Angry Birds Now On ANDROID!!

2»

Comments

• Ju411Ju411 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let everybody know that Rovio have now launched Angry Birds (all 150 levels) FOR FREE for ANDROID..

The bad news: the Rovio website, the getjar website (to download it from) are all down (even teh mobile getjar that one is advised to get it from due to high site traffic) because of too much traffic...argh.... I hope they won't change it from free when the sites are back up...
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Ju411 wrote: »
    Just to let everybody know that Rovio have now launched Angry Birds (all 150 levels) FOR FREE for ANDROID..

The bad news: the Rovio website, the getjar website (to download it from) are all down (even teh mobile getjar that one is advised to get it from due to high site traffic) because of too much traffic...argh.... I hope they won't change it from free when the sites are back up...

Have a search around as some people are mirroring the download.
  • dave81ukdave81uk Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having played this on my iPhone I really don't get the hype, its ok yes but I prefer something like Doodle Jump
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Have a search around as some people are mirroring the download.

:o ummm.. how would I search for this :o ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I love angry birds on my iPhone and iPod touch. Very very addictive
  • Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    I've just downloaded it from the Market, it works fine.
  • old bill2old bill2 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded Angry Birds from the Market without any problems for my Desire and Galaxy S. However there was no sign of it for my X10.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angry Birds is a decent game however Cut The Rope is far better IMO which has sold over 1 million games in just 10 days making it the fastest selling iOS game to date.
  • John_ElwayJohn_Elway Posts: 5,121
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Not in this case they don't! I have no idea why some people cannot find the beta app in the marketplace but it is certainly there (and installs correctly without needing to enable the 'unknown source' setting) for me.

The app store only shows, I believe, compatible apps for your phone. E.g. I have a Desire and my friend a Wildfire. Weatherbug simply isn't there when they search for it from the Wildfire but is on my Desire.
  • Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    John_Elway wrote: »
    The app store only shows, I believe, compatible apps for your phone. E.g. I have a Desire and my friend a Wildfire. Weatherbug simply isn't there when they search for it from the Wildfire but is on my Desire.

I agree. I wasn't able to find Angry Birds Lite for my wife's Wildfire, but it was available for my Desire running FroYo.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John_Elway wrote: »

That makes sense actually. The email I had confirming the full release did list the minimum phone specifications needed to run it.
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if u can't fond am app in the market its coz ur device isn't compatible with it
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, downloaded the full version of Angry Birds and have been thoroughly enjoying it. The ads are unobtrustive, but I'm surprised that Rovio have taken this route. The revenue they get from this can't possibly match what they would have got for selling it at 99c/69p or whatever, not to mention that the ads are so unobtrusive that there's little incentive to buy the paid-for version when (or if) it finally arrives.

This would have been a great experiment if they had released it in the same way as it was in the App Store. Many people are constantly saying it's impossible (or at least harder) to make money from the Android Market. Angry Birds would have been a great litmus test: the best selling iPhone app now on Android. How would it fare? Would they make money? Would the number of purchased downloads reach anywhere near the same level as they did on the iPhone? It would have been interesting to see what happened, and it's a shame that we don't get the chance to.

Would I have still downloaded Angry Birds if it had cost me 69p? Hell, yeah. Anywhere this side of £3 would probably have been a sale for me.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    goodkarma wrote: »
    I love angry birds on my iPhone and iPod touch. Very very addictive

It really is - gets me through boring lectures quickly :D Just hol the ipod under the desk while the lecturer drones on, fire up angry birds and the lecture's over in no time!
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Angry Birds is a decent game however Cut The Rope is far better IMO which has sold over 1 million games in just 10 days making it the fastest selling iOS game to date.

Cut the rope is a great game. Very addictive :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played the demo to death and loved it, so I was hugely surprised - and delighted - to see that the full version was available for free.

Downloaded it yesterday and already wiped out the battery on my Desire playing it :)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Been waiting for a full version of this for weeks now. The demo was the first app/game I downloaded :D

Must've been playing at least 3 hours today, and I've come to a crashing halt on level 3-2 of the first episode. I have the same damn pig left every sodding time!!! Grrrr!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angry Birds doesn't appear on the market for my Hero, but you can still get it like this.

Using your phone, go to m.getjar.com (don't enter http:// or www.)

Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.

Enter Code: 43600 to begin download.

All completely legit.

EDIT: I've just had another look at the site, and this method should work for Wildfire users as well. (no promises) Maybe someone can give it a go and report back??
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ju411 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation.. only that I have tried without the sim card (O2) first (accessing the Android Market via Wi-Fi).. then with the sim card (again accessing via Wi-Fi).. and in both instances there was no Angry Birds on the Android market :(
    THe Galaxy S is new and was bought sim free via Amazon in Germany.. All I can find on the Android market is a theme:confused:
    Does anybody know if there's a way to install the game in a different way?

does this happen often with the Galaxy S? Only I'm due for an upgrade this month and was thinking of getting the Galaxy S
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I've come to a crashing halt on level 3-2 of the first episode. I have the same damn pig left every sodding time!!! Grrrr!

I'm now on this level :)
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angry Birds doesn't appear on the market for my Hero, but you can still get it like this.

Using your phone, go to m.getjar.com (don't enter http:// or www.)

Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.

Enter Code: 43600 to begin download.

All completely legit.

EDIT: I've just had another look at the site, and this method should work for Wildfire users as well. (no promises) Maybe someone can give it a go and report back??

When I do this I get the music and no image, its off screen at the top but nothing can be clicked. :(

Raven
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V1Chris21 wrote: »
    does this happen often with the Galaxy S? Only I'm due for an upgrade this month and was thinking of getting the Galaxy S

i couldn't find it on the market place but got my hands on it via a different way.. get jar that is, well a mirrored link as it crashed the servers on the day of release.
    works ok on the Galaxy S but didn't have much chance to play it yet
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Cut the rope is a great game. Very addictive :)

Haven't tried that one yet but will get around to it sometime.