Vikings (US/Canada Pace)

MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
Forum Member
Has anybody else checked out the new Vikings drama series yet? It started on Sunday night in the US and Canada, on the History Channel in both countries, and I quite enjoyed it. Spoiler: It looks like the raping and pillaging of England begins next week. We know whose side Guardian readers will be on.:)

Comments

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully will be watching it this evening
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    anyone know if this is coming to the UK?

also. is there any boob in it?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    anyone know if this is coming to the UK?

also. is there any boob in it?

No nudity -- the History Channel is "basic" cable, not premium cable.

I haven't heard about any plans for Vikings to air in the UK, but since the UK's History Channel is co-owned by the same company that owns the US and Canadian History channels, I wouldn't be surprised if Vikings eventually turns up on your History Channel.
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    No nudity -- the History Channel is "basic" cable, not premium cable.

I haven't heard about any plans for Vikings to air in the UK, but since the UK's History Channel is co-owned by the same company that owns the US and Canadian History channels, I wouldn't be surprised if Vikings eventually turns up on your History Channel.

hmmm i've always thought the boob enhanced spartacus, the tudors, game of thrones etc. like mayonnaise on a kebab.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    hmmm i've always thought the boob enhanced spartacus, the tudors, game of thrones etc. like mayonnaise on a kebab.

Those three shows, respectively, were/are on Starz, Showtime, and HBO -- all premium cable channels with no ads. Judging by the first episode, Vikings isn't TOO far from being the kind of thing BBC1 might air on a Saturday night -- Merlin with a little more violence.:)
    Forum Member
    Those three shows, respectively, were/are on Starz, Showtime, and HBO -- all premium cable channels with no ads. Judging by the first episode, Vikings isn't TOO far from being the kind of thing BBC1 might air on a Saturday night -- Merlin with a little more violence.:)

damn.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I just watched the first 2 episodes on the history channel on line. I enjoyed it. cannot wait for episode 3.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Travis Fimmel is in it.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Did pretty good in the ratings. The first part of "The Bible" miniseries was a very good lead in :D:p
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it - thought the lead looked like a young Tom Hanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very enjoyed it :) looks promising
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first couple of episodes were quite promising. I was prepared to be disappointed, because the History channel has suckered me in before with a flashy trailer for something that turns out to be a very repetitive documentary. But this had good production values and is on track to be an excellent drama.
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I like it - thought the lead looked like a young Tom Hanks

I was thinking it was Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy (it's not).
  • BogzBogz Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good first episode,really enjoyed it.
  • GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *bump*
  • GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great start. I hope it continues.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody else checked out the new Vikings drama series yet? It started on Sunday night in the US and Canada, on the History Channel in both countries, and I quite enjoyed it. Spoiler: It looks like the raping and pillaging of England begins next week. We know whose side Guardian readers will be on.:)

I enjoyed it. Its a bit odd though that I was rooting for Ragnar to disobey the Earl and sail off to the west - even though that means they'll be slaughtering innocent people in Northumberland:(

I assume the Earl has lost his sons? If so will he eventually end up backing Ragnar as a suitable successor who shows some get up 'n go?
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just gets better and better, really hope the ratings keep up and a season 2 gets made.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I've neglected this - only seen the first two - will make an effort this week then - thanks Toon Army.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching this on history on demand and i'm really enjoying it.
    I really hope it gets a second season and it's about time a uk broadcaster picked it up too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already renewed for season 2! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »
    Already renewed for season 2! :)

Thanks, that's great news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I've been watching this on history on demand and i'm really enjoying it.
    I really hope it gets a second season and it's about time a uk broadcaster picked it up too.

I think History Channel have the UK rights...
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode this week is it wrong i find Ragnars wife hot? lol
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    is it wrong i find Ragnars wife hot?

Why would it be? She is.
    Forum Member