Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Afternoon
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! I've got a problem - I think L.A. has left my college :cry: Her profile appears to have been removed from the college website. It was on there last night! I had it open in a spare tab (I've a habit of leaving over 100 tabs open in browsers). What am I gonna do? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

I have the house to myself thankfully. Mum and Dad are playing golf. :)

Aww Cnbc. Maybe it was just time for her to move on. Separation might be a good thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon Mimi! I'm gonna miss her if she is gone :cry: I know I moaned about her a lot but I loved her really (not in a sexual way or anything, I just loved her because she was nothing but nice to me all year and she's a great lecturer). I did ring her 'phone number yesterday and I got an answerphone message saying "This is..... from the School of Law, I'm sorry I'm not here to take your call..." I don't know for sure yet. Her name's still on the staff list. I can't imagine she would leave, she's been there since 1999. What were you doing in 1999? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In 1999 I was 7 years old. :)

You have her personal phone number? Is that normal practice at Uni?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was 9 :cool: What were you doing? What music were you listening to? I have her office 'phone number and those numbers are published on the college website on their profiles. She also gave it to the students as well as her college email. I don't have her personal email and she doesn't have mine. I don't have her mobile number but I think I saw it somewhere on the college website in some article about a conference she was organising. I won't call it though :p It's normal for lecturers to give students their office 'phone numbers but I prefer to email them or talk to them in person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh right okay. I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe it's just time for her to move on. :)

When I was 7 I was listening to Britney and Westlife (I know...:o). What about you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be or she could just be on sabbatical leave. Dad thinks she hasn't left but that they're updating her profile and whoever's running the website took it offline so they could update it. I hope she hasn't gone :cry: She was my favourite lecturer!

I was listening to Britney (who I still love), Westlife, S Club 7, Spice Girls, Aqua, Vengaboys and other cheesy pop :blush: I was also starting to get into computers. I remember using Windows 98 for the first time :D I also remember the hype about the Millennium Bug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was only just using a computer at that point too. My parents came home with our first one. It was windows 98, I believe. How computing and technology has changed since then!

I'm watching season five of Gossip Girl again. Finished season four within a couple of days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take it Windows 98 was the first Windows you used? :cool: It was mine as well. Now we have Windows 8.1, which to be honest is crap. Windows 7 is ok though. I run it on my Mac for games. As for Macs, I remember those blue transparent iMacs were all the rage in 1999 :D They ran Mac OS 9. What a difference 15 years makes! I guess I'll find out next week if L.A. has left the college or not. I wonder if I drove her away? :o:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt that you drove her away, cnbc. It would take more than one student to do that, I'd imagine unless the situation was serious, i.e a relationship which you've already stated isn't the case. Don't take it personally. :) maybe she's just taking some time off or she has a job elsewhere. It's unlikely that they would disclose that information to students until their final week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know that we moan about cold weather and look forward to the summer months but is anyone else sick of this heat? I'm longing for the winter months. At least you can add layers when cold; there are only so many that you can remove in the summer.

Bring on hot bubble baths, woolly hats, scarves, gloves, thick jumpers, boots, home made soup, open fires with duvets and DVDs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I doubt that you drove her away, cnbc. It would take more than one student to do that, I'd imagine unless the situation was serious, i.e a relationship which you've already stated isn't the case. Don't take it personally. :) maybe she's just taking some time off or she has a job elsewhere. It's unlikely that they would disclose that information to students until their final week.

Well I did cry in her office and everything and I wonder did that get too much for her? She had to deal with me in a bad state. I was never dating her even though there was a rumour mill! I would rather eat live bees washed down with sulphuric acid than sleep with her anyway :p Well she never told me anything when I went to see her the other week. Anyway I did a bit more snooping on the 'net and two other lecturers' profiles are gone as well and one of them was the head of the law school! However, the course director of the Masters told me they were losing two staff... the plot thickens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I did cry in her office and everything and I wonder did that get too much for her? She had to deal with me in a bad state. I was never dating her even though there was a rumour mill! I would rather eat live bees washed down with sulphuric acid than sleep with her anyway :p Well she never told me anything when I went to see her the other week. Anyway I did a bit more snooping on the 'net and two other lecturers' profiles are gone as well and one of them was the head of the law school! However, the course director of the Masters told me they were losing two staff... the plot thickens.

There you go then :D

I'm still loading music into my itunes. It's taking ages. Tonight I've put No Doubt, Laura Marling, Death Cab For Cutie, Paper Aeroplanes and Jimmy Eat World on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    There you go then :D

I'm still loading music into my itunes. It's taking ages. Tonight I've put No Doubt, Laura Marling, Death Cab For Cutie, Paper Aeroplanes and Jimmy Eat World on.

So that means she could be one of the ones going? Well all that I know is that one of the people involved in the Disability Law research centre in the college is going on sabbatical and she wouldn't say who the other one was, but I don't think L.A. would be that lecturer. If other lecturers' profiles are gone from the site as well then they're updating them. I doubt she would go. I would say the other staff member they're losing is someone who's on a temporary contract and not a permanent one, but then again Professor McGonagall (yes that's her real name!) is retiring. University jobs are usually permanent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning.

I hate this heat. I'm sat in bed watching gossip girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning! I'm sick of the heat as well. I wish it would rain!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon it's cloudy and cool here in Edinburgh :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon HM!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's everyone up to?