.
    Take a look for yourself and make your own mind up.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'll reply to the other posts later, but just had to say, do you think they're using a pressurized hose to get rid of his orange glow? :D

I think they're preparing to lower him into a vat of paint stripper. Either that or getting him ready to barbecue maybe... or shoot out of a cannon...

I'd tune in if any of the above were likely.
    Forum Member

There is a specific page called "Dadvice" on which the patron saint of parenthood invites people to ask parenting questions, whilst bestowing his pearls of wisdom on child rearing.
    The column is (obviously) headed by a large picture of PA, Junior and Princess.

There is also an "Ask Andre" - type page, where posters are invited to ask PA questions - although it doesn't specify what type of questions they should be.
    Some of these poor misguided people have taken it literally and are asking all manner of personal, sometimes quite serious questions.
    The two which I found the most alarming were the one I mentioned before - a girl asking how to help her friend who was cutting herself and a woman who,after posting quite detailed medical information about her numerous operations for ovarian cysts was asking Peter Andre how he thought she should come to terms with the scarring she now had following her operations.
    I also saw a post from someone with a relative who had recently been diagnosed with cancer, asking PA the best way to cope.
    I should also point out that posts like this are mixed in with many more posts along the lines of "OMG Peter Andre is well fit n sexy innit".

Now, I am not suggesting that PA could have necessarily anticipated this - presumably he was hoping for such taxing questions as "On a scale of 1 to 10, just how fabulous are you?"
    BUT this cannot be right.
    So far, I haven't seen any responses to any of the questions but the fact that they are there at all just concerns me hugely.
    I wonder whether whoever is running the website will be in a position to direct some of these people in the direction of the RIGHT sort of help / advice - or whether they will just not bother.

Honestly, I wish I could find something lighthearted to say, but it's all just too flipping depressing at the moment.

Don't take my word for it though.
    Take a look for yourself and make your own mind up.

I'll have a look tomorrow Azura but I'm prepared to be shocked, words of advice in his Magazine column to all his celeb "friends" I can just about stomach but if what I imagine his "Ask Andre" page is going to be like then it's just wrong, wrong, wrong!:mad:
    And I would say that about any unqualified person dishing out advice on such serious issues.
    Anyway I stupidly allowed PA to irritate the life out of me last night & I'm not allowing it to happen again tonight, no Siree!
    He can wait till the morning:)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEL
    I didn't see it as a missed opportunity more of a bloody blessing
    Forum Member
    BEL
    I didn't see it as a missed opportunity more of a bloody blessing

Wires crossed Betty, I was refering to PA missing an opportunity to promote his Foundation:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just apologise to everyone for making a total hash of the quotes - some of the things I have said may be being wrongly attributed to other FMs, and I really don't want anyone else to be taking any flak for things that were actually posted by me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just apologise to everyone for making a total hash of the quotes - some of the things I have said may be being wrongly attributed to other FMs, and I really don't want anyone else to be taking any flak for things that were actually posted by me?

Erm *cough* I was just about to comment on the quote disorder. It's making DOTY's thread very untidy and confusing. ;)

JFI, all you need to do to fix it is remove the extraneous html and make sure each quote (if multi-quoting) is within a [ quote ] [ / quote ]

eg. if the beginning of the quote looks like this:

[ QUOTE=Azura's Star;67174376 ][ QUOTE=Lexi22 ;99999999 ] blah bah blah blah....

the first 'quote' within/incl the brackets (your one) is the relevant one, just remove the second one (my one) and it will display correctly.

Apply the same principle to multiquoting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Erm *cough* I was just about to comment on the quote disorder. It's making DOTY's thread very untidy and confusing. ;)

JFI, all you need to do to fix it is remove the extraneous html

eg. if the beginning of the quote looks like this:

[ QUOTE=Azura's Star;67174376 ][ QUOTE=Lexi22 ;99999999 ] blah bah blah blah....

the first 'quote' within/incl the brackets (your one) is the relevant one, just remove the second one (my one) and it will display correctly.

Apply the same principle to multiquoting.

And now in English for those of us suffering from heat-related brain meltdown....:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now in English for those of us suffering from heat-related brain meltdown....:confused:

I'm sorry, Azura, it's difficult to explain without the misquoting coding visible on screen. I was trying to make it as simple as possible -

essentially, each individual quote should only have one poster name before it - it'll be the first one displayed. If there's more than one name (as per my demo above using your name and mine) , then quotes will be attributed to the 2nd name, not the 1st, the correct one.

Sorry, I guess that's not any less confusing. :D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think of them like bookends AS - make sure the beginning of each quote is '' and that you always end it with '' and use Preview Post to check that all's well before Submit Reply.

(Remove the ' I only put them in because otherwise it turns into quotes :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of them like bookends AS - make sure the beginning of each quote is '' and that you always end it with '' and use Preview Post to check that all's well before Submit Reply.

(Remove the ' I only put them in because otherwise it turns into quotes :))
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Azura, it's difficult to explain without the misquoting coding visible on screen. I was trying to make it as simple as possible -

essentially, each individual quote should only have one poster name before it - it'll be the first one displayed. If there's more than one name (as per my demo above using your name and mine) , then quotes will be attributed to the 2nd name, not the 1st, the correct one.

Sorry, I guess that's not any less confusing. :D

:confused::confused:
    Thank you both, but I am clearly a complete technological dimwit, despite the fact that I use my laptop approximately 80% of the time I'm at work.:o

It's probably best I just keep apologising to the FMs who are being wrongly tainted by association with my posts, although if anyone says anything vaguely intelligent or perceptive and it is inadvertently attributed to me, I will be claiming it with no shame whatsoever.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D It is confusing if you're not familiar with html/code.

Maybe pop over to ChannelDim and ask DOTY to explain.
    #heretohelp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both, but I am clearly a complete technological dimwit, despite the fact that I use my laptop approximately 80% of the time I'm at work.:o

It's probably best I just keep apologising to the FMs who are being wrongly tainted by association with my posts, although if anyone says anything vaguely intelligent or perceptive and it is inadvertently attributed to me, I will be claiming it with no shame whatsoever.:D

Sorry if comes across as gobbledegook, it's genuinely much simpler than in sounds. Best thing is to use Preview and play around and it will soon become clear.

Good idea Lexi, I'll submit a request for a special one to one video call for Pete to explain the intricacies of HTML coding to Azura - just so long as we can have both sides filmed for our enjoyment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if comes across as gobbledegook, it's genuinely much simpler than in sounds. Best thing is to use Preview and play around and it will soon become clear.

Good idea Lexi, I'll submit a request for a special one to one video call for Pete to explain the intricacies of HTML coding to Azura - just so long as we can have both sides filmed for our enjoyment.

Best idea ever!!
    Count me in - although I will need a few days notice to make myself look suitable for a one-on-one session with PA.
    All that Ronseal takes a while to dry you know.;)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    What happens to the launch on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best idea ever!!
    Count me in - although I will need a few days notice to make myself look suitable for a one-on-one session with PA.
    All that Ronseal takes a while to dry you know.;)

Fabulous! Keep August 9th free as that's the date he'll be making a select few's dreams come true - should give you enough time to perfect a matching skin tone so we don't have to keep adjusting our sets :D

*DISCLAIMER - this is only if I happen to win the chance of a lifetime which I will sacrifice for the greater good of Azura's technical education and the general tidiness and intelligibility of the thread * (insert halo smilie here)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabulous! Keep August 9th free as that's the date he'll be making a select few's dreams come true - should give you enough time to perfect a matching skin tone so we don't have to keep adjusting our sets :D

*DISCLAIMER - this is only if I happen to win the chance of a lifetime which I will sacrifice for the greater good of Azura's technical education and the general tidiness and intelligibility of the thread * (insert halo smilie here)

Oooooooooooooh.
    I'm genuinely excited.

*runs off to apply first coat of Ronseal and 100% nylon hair extensions*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So long as you understand he's going to keep on explaining until you fully comprehend so it could be a loooooong call.
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 9th will not be only remembered as the day the USA flattened Nagasaki with "fat boy" but as the day Peter met his humble minions.

Also if PA is still giving out advice where can I post my question: Peter, I have noticed lately that I have been becoming very needy and my me,me,me attitude is starting to take it's toll on my hired friends and my frustrated family, I know the world would be a better place if I could be cloned but before I go down this dollly the sheep road I need to learn how to do the lady Di sad eyes that you have perfected to garner sympathy rather than scorn, can you please send me a step by step diagram on how to achieve this look, if you have the "Blue Steel" step by step too that would be much appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 9th will not be only remembered as the day the USA flattened Nagasaki with "fat boy" but as the day Peter met his humble minions.

Also if PA is still giving out advice where can I post my question: Peter, I have noticed lately that I have been becoming very needy and my me,me,me attitude is starting to take it's toll on my hired friends and my frustrated family, I know the world would be a better place if I could be cloned but before I go down this dollly the sheep road I need to learn how to do the lady Di sad eyes that you have perfected to garner sympathy rather than scorn, can you please send me a step by step diagram on how to achieve this look, if you have the "Blue Steel" step by step too that would be much appreciated.

https://thepeterandrechannel.com

Like the great man himself, I'm here to help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In preparation for my one-on-one (which try to fight it as I might must surely be written in the stars) I thought I would have a list of questions from PA's fans ready to ask him, as none of them seem to be getting a response.

Pete, how do I explain to my 11 year old son that his Daddy has cancer? I don't feel I have the emotional or factual 'tools' to tackle this confidently. I'm dreading it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks. x

my daughter had a massive meltdown in public today outside the school, she is partially deaf. how do you deal with meltdowns from you children if your in public? usually I send mine to bed but you cant when your in public

Im one of your terminally ill fans and you are on my bucket list to meet you and it would be a dream come true if it happened

This week we saw the death of cory monteith,very sad and will be sadly missed...i believe this to be from drugs and celebrity life...can you explain how celebriy life is for you and how hard it can be

Hi pete can u follow me on twitter and like the barneys angels page, my friend died of brain tumour recently leaving two young girls and his wife heart broken, doing lots of charity events now in loving memory of him would love to have your praise in what we r doing x

These are honestly genuine - I swear I haven't made them up.
    Forum Member
    In preparation for my one-on-one (which try to fight it as I might must surely be written in the stars) I thought I would have a list of questions from PA's fans ready to ask him, as none of them seem to be getting a response.

Pete, how do I explain to my 11 year old son that his Daddy has cancer? I don't feel I have the emotional or factual 'tools' to tackle this confidently. I'm dreading it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks. x

my daughter had a massive meltdown in public today outside the school, she is partially deaf. how do you deal with meltdowns from you children if your in public? usually I send mine to bed but you cant when your in public

Im one of your terminally ill fans and you are on my bucket list to meet you and it would be a dream come true if it happened

This week we saw the death of cory monteith,very sad and will be sadly missed...i believe this to be from drugs and celebrity life...can you explain how celebriy life is for you and how hard it can be

Hi pete can u follow me on twitter and like the barneys angels page, my friend died of brain tumour recently leaving two young girls and his wife heart broken, doing lots of charity events now in loving memory of him would love to have your praise in what we r doing x

These are honestly genuine - I swear I haven't made them up.

Words fail me:mad: especially the bib question, someone needs to put a stop to vulnerable people asking PA for advice on matters he's clearly not qualified to deal with.
    Forum Member
    Oh Lord he's posted a picture of himself & Robbie Williams on Twitter, saying they lost touch years ago but "If Robbie is reading this, he's to get in touch"

Run Robbie, run!!!!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.